Paperbacks

Satan has always been an icon and patron of the arts. This is well known. For a researched read I recommend Flowers From Hell: A Satanic Reader and The Satanic Screen: An Illustrated Guide to the Devil in Cinema. Both are by Nikolas Schreck. I also highly recommend both his and his wife Zeena’s magnum opus, Demons of the Flesh. All three are worth purchasing in paperback form. And make sure you keep a ruler and some marker and underlining pens handy.

Anton LaVey was seemingly very impressed by The King in Yellow by Robert W. Chambers. It’s available in paperback. I read it. Can’t say I was impressed. I think that the Church of Satan recommends A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole. I’ve read it. It’s a beautifully written, very perverted narrative!

Finally, The F Word, edited by Jesse Sheidlower is a scholarly and ground-breaking little book that’s sure to delight, so don’t hesitate.

Al.

1 Like

Ah dude. The King in Yellow is pretty good. At least in my opinion.

Frater Magni,

Alright. I’ll bite. What did you think it was about? And why would LaVey put such emphasis on it? Sure, it’s a read, but…

Al.

I think it’s about the King in Yellow. If you like Lovecraft you’ll like this book.