Personal experiences with angels

I have been looking into the Goetia’s relationship with the Shem HaMephorash. I know many people here practice demonolatry and I’d like to hear as many opinions as I can on the subject. Positive or negative, as long as you are honest, your experiences and opinions will be highly valued. Especially when it relates to the Art.

1 Like

I think of the Shem angels and Goetic demons as two sides of the same coin.

In my experience working with them together (along with the “angelic emissaries” or “attending angels”), the angels seem to enhance the magick by setting up the broader situations that allow the demons to make the most of their power.

4 Likes

Two sides of the same coin, reminds me of the Talmud’s angel Laylah who is seen as an opposite of Lilith. I didn’t think about how the effects of the angels could help aide the actions of the working demon. Do you know any good resources on angelic emissaries? I am having trouble finding reliable resources online.

The Archangel Michael always defends me and blesses me, I’ve worked with Shem angels and received enlightening visions and protection

1 Like

If I recall correctly, the names are found in Shorshei ha-Shemot, an ancient Hebrew text, though I could be mistaking it for another (I can’t read ancient Hebrew). I really doubt that you’ll be able to find reliable sources outside of published occult works (wikipedia is almost always inaccurate with these subjects). Books by modern authors include Demons of Magick by Gordon Winterfield and The Magick of Angels and Demons by Henry Archer, who presumably work with groups that include people who can read Hebrew and other ancient languages. My guess would be scholars or other academic-types.

1 Like

Those books come from the Gallery of Magick, I am familiar with them but it’s frustrating that they don’t give details as to where their methods came from. I’ll definitely look into the Shorshei ha-Shemot as much as I can. Thank you!

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking, Is he reddish in color? What is your Faith? Also, have you met the Seven/Eight Archangels? Pardon me for being a little nosey. I admire people’s relationships with whomever they accompany, both of those from either night or day, the Heavens or the Abyss.

But…they do. At the back of every book the authors list some of their primary source material for their seals and words of power, and their methods are derived from traditional Kabbalisitc magick, plus consultation with the angels themselves, according to Damon Brand.

In Henry Archer book he explained that his method has similarities to Dr Thomas Rudd method if I don’t mistake

2 Likes

The Gallery and the authors at The Power of Magick Publishing mention somewhat in passing that their methods were developed over decades from their own research and experiments and from the material in “private collections” in their possessions.

I haven’t spent as many years in the occult as some, but it is now very clear to me that there is a huge difference between the methods that are widely known to the “occult public” and what has been kept secret by these and other groups. This isn’t a conspiracy, it’s an observation of the quality of these works compared to what you typically find online or in most occult organizations.

2 Likes

The kindle addition of Demons of Magick doesn’t. It only has an appendix in the back. But I just got The Magick of Angels and Demons and that one has a whole page dedicated to the sources used.

1 Like