Pathworking the Trees of the Dayside and Nightside

Greetings All,

Has anyone pathworked both the Tree of Life and the Tree of Death? Can one advance in both at the same time? Or is this a bad idea? I think I know the answers but I need confirmation. Any advice on pathworking either is much appreciated as well.

3 Likes

I’m not too sure about the Light side since I haven’t worked with the Sephiroth yet but I have worked with the Qliphoth, (dark side of the tree). You can work with both sides though and should be open to whatever comes to you, especially; with the dark side as you will undergo some serious change upon the path and face sides of yourself that you might find to be frightening, (not trying to discourage you). Just be open minded, work well together with the spirits and the path will reveal itself. If you want more information on it. I’d recommend Asanath Mason’s Qliphothic Meditations and Invocations and Evocations since they’re both actual pathworkings with the dark side.

6 Likes

I’ve been studying Kabbalah on and off for years. Up until 2 years ago I was practicing Orthodox Judaism. I recently started contemplating this very subject. I’ve never pathworked either side. I’m not scared of either but I will say this is my initial impression, that both sides can be like a refining fire. They have different paradigms and goals but can have severities none the less. I was considering entering sefirah Malkhuth (Sandalphon) by day and by night enter the realm of Lilith (Naamah). This was just a thought. Honestly seems like it would be too intense.

4 Likes

It very well could be but then again it could possibly be very beneficial. I would probably consider working with one side of the tree first and then work with the other side. One other thing you should know though just in case if you don’t is that there are no limits when it comes to the Kabbalah. Meaning that if you complete one full pathworking with either side of the tree, especially; the Qliphoth and you revisit it again. There will be new things to learn. By the way; if you don’t mind me asking. How do you plan to work with the light side? I’m curious because I don’t know of any books out there on the light side and as I said. I’m interest in it as it seems to be my destiny hinted by Lilith and I have a friend who seems to have been pointed in the same direction by her as well to work with both sides of the tree.

4 Likes

Forgot to mention I do have Asenath’s books Draconian Ritual and Tree of Qliphoth. I’ll have to work on getting the Meditations one. I have a free chapter of it on the first realm of the Nightside. Seems pretty useful. Just a clarification, when I wrote about severity it’s more in a rabbinical context within Judaism. The far left column of the Dayside, the one in line with Geburah, has a level of sternness or intensity that is balanced by the far right column. Basically a type of polarity. But yes, I agree, their severities are beneficial. In my mind, that’s why some people get burned by the Nightside. It’s severity, I believe, wouldn’t be so severe or shocking because you already traveled the Dayside and hopefully burnt off some of the chaff there. Although I don’t believe in the Bible anymore there are sayings in there that make sense in this matter. Like this one: “Truly I tell you, anyone who doesn’t enter the sheep pen by the gate but climbs in some other way is a thief and a robber.” Meaning, although there are many ways of doing things, one way may be the optimal approach. Or this one, "Ephraim is a cake unturned.” Meaning because of certain choices one could be immature but operating in a place where maturity is needed. Of course, this may not totally apply considering each individual has to know what they can handle. But if it rings true, then it can be used as guide. At least in some Jewish thought there is certain ways to approach the Tree of Life. So starting at Kether would not be a good idea. The way I’ve seen the Etz Chaim in Judaism pathworked is through the 32 pathways (10 sephiroth, 22 Hebrew letters). This is the way I’m pathworking this. The realm you enter is the one we’re already under; which is Malkhuth. To work these paths I’m studying and rereading (in some instances) the Bahir, Sefer Yetzirah, Essential Kabbalah by Matte, Meditation and Kabbalah by Kaplan, and for more of a Hermetic perspective Mystical Qabbalah by Fortune, and Self-Initiation books for the Golden Dawn (Ciceros) and A:.A:. (Eshelman). And I’d also agree with you that the Dayside and Nightside can be pathworked over and over again. In fact, my initial thoughts would be that it’s most beneficial if you revisited the path over and again or take your time in each realm spending weeks, months, or years in each.

3 Likes

Just watched this video. It’s amazing that he has some of the same conclusions. Check out specifically from 9 minutes on concerning the working of both sides. Didn’t expect that to be in this video!

[- YouTube]

4 Likes