Please help me find my kitty

Hello!

I had a friend whose little sister lost their kitty 3 months ago. The sister was devastated, so my friend asked if I would do a tarot reading for the kitty to see what was going on. I pulled a Celtic Cross spread and learned the cat missed his mother and would be coming home soon. My friend nevertheless asked if I would craft a spell for the cat to return more quickly, so I had one prepared to do, but 3 months exactly after the cat’s disappearance (a few days ago), my friend’s mom happened to check a shelter’s Facebook page and saw this kitty that was the same rare breed as theirs. And he was indeed their cat. Reunited!

So my advice is to first consult a divinatory tool to understand your dear kitty’s current situation. If it says she’s returning soon, I wouldn’t use a spell to quicken the process - I think it’s best not to interfere with an already potential outcome that’s very in your favor.

As for the spell I had prepared, I planned to give an offering of catnip to the goddess Bast on Sunday at daybreak, along with a prayer asking Bast to accept my offering and to please guide the kitty home.

2 Likes

Yes. After I felt I had done enough chanting his enn I laid out my request!

1 Like

Oh I never thought about using my tarot to check up on her!

Cozier, the Angel of Lost Things, belongs to Baal (think invisibility).
He can assist.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Actually, I was incorrect, this is the dude you want (though you can still try Cozier I guess);

1 Like

Yes. Helena sent me this as well. Would calling multiple spirits be okay for this? I don’t want to undermine anyone’s abilities or have their toes stepped on

1 Like

Confirmation from President Marbas and Lady Bastet (I think from her)

1 Like

On a mundane note, if you can, try leaving the litterbox outside … cats can smell their waste for up to a mile away.

1 Like

So I don’t know if this was mentionned here but, try calling your cat outside in the evening, or before going to sleep. When it’s dark your voice will go further. Do it everyday.
I don’t want to give you false hopes, but we had a cat missing for a month, and coming back one day like nothing happened.

4 Likes

So since everyone’s given good magick recommendations and I haven’t got anything to add magick-wise I’ll just suggest something mundane.

Have you phoned or emailed the local animal shelters, rescues, pounds etc and put up posters/lost-pet-signs yet (and made sure the lost pet posters didn’t get removed)?

For a start I recommend calling the local animal shelters daily.

Why I ask if you called shelters is sometimes people who find lost animals take them to shelters thinking the cat/dog/other is homeless and needs to be given a home and some love. If the animal arrives at the shelter in good health and doesn’t have behavioral issues they’ll adopt it out quick not realizing it’s just lost not homeless/unwanted.

2 Likes

My Ex had Edith, a sweet, but large female kitty who went missing. Worried the family horribly. One day she came back and was so skinny, we deduced that she munched on a few critters while not being able to climb out of a sewer grate, which likely would have been hit by a car at that bend in the road unless she went in there. Smart girl. I also as a kid adopted a beautiful Maine coone kitty, muffin. I was feeding here in the woodpile in the rain, so she stuck around. When we moved, all three of our four kitties ran off when moving them into the new house, one, Polka remained.

I would check craigslist, facebook, etc for lost and found pets. Also the local humane society or vet clinics. My kitty on my bed with me was rescued by me twice from the shelter when rehoming her out of necessity. I guess a bit selfish, but I also know here quirks which can be off-putting to kids and whatnot. She is also a single kitty :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have done this. We have to go in person though as they get many cats and dogs in

1 Like

I have applied Katie to alot of lost pets Facebook groups too. Thank you! I’m glad your kitties found their way :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I figured you probably did, my other suggestion (magick one) was already given by someone else which was to contact Bastet (you could also contact Sekhmet) that’s why I gave the mundane suggestion (not cuz I thought you hadn’t, cuz I saved to post later and by the time I returned to it my my actual suggestion was already given to you by someone else and I didn’t wanna just repeat someone else’s suggestion and look like a copy cat or like I didn’t read the replies).

2 Likes

I thought about Sekhmet. I’ve already left offerings to Bastet and called to President Marbas. I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to call too many spirits though

@BladeOfWoe If you’re giving them different tasks it should be ok. I think since Sekhmet is known for being a guardian and protector (of Ra) maybe ask her to protect and ensure kitty’s safety instead of tasking her to return kitty home. I think I’d ask Sekhmet to keep kitty safe given her being a guardian goddess if it was my cat and I’d already asked other entities/dieties for the cats safe return asap.

1 Like

Can do

1 Like

This probably isn’t anything cuz I’m not a psychic but I keep getting a visual impression in my mind of dry grass and slightly messy haired cat hiding under a porch coming to mind when thinking of your cat. Are there any abandoned houses with porches and dry ankle to knee high grass around them near you? If so maybe look there once (but don’t put any faith in my impressions cuz I’m probably wrong).

1 Like

I’m sure there are places like that around here.