Pictures of Altars

but you remind me of my stupidity: even this little a space,
means that you got a place dedicated for practiceā€¦ and i keep looking for excuses :astonished:

2 Likes

ā€¦respect :fearful:

@Drachir I understand completely. I canā€™t make altars like some of these pictures because religious parents. This didnā€™t start out as an altar at all. It is the desk where I first evoked my guide though. I felt urged to buy the minotaur and the little amethyst tree. The rocks I already had. I got those little felt bagged tourist polished rocks at 2 or 3 different locations when i was younger (aquariums in new Orleans and chicago and maybe one other spot). It turned into this. One of the things Iā€™m really learning (because beginner) is how important intent is. Not just in spellcasting, but every aspect of life. My intention has been to honor my guide and through that intention heā€™s provided me with a way to do that. Which Iā€™m super dooper grateful for! To think that it just started as a candle and a drawing pad!

1 Like

@Drachir thanks by the way. I didnt think anyone was actually going to reply to mine because the others do seriously look more impressive lol

1 Like

@anon39410973 - please do. Iā€™m in the same boat

1 Like

I just got done redoing my altar with brand new items.
I have a new altar cloth, two new crosses which symbolize the crossroads, a machete, two new candlestick holders, a book stand to hold my grimoire, a skull mug, an offering plate and some cool orange Halloween lights.
I love my new set up!

I hope everyone enjoys :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Thatā€™s a beautiful display. :heart:

Mine gets tucked away in that box, on a bottom shelf in my room when not in use. I miss having somewhere to keep my stones out on display. Love the Amethyst tree btw, great idea!

2 Likes

@Mercury - Thanks :slight_smile: A woman I know is asking someone how to make them. If her and I can learn how, Iā€™m going to make a shelf for them : 7 for the colors of the rainbow and then a quartz one for light.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen guides for that craft on Pinterest, not all the blogs give designs but the odd one does. They are beautiful ways to keep stones. The amethyst specifically is a neat idea because it naturally cleanses energies in stones when theyā€™re kept nearby. I need a weeping willow of the stuff now that Iā€™ve seen your display. XD

2 Likes

@Mercury Thatā€™s a super great idea. I do have some amethyst that I keep for protection. A few stones and some jewelry. I might put little rock-sized stones (corresponding ones) by the trees. Amethyst in front of amethyst and so on. Be an easy way to keep cleansed all the gems I buy and use.

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to see a picture of that when itā€™s assembled! :heart:

3 Likes

@Mercury Iā€™ll definitely upload a picture!

1 Like

At this point my main altar is a big layed out news paper with symbols drawn on it.

3 Likes

amazing!i feel the energy of it!

2 Likes

Looks really amazing @ChaosCaster415

3 Likes

Thank youā€¦ Yes it is meant to have that vibe of energy and some what raw power.

2 Likes

Thank you! Yours is really great as well, very elegant

3 Likes

15 Likes

I have that same alter cloth. Got it on Amazon.

Thank you :black_heart:

1 Like