Physical Practices To Empower Soul Travel

I would like to ask, what are people’s physical practices like? In other words, do you all practice a steady and consistent physical culture, specifically one that targets and smooths out the overall profuse physical tension that most of us live with. I don’t lift weights, mostly because it’s not as efficient at getting really intimate with the the bodily makeup. However, I have found that these issues that I am seeing here can be heavily remedied by having a strong, yet pliable and loss body that is filled with and accustomed to vivifying energy. So I am wondering what the physical culture is like for some of you, because the lack of such, or perhaps an overemphasis on standard physical practices might be the problem.

Can a mod please IP ban Mtlorde, he’s posting poo all over the place. Not to sound like an ass but I feel that the mods are a bit lacking on this forum, people like this need to be smashed day one imo.

Enoch, I’m curious to your experience with physical practice empowering energetic body work. Can you share some info or experiences? Myself I’m pretty stale in that respect, I just don’t have the time and energy to do that kind of thing right now. As I’ve found that “as above so below” applies far too well to many concepts I can imagine it might work, but on the other hand I’m not sure it is a necessity. Your thoughts?

You used my first name!!! OH LAWD WWHHHHHYYYY!!! Hahaha, but to answer your question that while I feel that it may be “unnecessary”, I can also say that you are probably going to war with a toothpick and a frying pan spatula without it. TRUST ME, I was in the same boat of really not trying to have a need for it, but in consideration with what I have experienced, I’m gonna have to give it up to the old shamans who seemed to unanimously include physical work in there practices.

Whether it is Qigong, Tai Chi, Hatha Yoga (and any like permutation), the idea with these exercises was not necessarily to have physical work empower energy work. Rather, these practices are magical arts in themselves; they are energy work. The idea is that before these systems were devised, the old shamans accessed these physical movements through automatic interface with the primordial. In these states of ecstatic awareness, the distillation of primordial knowledge showed up in automatic body movements. When these shamans documented these practices and performed them, they found that they produced specific kinds of energy and primordial force flow, even if they weren’t initially in ecstatic states. In fact, these movements were bridges to those primordial states, so as you mentioned, “as above, so below”.

The difference between us and those shamans is that we are not starting from a place where we cannot access those states easily. Even though EA may be possibly bringing in an interface with states that aren’t commonly referred to, the fact is that we are still in a realm where the states we enter are not as close to the primordial as what some older systems get into. If I can give an example, the Western idea of meditation begins at the alpha level. However, Swami Rama, among others, state that meditation begins at the DELTA level. To us, that’s the deepest state there is, and yet to a devout yogi, that’s actually the beginning.

In my experience, the physical cultures of these systems devised means of opening the body towards being able to interface with the primordial realms. While strength is an obvious property of doing these movements, the exercises often targeted breaking down energetic blockages and trapped force within the body. Thus, the body is “opened” to the vivifying forces that are within us and around us, opening the channels within our physical and primordial bodies.

I have been doing Carlos Castaneda’s Magical Passes, which due to his controversy could be considered less than credible perhaps. However, in doing these movements, certain natural occurrences have been coming about for me in terms of my health, strength, well-being, and perhaps most astonishing my etheric makeup. To give a quick example, upon going to sleep, there is a constant “light” that seems to grow in intensity, to the point where it produces a “sound”. I have only been doing this for 3 days, and in no way did I expect that to happen.

My other experience is with Yantra Yoga, a Tibetan Yoga that is most similar to Indian Hatha Yoga. I only did it a few times, but my spinal energy at the base of my coccyx remained extremely alive for weeks before it died down. Moreover, even though I didn’t do any exercise in those weeks following my experimentation, along with eating like complete garbage, I had a ridiculous increase in athletic proficiency.

Since starting the Magical Passes, it has been quite easy for me to settle into decisions that I would otherwise mull over. I have only done the series regarding intent, and my next target is to get into the series revolving around inner silence, dreaming, and recapitulation (recapitulation is described as the practice of releasing energy stored in events and memories of the past that has remained trapped there). However, what I can say with this is that in months of meditative work, I have not been able to ground the well-being and energy I did in those practice for any substantial time. However, without even paying attention to it, I was able to ground well-being, instinct, energetic awareness and a sense of ease in a pretty rapid amount of time.

So my goal is to combine the Magical Passes with Yantra Yoga, and get that established before I resume my meditative practices. I reckon that with these physical tools, I can go a lot farther than I could without them. However, what I will say is that just any old exercising is not what I talk about here. Although I think it may be possible to garner this with weights or calisthenics, I am not sure many of us would be able to connect to that primordial nature right off the bat. Hell, I wouldn’t even recommend most Yoga, simply because it is a bit too static for most beginners. Yantra Yoga is based on dynamic, flowing movement that synchronizes breath with the movement in a way that is not emphasized is most general Yogic knowledge. I am not calling it superior, it is just that it has its advantages for beginners in my opinion that allow you to get pretty deep into the body at a beginning level.

The Magical Passes really don’t take too much time, so if anything, I would try that out to see if it is useful to you. The only complaint I would have is that the movements look rather bizarre, which might make it unappealing to many people. It’s not something that bothers me, though, so I would recommend it. However, I do got the time to do it, so honestly I cannot say how I would work around constraints you might have.

Whoops… autopilot. Sorry bro :slight_smile: For what it’s worth, its a cool black magician name, nice bit of Sacrilege haha.

Damn it, as I’m reading your stuff I have visions of a physical body doing things and an energetic body making the exact same movements, which of course corresponds very well to what I feel when I try to move out of my body (both bodies are trying to move as one). So your experience and thesis suddenly has a lot of merit for me, if we’re trying to work with energetic currents and can access that body through movement combined with intent and visualization… seems to me that for most this is in theory then more effective than just using the mind.

The statement of the Western idea of meditation versus that of the serious Yogi can maybe be explained in the mindset of the two, I feel that the Westerner is often looking for an extension of the physical experience on the less dense planes, where the Yogi is likely looking for total transcendence of the entire illusion of separation. As desire and result go hand in hand perhaps this explains why the two traditions have developed differently.

I think I’ll explore the tensegrity magical passes as you suggest and take it from there. I didn’t think much of them at the time for a variaty of reasons (and yes, they look real silly haha). If you’re having good success with them and they require little time they might be just what the doctor ordered, especially since I have a strong affinity to the teachings of Juan. Any specific source you recommend or do you just use the video’s floating around on youtube?

[quote=“Yuri, post:4, topic:3977”]Whoops… autopilot. Sorry bro :slight_smile: For what it’s worth, its a cool black magician name, nice bit of Sacrilege haha.

Damn it, as I’m reading your stuff I have visions of a physical body doing things and an energetic body making the exact same movements, which of course corresponds very well to what I feel when I try to move out of my body (both bodies are trying to move as one). So your experience and thesis suddenly has a lot of merit for me, if we’re trying to work with energetic currents and can access that body through movement combined with intent and visualization… seems to me that for most this is in theory then more effective than just using the mind.

The statement of the Western idea of meditation versus that of the serious Yogi can maybe be explained in the mindset of the two, I feel that the Westerner is often looking for an extension of the physical experience on the less dense planes, where the Yogi is likely looking for total transcendence of the entire illusion of separation. As desire and result go hand in hand perhaps this explains why the two traditions have developed differently.

I think I’ll explore the tensegrity magical passes as you suggest and take it from there. I didn’t think much of them at the time for a variaty of reasons (and yes, they look real silly haha). If you’re having good success with them and they require little time they might be just what the doctor ordered, especially since I have a strong affinity to the teachings of Juan. Any specific source you recommend or do you just use the video’s floating around on youtube?[/quote]

Well honestly, I didn’t even want to do the Magical Passes until I started them. They don’t “feel” stupid, and are actually surprisingly demanding. Now, I am not a super-athlete, so maybe I might just be outta shape. However, if you perform them like you actually want something out of them, then you’ll feel comfortable at least doing them by yourself. It was a gap I got over in about the first 20 seconds I decided to try it out.

I managed to… “procure” the DVDs from a very “liberal” source. I would stress having the book as well, though, which I also procured from another liberal source. There are certain things that are mentioned about the passes in the book that aren’t highlighted in the videos; the little stuff like hand positions and how to keep your fist in position. Despite looking somewhat radically different and out of control in comparison to Yoga or Chinese Physical Alchemy, I find that it couldn’t be farther from out of control. I haven’t found myself feeling the need to correct myself very often, however. And I also noticed that this practice actually seems to correct itself; the first time I did them was radically more amateurish than the second. And even though I was sure I would forget most of them, I actually memorized most of them without any conscious effort. For me, that is different than my experiences with other things (I have found Yantra Yoga to also be very easy to remember despite it being ridiculously active).

So this is what I would say about the DVDs: the DVDs actually only go through one group of passes as shown in the book. There are 3 other Tensegrity DVDs that display passes that are not in the book; it is stated in the book that people often find passes of their own that are distilled through dreams as they practice. Youtube seems to have plenty of videos that revolve around the 3rd, 4th, and 5th series of Magical Passes (The Left/Right Body Series, The Westwood Series, and the Masculinity Series). The only series I was not able to find online is the Womb Series, at least not very detailed videos. I can say that without someone doing it to show you, it is somewhat difficult to pick up instructions from the book, at least for me.

The link below is a youtube channel of a guy performing the 3 series I mentioned above. What I would suggest is that you use his performance to give you an idea of the motions, and then you practice those movements in context of what the book says. I haven’t seen all his videos, but the ones I have seen look a bit sloppy in the form. However, they do show you how the move is in real time, and you can take it from their how the intensity and form should look and feel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ercheksargo/videos

As for the Western meditation view… while I can agree with what you say, I also feel that Western hubris has not really allowed for that knowledge to accessible in the West. For example, the Dakini experiences within Yogi are definitely “physical” interactions, in a sense that they can be full-blown sexual encounters. However, they only have that depth because Yogis can go in-and-out of deep states naturally. However, that history or them is thousands of years old, while the current Western magickal practices are fairly infant. Now, there are Western magical practices with equal time on Earth, however those old Runic magicks are not at the forefront of Western magickal development, which often borrows from a hodge-podge of practices that include yogic ones. But we often throw out “unnecessary” stuff not knowing why it is even there. Most often, it’s honestly because the practice is too hard or too involved for the modern Westerner. Most Yogic shamans were and are quite influenced by greed and lusts that would make us look like Catholic cherubs. They just learn how to control it hahaha. But I would say that the Western practitioner definitely desires the same proficiency of skill that the Yogi has, even if certain aims are not the same.

Hi guys, this is a great topic and a lot of good info so I’ve split it into its own thread to 1. keep the other thread focused on the course and 2. make sure people can see this info, if they have the old “forum sticky blindness” and also so it’s got a higher profile for people to find.

Yuri, you’re some mage there mate - you got an extra mod just like you wanted! Any chance you could wish that mod a nice big lottery win tomorrow…? :wink:

Seriously, great info, I need to look into this a bit more, I experimented with those “life-prolonging” exercises that were in another thread and I knew a guy who was almost fanatical about Castenada’s passes who had mad skills at soul travel, so I’ll definitely give that another look.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:6, topic:3977”]Hi guys, this is a great topic and a lot of good info so I’ve split it into its own thread to 1. keep the other thread focused on the course and 2. make sure people can see this info, if they have the old “forum sticky blindness” and also so it’s got a higher profile for people to find.

Yuri, you’re some mage there mate - you got an extra mod just like you wanted! Any chance you could wish that mod a nice big lottery win tomorrow…? :wink:

Seriously, great info, I need to look into this a bit more, I experimented with those “life-prolonging” exercises that were in another thread and I knew a guy who was almost fanatical about Castenada’s passes who had mad skills at soul travel, so I’ll definitely give that another look.[/quote]

It’s funny that you mention fanaticism; I almost feel like those passes lend themselves to fanaticism LOL. Like I mentioned earlier, I was pretty set on doing what I could to not only shirk doing physical exercise for energy, but I was bent on building my body to ridiculous levels with just magick alone. So when I would try out a physical practice, there was always some sense of dread before and after the practice.

However, when I started doing the Magical Passes, I found the strange feeling of wanting to continue doing them. I mentioned to a friend that I woke up the next morning after doing Magical Passes, and the first thing I did upon rising were the Magical Passes. Now, it is extremely rare that I do anything in the morning before drinking water, let alone exercise. However, I just woke up and did all the Passes I could remember, despite thinking, “I’m gonna get some water first.”

The fact that a morning ritual like my water drinking was naturally replaced by Magical Passes was quite funny and shocking to me. Moreover, the impetus to start them was also shocking; rather than being spurned by something like, “It’s time to do Magical Passes”, it was generated from something closer to, “I just did some Magical Passes last night, let’s do it again!” The former comes from a place of obligation, while the latter comes from a place of desire and discovery.

Just wanted to comment on that, because I can completely understand why someone would become a fanatic doing them. I also can say that it helps generate the motivation and excitement one needs to do other things; I was always excited to do Yantra Yoga, but now I’m actually doing it rather than thinking about doing it. Moreover, how I am going to fit it into my day came about quite a bit easier and devoid of 80% of the thought power I usually gotta generate using it.

I am going to stop being too vocal about the benefits of the Magical Passes, since it does encourage being somewhat silent about it hahaha. I am a novice with it, so I guess it is OK for now.

I typed a part in that post where I suggested you as a mod because you were always on (so it seems) and are a great supporter of the ideas of BALG. Then I removed it because I felt it was a little too bitchy and a little too responsive to this negative poo and wasn’t in line with Soul travel at all. Now tis and another manifestation have my brain exploding, damn, I need time to think about this one :slight_smile: Anyway, nice split, I concur! I’ll reply in the morning^^

Haven’t been able to commit to this yet but will definitely grab a copy of the passes and keep you guys posted.

Yea, definitely cop the book. However, you might wanna hold off on buying any DVDs, as I have found that it was on youtube hahaha

Just the way I like it, effortless. Thanks for the intel :slight_smile:

They got that shit in like 3 different languages, too. I definitely seen one of them in Spanish hahaha.

Hey All,
In regards to the original question just martial arts and yoga, and exercising. When I have the time to I like to train to the point to exhaustion before I do spell working. It goes along with the whole “death posture” state when i get in to specific spell work. Running the treadmill while visualizing sigils or the adverse tree of life is pretty damn cool.
I’ve found that when physically training and “detaching” myself mentally from the physical action has helped with my meditations and spell work. That same detached state of mind or trance like more so has been applied to my martial arts when I spar and I tend to flow alot better. Yoga is more of a bridge of magick and a different type of exercise because of how I do it and it’s pretty damn strenuous.
Keeping a decent exercise regiment (physical exercise one day yoga the next) has kept me healthy. Keep a decent diet but I’m not a health nut I drink and smoke I just try to keep it balanced out and even then that doesn’t happen all the time. I haven’t been sick in years and I kind of attribute the balance between training physically and in magick to that.

Best
Keez

Sorry I ran off in a tangent in the prior post and lost the root of the question. In regards of soul travel I found that it makes it easier for me to detach myself from myself . Complete relaxation so that it can take place. The realization of when I’m actually dreaming so I can AP from there (still a work in progress but some success regardless) I have a greater awareness of my energetic make up and how emotions affect my energy centers balance them out (grounding breath control energy channeling etc). So sorry about that usually I read and reread what I write down so I can make sure it’s at least some kind of relevancy to the topic lol.

Best
Keez