Possessed by a Skadegamutc

The one who haunts the old Gilson Cemetery, yeah; he haunts me now. I can hear the screams of the trees, the screams of the colonizers and Natives who died in the nearby battle centuries ago.

The ground is unstable and the trees drink from the dead in the soil. The Skadegamutc commands the whole area. Long ago, when he was alive, warriors would come to him for power.

He would fill them full of dark spirits.

I am trying to get his voice, his message out.

Listen to Skadegamutc Rock by Blake Patria on #SoundCloud

2 Likes

Moved to Journals as this seems less a question for the forum than sharing UPG.

Fun stuff, can you tell us more about what a Skadegamutc is, what currents does it come from and what you get out of working with this one?

5 Likes

Been a while lol I missed some changes.

A Skadegamutc is an evil spirit in the Abenaki (Northeastern USA/Canada nation of Natives) tradition. It translates as “ghost witch”. This Skadegamutc was a sorcerer in life, so we clicked pretty well.

He preserved himself into Skadegamutc when his body could live no more, and he continued to haunt the area for centuries more.

I think I’ve brought it up a few times, but no engagement on it here. I can’t see why; an Abenaki Indian sorcerer who continues to influence his environment in death?! Awesome.

There’s not much written about Skadegamutc, kinda esoteric.

2 Likes

Very awesome my brother

1 Like

Super interesting, do you consider that all ghosts of witches are also Skadegamutc, or are there other criteria to qualify? Is a tie to the land part of it?

I work with the ghost of a witch within the systems described by Sorceress Cagliastro, plus my own fey ways, so I’m curious? She doesn’t know this term to verify.

1 Like

My whole family has the plague.
It makes me feverish.
The fever connects me to other realms.
Mind alteration is life.

The Skadegamutc and I are still working on the album.
I will post it here when I’m done.

My kid is almost four. He’s already demonstrating a talent for magic. He has a speech delay, but he is getting better.

My fiance thinks I’m the most terrifying person in the world, but she means it as a compliment. It scared her when I got possessed by the Skadegamutc though. The trees are screaming.

1 Like

I think there is a cultural impact on this manifestation. The culture of the sorcerer in life (though he generally did not like people), and how the culture shaped the observations of the Skadegamutc. I come from a different cultural background, but I understand the centuries passed in the area.

It was one town until the border of two colonies formed, dividing the land between two states now.
There is no reservation for the people of the Skadegamutc in my state. This irritates him lol

2 Likes

You gotta claim your power, own your power. I was talking with a friend, and his spirit in my head inspired me; I recognized my power, and owned it with a poetic little swagger:

"It’s hard to tell how much of it is me. It used to feel like an accident, but saying “the magic words” is real. I can drive people insane, build a prison of mirrors around them with the jerk of my knee.

I can soften the hardest hearts by “not pulling out that time”. I can be a reaper of kings, inspire ice cold fear in the manically fearless. I am untouchable in unruly crowds of psychopathic thugs.

I can satisfy the insatiable, grant wishes. I drive crowds as I rot alive, see deep into the past and future. I can spare you a visit to the abortion clinic with the flip of a card.

I don’t believe in good or evil.
I believe in Chaos.
I like the term “chaotic neutral”.

You’re a cool soul, Healing Hearts"

Don’t be afraid to bark a little thunder for your lightening.

1 Like

Friend from “the crew” died recently. Yesterday? Today?

My kid is learning the chorus to “Petit Papa Noël”
which is awesome because he’s speech delayed.

I’m not sure I have it in me to play lead guitar in a “goth” post punk band. I am a control freak and heretic about a style of music like that, about any kind of music I play, really.

I would be sadder about my friend dying, but necromancy has given me outlandish ideas about death. I feel him here:

1 Like

We put the album out a couple days ago.

1 Like

That’s awesome, hey someone that is creative like you, you should talk to @TheUmbra, has a good voice too

2 Likes

What do you have in mind?

2 Likes

You two might have a ton in common

2 Likes

Oh really?

Well @Alazif I guess I’ll introduce myself

I am a great writer but a ok vocalist. The direction I’d like to take with my music is more heavy rock with influences from Alice in chains, tool, and Deftones. But right now I’m limited by my own ability with my voice and being limited to music beats on YouTube. I’m working twords going to college for misic theory and performance.

For the other side of me, I’ve been practice magic for about 2 years. In my first year I worked with only demons of the goetia and found success there. I even used to speak to them daily. But, after I took some of my work farther than I was ready for, I stepped away from that. Now I just do minor spells to progress easier in life. I haven’t used my cards in a long while so I’m rusty there.

That’s about it really.

2 Likes

If you’re okay with giving to people, and possibly getting, nightmares, I’m your dude.

1 Like

I’ve never had a night mare before. I’ll also link a couple songs. I have a tenor voice so it’s higher than most guys.

The last one is more of a experimental song. But the other two are more aligned with you I’d think

2 Likes

Tenor is great for Maynard’s techniques. Maynard was one of my favorites when I wore a younger man’s clothes. You’re coming along great! Maybe Caleb can nail the notes that are a strain for Maynard.

I think I can come up with something cool for you to sing to. I need to study your stuff more to craft an organism that plays more closely to your style. It might come out a little weird, but you’re singing will put it up there.

Can I get to know you better too?
Like, I can work your personality into the music.
Please tell me about the lyrics to that first song.

2 Likes

I like you already…

Ok so soil is all about my own mortality. We all gotta be put in the dirt at some point. So it starts out with gonna be alone gotta get out of here, I’m rushing twords the fear. This is about moving out of my dad’s house and being alone. But then it goes into I’m rushing twords the fear. Meaning I’m running into the unknown and it’s a big step in my life. Corrupt soul can’t enjoy what I feel is saying exactly what It means. I feel like I’m different and sometimes I don’t enjoy the moments I have.

The the chorus gets abstract. It represents the idea that I’m a walking clock, ticking away life, and that idea to me digs into me. And it has a bit of irony in it becuase the fact I’m obsessively thinking about that is worrying me into the grave.

The second verse talks about asking older people how they feel about death because they’re closer to it. And saying my head is bold thinking the way it does, is aboit suicidal thoughts.

And the final chrous is exactly what it is.
I’m scared to go
Will I even leave?
Is it enough to satisfy me?
It’s so cold, the way I think
Cover me with soil
I am scared to leave

One of my better songs

2 Likes

I like them all.
I think moving out of your Dad’s is going to be good for your music too. Experience of any kind can make us better song writers. It’s often difficult, but the music is worth it.

What general region are you from?

2 Likes

America East coast

2 Likes