Parenting as a black magician

Seeing as how I’ve had to move my mother in with me to help me raise my children, the topic of religion gets brought up quite often. My mother is a Christian, but she has some interesting views on her faith.

There’s no secret as to what I am, and, I can happily report that, although my mother is trying to indoctrinate my son into the Christian death cult, my son keeps shooting all of it down with logic and science, which, for me, is the funniest shit I’ve ever seen.

My oldest daughter, however, has a keen interest in the occult, and she is still young. Barely into her teens.

Out of curiosity as a father, and as a parent, what do you other Black magicians do in order to try and steer your children away from the light, and show them how to create their own light?

14 Likes

Best thing as a parent is to guide them and best thing to do is to let them choose on their own if they choose the path we walk you teach them things as we are teachers

I taught my baby how to banish since she is afraid of something i can’t see myself she is three however she is going towards ‘god’ i do not try to keep her away from what she wants to believe in she it three she will learn the truth on her own wen she is older i think that is the best way…to not impose something on our kids if they aren’t ready yet…or not willing since it will bite us in the end if this makes senseteach what you can to yours I sense a strong will coming from your son like fire and a sweet calmness from your daughter both are destined to be great in magic if they chose the occult

Hope this helps you

2 Likes

You kind of have that backwards, but thanks for the advice.

My son is ever so gentle, and my daughter is a total firecracker.

3 Likes

To me it’s all about personal freedom. If they would choose the light, I would mind and would definitely talk with them about it but I’m not going to force my views on them. All I want is that they feel they have freedom to choose to be whatever they want. My boys are exactly me and my daughter is my girly girl flowerchild, my little hippie and very strong willed. She’s 4 and wanted to be a vegetarian and I can see her become a Buddhist later in life. She didn’t get that from me. It’s not something I would choose but I support her because I teach personal freedom, responsibility and that their opinion matters. That’s what being on the lhp ultimately is about. If I would dismiss her views and force mine on her, it would be very rhp of me. I do involve them in little things as cleansing the house, making sachets for under their pillow, light incense on the altar etc and talk about why we do certain things. They’re too young to really involve any further but I will in the future if they are interested.

4 Likes

I have always thought that my job as a parent was to create a safe environment for my kids to explore all of the options and potential and then when they have enough information they choose their own path.

My parents forced, really literally forced their awful religion on me. I rebelled because I was disgusted with how they were acting and their religion. Here is the thing, I was never going to be a part of that, it wasn’t like by being cool and accepting they were going to change my mind, but by being dogmatic assholes they made us all miserable, for an outcome that was inevitable.

People are gonna do what they want in the end. That includes our kids.

2 Likes

Also I just wanted to add I don’t know that I would consider myself a black magician, I tend to shun labels and I think of my interests as being eclectic. I am just offering my perspective as a parent in general, so you understand where I am coming from.

Ultimately, with my children, I try to teach them to not only learn about what they are getting into but to find their own light in this world, whatever that may be. Religion/spirituality does become a topic of discussion, as neither myself or my wife hide our beliefs and interests (hell, both the girls have sat down and watched some of EA’s stuff on Belial with me, which spring boarded many conversations). They also know that I studied religion closely while I was in school, so I am often asked questions relating to anything they come across (the hardest one so far being asked why do people feel the need to judge). My oldest definitely has an interest while my youngest denies it, but is often found around the corner of the room listening to whatever I am learning. She also is the first to ask me to make sure i ask my guests to leave before I go into an evocation ritual lol.

Ultimately, I ensure them that whatever they choose to be religious or spiritual wise, I will do the complete opposite of my own parents by loving them regardless (hell, I don’t force them to call me dad, so trying to force them to work with the same spirits I do is a ridiculous thought to me). They would probably just appericate their friends not coming to me with so many questions about the same subjects as I am rarely home these days lol

3 Likes

teach them the spectrum.

That it’s not just simply white and black,
that there is color in between.

At the beginning,
they’ll grasp it based on their sensory expierience.

Later,
they’ll grow into capability,
by adopting a creative craft.

Once they choose - and don’t force the choice,
they’ll likely refuse it if it doesn’t come from within them;

They then will start to develope a personal,
individual form of how to express themselves.

That’s,
in a short summary,
how to teach them into self-actualization.

You can share meditations and such with them,
but always based on their own spark of interest.

When they stop listening,
stop talking,
and only continue when they ask again.

That way,
you’re not forcing them,
and they’ll more likely,
develope fully,
by themselves.

Also,
along with that,
teach them self-care.

A simple sentance,
which indicates your love for them,
to be limited by the amount of time you can be around them,
usually works best.

By expressing to them,
that they do you a favor,
when caring for themselves,
because you can’t always be there and do that,
you’re installing a sense of self-love in them,
which usually isn’t found very much in todays culture.

And,
even when you know you could be there in spirit form at any given time,
it helps to assume that mindset,
because we all get busy,
and sometimes feel blind-folded.

lastly,
have understanding,
and show compassion,
when they’re trying to cope with the heavy indoctrination,
we all face,
from normal society.

It’s tough for many of us magicians.

It’s even tougher for a child to handle.

Those moments,
of you caring,
and showing the correct aditude,
will be remembered,
long after they’ve moved out.

Sincerely,

¥’Berioth

4 Likes

I’ve always been of the mind that my son is his own person, if he decides to be an extremely orthodox Jesus friend, well cool buddy.
As long as he’s happy,healthy and safe he can believe whatever he wants. It’s his world.

5 Likes

I let them make their own minds up.
Both my boys are atheists.

So in my experience, it’s best to just let them know that you are there to answer any questions they have about it, make resources available to them so that they can quench their own curiosity and be supportive of what ever choice they make. And shut it down if someone else starts forcing their religious views on them.

3 Likes

Tbh don’t force your kids. You don’t want a crazy christian forcing you to believe what they believe so you can suggest some of your faith to your kids but if they want to believe in something else, let them have their freedom, not like these hypocritical religious people, some who even kill and force ppl for not listening.

2 Likes

You don’t want a religious person or Christian to force you to their faith so you shouldn’t force your kids either. Let your kids try to dabble in your beliefs, but they have the freedom you have as well.

1 Like

Hey, everyone, thanks for everything.

I’ll teach them what they want to be taught, but I’m not going to force anything on them.

2 Likes

With all of my kids, I first taught them about the elements, then plant and animal energies, then their own personal power. I stayed away from “lhp” or “rhp” and stuck to the fundamentals until they asked questions, then I answered them, making sure to explain different opinions and perspectives, including my own. Keeping it neutral so they could grow through their own experiences.

3 Likes

Lol sorry and no problem I know how you feel I have a three year old who is very subceptible of things like this
I really hope this helps you and I’m very excited to hear uodates

I’ll be working with my daughter soon regarding working with the goddesses. Although I don’t follow the ideas of Wicca anymore, I feel it’s a good start off for my daughter.

Wicca was just a springboard for me. I think it would be great to have a generational goddess in the family. I’m just simply thinking aloud right now, but having the Goddess Diana as a part of my family seems very favorable.

3 Likes

My daughter is only 1. I have t gotten much input on her part but when she was a newborn we did a saining ritual (which she loved) and i have invited her to many rituals since then. Mainly because she was always interested. I follow the LHP while my wife follows the right and leans toward neutrality. We are very open about everything and i honestly cant wait to explain more thi gs to her. The info on the above posts are essentially my plans on her upringing in this area. Don’t force anything and give her the knowledge and ability to make her own decisions. Thank you for posting this as well!

1 Like

He was 3 I think when he told me he saw spirits. At the time I was like oh shit I don’t want this for my kid. Now he is kinda eh. He knows about witchcraft etc. I don’t hide anything from him, it’s all up to him on what he wants to do an what path he wants to take. I am always here and will to him and help him. In the end it’s his choice of what he does.