Possibilities

Im curious to see what responses I get. What does everyone think is externally possible with magick? Also what is internally possible? Take the questions how you will and dont ask what I mean I feel this would limit the responses. Thank you for your time.

Sky is the limit, but it sure gonna be a Hell to pay in matter of efforts and such.

I plan to command the powers of a goiddess within my lifetime and completely change the world more to my liking, perhaps over several lifetimes and perhaps at some point leaving a strictly human form to do so - BUT, I’m willing to put in the work to see this happen, and I feel that many people have large ambitions and zero desire to do what it might take: in fact, it seems to me that most people who express the most grandiose plans couldn’t even get themselves promoted in a human workplace with known rules and conventions, let alone anything like this.

That’s my 2¢ and those have been my goals for a long time, took a while to come into focus properly but the core ideas were there, and I had them before I even heard of this website, btw.

1 Like

Everything is posible with magick. Magick is about becoming God (its background teachings, Magnum Opus, the Great Work, etc) achieving Godhood, so what’s imposible for God?

If you look into the research that’s been done around hypnosis over the past 100-some years, you’ll be pretty shocked to see what’s been pulled off without resorting to occult techniques and methods. Between the medical and brain-washing/identity alteration techniques, what’s been observed in academic and intelligence research violates a lot of what material/medical science will usually accept as possible. So once you see what’s possible with non-occult techniques, and then add to that the realization that occult techniques are very real and most effective… Also, with regard to identity, personality, and behavior alteration and the sudden gaining/improvement in difficult skills - I strongly suggest, again, that you read up and look into stroke victims. It does not seem so implausible that Astaroth can make you witty, or Belial can change your sexual orientation, or a spirit can help you master a foreign language virtually overnight, or achieve mastery of an art you’ve never practiced before in a relatively short period of time, or Sargatanas can wipe someone’s memory, etc, if you realize that stroke victims routinely experience these kinds of extreme changes. In other words, the glitch reveals what our brains are truly capable of. When someone wakes up, for example, from a coma speaking fluent Swedish after they spent a week in Sweden on vacation thirty years ago, that has some pretty awesome implications. If the process is already there and can be triggered by a glitch, surely it can be triggered deliberately by an entity with the expertise to do so. (Think of all those lightning-struck geniuses…)

I’d say the main theme, primary aspect, of my “Initiation” over the past bit of time has been the realization that I can do anything I want to do and my limitations and restrictions are an illusion - which is dangerous and slightly terrifying, something you have to digest over time I think, because it’s not just your conscious mind that has to get it. If you try to go too gung-ho with this at once, you hit the fundamentalist’s dilemma in reverse - instead of, “Why isn’t the world the way I believe it is? I must destroy the world to punish it!” now you get, “Why do I keep experiencing this split between what I know and will and how I think and behave? Everybody else seems to find it easy to act the way they want to. I must sit in the dark and think miserable thoughts because clearly I’m doomed.” I’m finally pushing out to the other side now, but I still find that my biggest improvements and successes - which are a weekly and bi-weekly occurrence now - are immediately followed with a crash into a day or two of depression (which used to be a month or two) where all I can see is the shit I still haven’t fixed, and the pace that isn’t as fast as I’d like it to be.

1 Like

Aim for the stars, if need be, settle for the moon.

At least you make a tremendous stride! =)

So what do you all think you can accomplish with these powers?

Make the world and everything in it go the way I want it to. :slight_smile:

The creative urge at its finest, and most extreme…

It is a great question. External magick is to alter the physical internal magick is the trick question. As the internal reaches beyond this realm drawing powers and calling on entities far from the existence of time and stars. Internal magick reches beyond external… And it is me Deon btw I have some problems with my other account

One variable would be the will, the training, the preparation, the goal and the determination of the magician.

Another, his / her familiarity and working relationship with the Spirit(s) involved in the operation.

And of equal, if not greater importance are the agendas and continuing loyalties /alliances of the Spirits themselves.

For example, say a magician has something extremely heavy in mind. Something in theory which could be accomplished. But there exists multiple generations of magicians who have been working with Spirits of equal or greater power on a competing agenda.

The question then becomes how does one compromise the existing agenda and / or flip the loyalties of the Spirits involved?

When that question is answered and the appropriate alliances forged, anything imaginable is possible.

[quote=“Sultitan_Itan, post:5, topic:3888”]If you look into the research that’s been done around hypnosis over the past 100-some years, you’ll be pretty shocked to see what’s been pulled off without resorting to occult techniques and methods. Between the medical and brain-washing/identity alteration techniques, what’s been observed in academic and intelligence research violates a lot of what material/medical science will usually accept as possible. So once you see what’s possible with non-occult techniques, and then add to that the realization that occult techniques are very real and most effective… Also, with regard to identity, personality, and behavior alteration and the sudden gaining/improvement in difficult skills - I strongly suggest, again, that you read up and look into stroke victims. It does not seem so implausible that Astaroth can make you witty, or Belial can change your sexual orientation, or a spirit can help you master a foreign language virtually overnight, or achieve mastery of an art you’ve never practiced before in a relatively short period of time, or Sargatanas can wipe someone’s memory, etc, if you realize that stroke victims routinely experience these kinds of extreme changes. In other words, the glitch reveals what our brains are truly capable of. When someone wakes up, for example, from a coma speaking fluent Swedish after they spent a week in Sweden on vacation thirty years ago, that has some pretty awesome implications. If the process is already there and can be triggered by a glitch, surely it can be triggered deliberately by an entity with the expertise to do so. (Think of all those lightning-struck geniuses…)

I’d say the main theme, primary aspect, of my “Initiation” over the past bit of time has been the realization that I can do anything I want to do and my limitations and restrictions are an illusion - which is dangerous and slightly terrifying, something you have to digest over time I think, because it’s not just your conscious mind that has to get it. If you try to go too gung-ho with this at once, you hit the fundamentalist’s dilemma in reverse - instead of, “Why isn’t the world the way I believe it is? I must destroy the world to punish it!” now you get, “Why do I keep experiencing this split between what I know and will and how I think and behave? Everybody else seems to find it easy to act the way they want to. I must sit in the dark and think miserable thoughts because clearly I’m doomed.” I’m finally pushing out to the other side now, but I still find that my biggest improvements and successes - which are a weekly and bi-weekly occurrence now - are immediately followed with a crash into a day or two of depression (which used to be a month or two) where all I can see is the shit I still haven’t fixed, and the pace that isn’t as fast as I’d like it to be.[/quote]

Very interesting what you mention about the stroke victims. I have to read up on this.