Permanent personality change

When working with demons like Haagenti to change an aspect or several aspects of your personality or even implement a new personality trait, is the change permanent? How long does it last? Also if you have worked with a demon or Angel ch change your personality feel free to share how that experience went.

4 Likes

It can fade. The trick is to maintain it until it’s basically on autopilot for you.

3 Likes

Have you ever tried it?

1 Like

To an extent I mostly noticed that I take on traits of deities I work with but I don’t really maintain it afterward

Nothing mental is permanent. Alchemical shifts are usually more persistent than transient moods of phases

6 Likes

I think there’s a section of Liber Null by Peter Carroll that goes in depth on personality change as a tool for evolution.

PEACE

2 Likes

I think this sort of magick works best when you view it as an ongoing process. The first ritual you perform will start moving things in the direction you want them to go, and could possibly be all you need.

It’s like getting into a new exercise routine. If you already exercise, adding a bit more or making a slight change is probably pretty easy. Going from 0 to 100 can be more difficult. Maybe some people are built that way, but for me I usually ease my way into things, not procrastinating or putting it off due to fear, but not feeling the need to go full blast right away or else.

I think all magick has an effect on your personality, but this sort of internal transformation magick can often be the quickest and most effective because you are the only thing potentially standing in the way. Do some money magick and you probably have to do some mundane work to let it flow in for you. Internal states tend to be more rapidly malleable with magick.

Having said that, though, if you do magick to cultivate a certain personality trait or a habit or ability and then do your damndest to resist that change, you’ll be blocking your own magick. There’s no need to beat yourself up, but let the changes happen. If you have some difficulty, do another ritual. It’s really not a big deal.

I am a completely different person than who I was before magick. It’s part of the reason I get so jazzed up about magick. I think it’s best to trust your rituals and see for yourself that they make things happen, but to also recognize that magick works best when done regularly over time. It’s like exercise. Do some pushups for a day and you’ll get a little stronger. Make pushups a normal part of your routine and you’ll get even stronger and stay stronger.

3 Likes