Performing ritual in living room

My living room is next to the main roadway where lots of cars drive so I can hear them, will this have an impact on my rituals? I just did all of my rituals in my living room where you can hear cars driving the main road, and some people who walk and talk next to my house

2 Likes

I feel it would only impact your rituals in terms of how well you can focus and tune out the noise :woman_shrugging:t5:

5 Likes

What about youtube vids running with 777 Hz and stuff like that? It also helps to center deeply in rituals. It will surely make you concentrate on the ritual and less on extern influences. :sunflower:

1 Like

@QueenMustang hit it.

I live under a flight path, where they’re coming in to land in a few miles, so I feel ya. Some headphones\earbuds may help lessen the distraction for you.

3 Likes

I live on a busy street and directly across the street from a convent that runs a day care center (lots of kids playing outside). I either get up early while traffic is light or I use a white noise machine.

1 Like

Depends on how much it distracts you.

Before the pandemic, I used to put myself in “training” by meditating in a busy coffee shop without headphones and eventually built up to energy and sigil work, with a decent success rate. Now I am working on the 52 letter name of god work while in loud environments, away from my quiet temple area.

So, if it is proving distracting in ritual and you want to reach a point where it does not distract you without the aid of music (not that it is a bad tool to use, i just don’t like to limit myself), you will need to learn to “sit with” the conditions to the point where they no long matter. You can start with meditation to train yourself to both be aware of it and ignore it.

6 Likes

I live across the street from a hospital, I use music as a background to help with the noise. Then again, I’m a little bit “unorthodox” in my rituals, as I use battery operated candles.

I think you’ll be fine, as long as you can concentrate.

3 Likes

Yep! I second this! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s so totally awesome!

2 Likes

Yeah, an approach may indeed be to ride either distracting noises, or fear, or the effects of coffee… managing to empower spells and rituals… This reminded me of when I thought an old bedroom of mine wasn’t absolutely suitable to magick and evocations (even though the case was different) because there were bags full of clothes and other fabric, besides of course bed, wardrobe etc. With the evolution of magick, luckily the need of a ceremonial setting decreased a bit.

1 Like

I agree with everyone else. I’m less than two blocks from the train tracks, and I never even notice the trains coming through-at least not when I am awake. I stayed with someone in highschool for a while that lived even closer, so when I’m awake I tune it out completely.

Sleep is a different story though, it took me from July till a few weeks ago to realize while my weird dreams often involve me riding on top of train cars, or hanging on to their sides lol.

I’m also a mom though so, I hit mom mode pretty easy and can tune out just about anything, unless I have migraine.

2 Likes

It is! I love using battery operated candles, as I can leave them to “burn out” and not worry about them tipping over with the potential of starting my house on fire.

I can set my intention with the candle, and allow it to die out. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Formating tip: If you take out the > at the first of the message it won’t make that funny little box where we can’t read what you write very easy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks I was totally confused- not sure how that happenned:) It’s late!

1 Like

I’m nocturnal and do all of my rituals late at night (12-2 am). Is your road quieter then or still noisy? Mine quiets down some. Takes some creative planning sometimes but it works.

1 Like

I like to use them for sideways eyes. >.> in texting but it doesn’t work here. At least not if you start the sentence with it. Took me forever to figure out wtf was going wrong in my posts lmao.

2 Likes

Lmao… I am genuinelly laughing :laughing: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Silent places are always the best option. It is hard for me to concentrate when I am doing magic when there is noise.

Some don’t have a choice. And it’s best to learn how to be able to evoke the God/Goddess you are working with in crowded, nosisey spaces as well. Sometimes you need to evoke quickly or be able to ground yourself in places occupied.

You don’t always need to do huge rituals.

1 Like

I perform evocation in this forest next to a high way. It’s noisy but once your in the rapture you just sink into yourself and don’t notice it.

3 Likes