Positive and Negative Energy Paths

i’ve heard about the various paths that talk about the dark and the light, as well as the middle pillar, but i’m wondering how it works for positive and negative energies. i know that there’s a positive path like where you cleanse all of the negative energies out of you or grounding them out, as well as the opposite with positive energies. i’m wondering if there’s also a middle path for that as well. i’m very drawn to both paths and i’ve been very indecisive on which one i want to work in. is it possible to use both positive and negative energies in your working and walk both of these paths simultaneously and what would that path be called?

1 Like

You don’t have to choose a single path. I haven’t and many here use whichever energy is right for them and their task, regardless of light, dark, positive, negative…

For example, I’m working through a book that primarily focuses on Solar energy, while also doing rituals with Tiamat, who is the embodiment of primordial chaos. Once you reach Regular status, you could see all of my work throughs where the energies vary from shadow people to arch angels to land spirits… Some positive, some negative, some negative for positive purposes.

It’s more important that you find a path you can follow to get you started. It will likely change, twisting and turning, as you progress and follow the next part of your path.

6 Likes

thank you! i have a problem with splitting and duality and how things have to be one way or the other. i’m very drawn to light, dark, positive, negative, etc. i think i could use all of these energies in my practice. i just didn’t want any of these energies to conflict with each other

1 Like

When I do workings, it’s not uncommon for me to have several very different energies in the space at the same time. I remember being concerned about conflicting energies when I started out evoking, but now I mix them where I feel it is appropriate.

5 Likes

yes, i’m beginning to understand that now. thank you!

1 Like

I would consider these both unhealthy extremes and doomed to fail. The duality thing is a fake invention of dogmatic religions, and the labels applied are personal and subjective.

You can’t exist without energy and whether you label the energy good or bad or positive or good isn’t that helpful and isn’t really what’s important. The energy flows from cold to hot continually, finding a balance. The question is does it serve you and help you meet your goals, does it help you and those you love succeed?

I would say it’s impossible not to. :smiley:

What else are you going to do, do a negative ritual to bring you negativity and ruin your life worshiping The Darque™? Most people do workings for their own good, or the good of thier family, home, work, love lives… to correct what’s “bad” and improve the balance.

3 Likes

that’s a perfect way to do it. i think the best thing to do is to ground out the energy that doesn’t have my best intention. whether it’s positive or negative, it doesn’t matter

1 Like