Picking an entity or being chosen?

Totally new here. Do you pick the entity you want to work with based on what you want done or do you leave yourself open and they pick you. Like putting out an open request sorta thing?

1 Like

Excellent question. Depends on your goal. As you say, if you have a want, then research the entity best able to help with that endeavor and make your plea. If you’re looking for guidance/help in a more generalized sense, then an open request could call in a mentor figure to possibly be a Matron/Patron to you.

1 Like

Can you perhaps do both? I have some wants but I also want to develop a relationship/relationships so that I’m regularly having guidance. If they’re not the same entities, is that a problem?

Thanks for responding!

1 Like

Oh absolutely do both.

Not in the least. It is very commonplace.

1 Like

Ok! That’s exciting! I’ll look on forums to see how to do like the open call aspect and then also look at The different threads to see which ones might be best to ask for help
Thanks for the help!

1 Like

You’re welcome. You have a great attitude!

1 Like

For me, there are only those two possibilities. If I have something that I need to take care of, there are plenty of ancient that associate themselves with many different tasks but at the end of the day it is they who decide whether they want to work with you or not.

On the other hand sometimes you may be stuck, have a pressing issue and not know where to start. In that case someone will present themselves to you and offer help and guidance.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Oh this makes sense! Thanks!