Perceiving spirits

p

1 Like

[quote author=RedIce link=topic=65.msg390#msg390 date=1339796035]

Its been my experience that whatever ā€œperceptory senseā€ is strongest in your ordinary waking state is your dominant sense in a trance as well. Let us hear back from you how your first evocation goes ā€¦

IĀ“ve attemped my first evocation about a year ago - unsuccesful of course (no trance, harsh acting, bad looking tools, overall bad feelingā€¦and got quite drained so bad banishing too :smiley: ) but all newbie errors - IĀ“m training on soul travel and than plan to work on third eye because I fear that I wouldnĀ“t be able to see anythingā€¦maybe try on clairvoyance potion (i can write the script here or in PM if youĀ“re interested) from one czech bookā€¦what method of achieving trance do you prefer the most ? I combine Silva method with 4-4-4-4 breathing but still only alpha waves, no theta-gamma :confused: thanks for any advices

Yes, Iā€™m very much interested of learing about the clairvoyance potion. Iā€™m familiar with the Silva Method, even attended a seminar about 2 years ago. The foundation of my meditative practice is TM /transcendental meditation. You get a mantra and repeat it mentally. It automatically takes you into a meditative state. Thatā€™s my favourite one because thatā€™s what I started with years ago, without being involved in magick. Maybe, if I had started with the intent of using the trance for a magickal purpose, I would have learned other ways to induce it first. But as it works, I stick to it. Here are some links if youā€™re interested:http://www.caic.org.au/eastern/sydda/free-tm.htm Another way to induce the gnostic trance state needed for magick is sound. You listen and your brain automatically will resonate with the beats. Ideally that would be 4.5 hz. When you manage to stay in this state for some time the gnostic trance state or (gamma/theta-sync as EA calls it) occurs. For this method Iā€™d recommend Hemi-Sync Focus 10 or binaural beats.
1:- YouTube
2:- YouTube

Thanks for the links ! IĀ“ve tried the beats several times, but I think it just distracts me and make me nervousā€¦
As for the potion:
Diascordium Frascator by Frater Daniel (some ingredients are weird and not correct but I just retype it as is in the book)
scordium - 15 parts
dryed red rose flower - 15 parts
Polygoni multiflori radix - 15 p
cinnamon powder - 15p
dictamus off - 15p
storax - 15p
radix gentianae - 15p
Turmentilla - 15p
Berberis vulgaris seed - 15p
cassea liqua - 15p
ginger - 8p
peppers (long) - 8p
galbanum - 15p
gummi arabicum - 15p
ocher clay - 60p (are we supposed to eat clay ? :smiley: )
extractum opii - 8p
extractum arabicum cannabis - 10p
rose honey - 1000p
madeira wine - 250p

Throw both extracts into wine, add warm honey, keep mixing it and slowly add other powdered drugs until you get a homogenous paste, then exorcise it and consecrate in the hour of Saturn. Consume 1 tea spoon before magickal operation.

1 Like

HavenĀ“t tried it yet, some ingredients are hard to get and costly all together, but I really wonder how IĀ“ll digest the modelling clay.

I wouldnā€™t worry about it, my daughter eats playdoh all the time, comes out the other end just fine. LOL

I see auras as well and seeing the spirits I call took very little practice for me. It still took practice, just less than some of my friends had to do. But maybe that was a personal thing? The best thing I can say is to try, and see what happens.

Hey Guys 'n Gals -

Been enjoying your ideas; a coupla thoughts ā€¦

The goal is to find what WORKS for you, specifically, and Iā€™m not a fan of spending more than a few attempts with any method if Iā€™m not experiencing at least some small progress. Having said that -

ALL the methods widely used & accepted seem to have in common the acheivement of shutting up the chatter and the questions the brain keeps bugging you with. Focusing on My breathing intently really does work for me most of the time. And transcendental/mantra meditation being the cousin of that, forces your brain to pay enough attention to the sound & the feeling of the sound that its not running all over the place.

As for herbal assistance, my preferences would include mugwort tea spiked w/ kava kava; calamus root (chewed) and, of course, cannabis. I would caution here not to allow yourself to NEED these helpers. They are not always practical -some times, some places, some circumstances would by default prohibit you using them.

1 Like

Thanks DakrVnet! I guess Iā€™ll have to practice getting in contact with spirits thenā€¦

Im somewhat wary of evocation at this point guysā€¦The consensus on these boards and from Eric himself seems to be just get on and do it. And in BALG Eric doesnt even advise banishing rituals or protective wards or anything, but at the same time has said in interviewsā€¦Yes evocation is opening a door and can be dangerous to the dabblerā€¦Wellā€¦thats me, the foolā€¦the dabblerā€¦So I dont know thinking maybe work on my clairvoyance a bit yet!

Neophyte, Iā€™m scratching my head wondering why you cannot see the level of your own knowledge & skills!!

As for Ericā€™s comment about dabblers, I interpret that as kids playing around with such rituals without any framework for understanding what theyā€™re doing ā€¦ and not the strength of Intent to direct what theyā€™re invoking ā€¦

I THINK youā€™re just at that place of ā€˜fearing the first timeā€™. But underneath that fear is a Desire that wonā€™t let you go. My suggestion would be stop being so ā€˜seriousā€™ about it & fretting over the ā€˜what ifsā€™ and just do it!

Not all daemons are fierce & intense, just like all humans are not fierce & intense - or all gods 'n goddessesā€¦

Just pick One that resonates with you and let your intention be simply this, ā€œI want to meet you and perhaps ask a question or two.ā€

Neophyte Iā€™m in the same boat. Zoe makes a lot of good points though. Weā€™re never gonna know till we try. I think not having a name or direction with this to call or follow kinda gives a mental block on top of the fear. Would we still be able to see the spirit without having clairvoyance? Then I wonder if the desire is all that weā€™d need. From people I know they said the more specific your thiniking and speaking leaves less room for things to go wrong. Write stuff out. Think about why your doing what your doing. Nothing else. That was the advice a friend gave me. Thereā€™s just so many techniques. But theyā€™re not yours. So yeah, guess weā€™re just gonna have to do it. I wish you the best of luck. At least we have a place to ask and get advice on the subject. Iā€™m sick of spending money on books that teach me nothing of value at the time. The lesser Keys of Solomon will help with your protection and learning about these things. My grandfather was a free mason and I found all his old books a few years ago. Thatā€™s when I started understanding things in a western mind so to speak. Check them out though. Its the history of our species and you can see where mistakes have been made. I dont believe you have to go detail by detail. But please keep a journal and if you get some seals make sure you charge them and cleanse them often. They are real and work. One saved my life in the most right in your face unexplaining way. There was no excuse or explanation that I walked away from what I did. There was also 8 witnesses who are now true believers.

I also think that Ericā€™s warning to dabblers was warning away those who arenā€™t serious practioners, which both Neophyte and Nordichammer obviously are. The fact with evocation is that if you preform a ritual, it works. Period.
Most of those who think their evocations were failures simply didnā€™t have the ability to perceive what was happening around them spiritually. Without this ability they assumed that they had failed, and ended up with an entity floating that had been given no task, and so set to screwing with shit. If you have the ability to sense energy, you will know that there is an entity in the room with you, and you will task it to do something for you, and (if youā€™re at least halfway intelligent) you will be respectful and firm, setting a time frame, and releasing them when their work is done. With these common sense steps, evocation is nothing to fear, and is possibly the greatest way for a magician to grow. I have learned things in evocation that no living teacher has ever been able to teach me.

[quote=ā€œDakrVnet, post:14, topic:75ā€]I also think that Ericā€™s warning to dabblers was warning away those who arenā€™t serious practioners, which both Neophyte and Nordichammer obviously are. The fact with evocation is that if you preform a ritual, it works. Period.
Most of those who think their evocations were failures simply didnā€™t have the ability to perceive what was happening around them spiritually. Without this ability they assumed that they had failed, and ended up with an entity floating that had been given no task, and so set to screwing with shit. If you have the ability to sense energy, you will know that there is an entity in the room with you, and you will task it to do something for you, and (if youā€™re at least halfway intelligent) you will be respectful and firm, setting a time frame, and releasing them when their work is done. With these common sense steps, evocation is nothing to fear, and is possibly the greatest way for a magician to grow. I have learned things in evocation that no living teacher has ever been able to teach me.[/quote]

And THIS, Folks, is about as straightforward, de-mystified as youā€™re gonna get. :wink: Z

Okay guys I attempted the first evocation today! I Had the Sigil for Dantalion as I felt an affinity for that Demon, and having already drawn and charged the sigil the previous evening I got the Copal burning and started with a cleansing. Then I got onto the incantation and attempt to reach gnosis to confirm the link while using teh sigil.

I have to say I didnt really get the proper mental state of theta functioning going and it didnt produce any observable - internally or externally - results.
Well that is other than afterwards I felt exhausted and had a headache!

@Nordichammerā€¦Thanks for the encouragement and as you and others have said I think its a case of ā€˜just do itā€™. I have decided that circles of protection are not so much of an issue and run a risk of insulting the intelligences being contacted anyway.
@RedIce I cant see auras either and during the evocation there was a lot of smoke going with sunlight streaming in on it which would I think have made materialisation easier if Iā€™d had a stronger link.

You should have done the invocation of omnipotence and been in a darkened roomā€¦ I think you pretty much skipped the five steps.

Seeing auras isnā€™t really hard. Iā€™s about looking at a person or object, letting your vision blur and relaxing. The gaze you need to see them is very similar to the one needed to see the 3d pictures here:http://www.magiceye.com/faq_example.htm

necromaster, Iā€™m not sure which ā€˜five stepsā€™ your referring to I followed the steps outlined by Eric in BALG pages 13-15 although I didnt do this after dark as you point out for which there was a good reason. If you want to highlight the five steps you think are essential I would be pleased to read them.

You should read evoking eternity