Pain in a Dream

Has anyone ever felt physical pain in a dream? I had a dream I was being attacked by a swarm of bees and I could actually feel the stings. It was a first for me. Anyone else ever felt physical sensations in a dream?

Oh yeah I was shoot in the hand when I was dreaming it fucking hurt, woke me up! I remember when bi first stated luciddreaming, I was in a car in my dream I felt it was a dream but the structure was solid like are awake state. I did the knocking test it was solid.

Fuck yeah.I was dreaming that i was in my bedroom summoning the archangel of saturn.When he appeared before me,i felt unimagible pressure in my head.It was so intense that i knew i was going to die right there in my dream.Then i did the LBRP (in my dream) and imediately i woke up.I thanked god it was only a dream,but the pain was real.And i think i pissed my pants a little.

And all this just because i took a strong sleeping pill.
Never again for me.

I had a dream in which a swarm of ants was invading my kitchen… they ended up getting on me and biting everywhere ): I felt it very vividly so much so that when I woke up I could still feel them crawling all over me and biting me… I somehow forced myself back into the same dream in order to kill them… I was speaking to a friend of mine about the oddness of such and she told me it sounded more like an astral projection.

When you feel pain in a dream it’s either one of two things.

1. You weren’t just in a dream, you were in another realm, projected out of your body while your conscious mind was asleep.

2. The human mind is equipped with defense mechanisms that can activate randomly when shown images of things that we perceive to be a threat. This is the same part of the brain that is responsible for seeing pictures of a snake and quivering, or seeing pictures of insects and feeling an intense itch overwhelm you. The same can hold true in a dream. You see something that would otherwise be perceived as a threat in reality, your long memory activates your pain receptors and begins to give you sensation of what interacting with that object would actually feel like, thus allowing you to feel unpleasant sensations so you will know that the object is harmful or unpleasant in some way and stay away from it, but the mind is very complicated and can activate these defenses, even when sleeping or just visualizing something.

Everything requires your attention to exist in dream, including pain.

I’ve had my flesh literally hanging in tatters from my bones and felt nothing because I was too focused on fighting or fleeing from whatever was attacking me. Other times, when I was injured without distraction, it hurt like hell!

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:5, topic:7406”]When you feel pain in a dream it’s either one of two things.

1. You weren’t just in a dream, you were in another realm, projected out of your body while your conscious mind was asleep.

2. The human mind is equipped with defense mechanisms that can activate randomly when shown images of things that we perceive to be a threat. This is the same part of the brain that is responsible for seeing pictures of a snake and quivering, or seeing pictures of insects and feeling an intense itch overwhelm you. The same can hold true in a dream. You see something that would otherwise be perceived as a threat in reality, your long memory activates your pain receptors and begins to give you sensation of what interacting with that object would actually feel like, thus allowing you to feel unpleasant sensations so you will know that the object is harmful or unpleasant in some way and stay away from it, but the mind is very complicated and can activate these defenses, even when sleeping or just visualizing something.[/quote]

I am thinking it was number 1 for me. I was able to go out of my body a few times in my teens with practice but I got behind on it and stopped doing it all together. Now I have been doing third eye meditations since last August and it’s starting up again with the projection. But feeling pain was still a first.

This actually happened to me in real life lol. I left out a pizza and left for like 5 mins and when I came back it was black from all the ants on it.

One of the most peculiar dreams I have ever had and that always stuck out to me is one where I was attacked by two asian men I call “the namagigi.” That name just came to me. I was dreaming a usual dream like any other, and these two men dressed as savage warriors came and brought me to a plane where hundreds of different kinds of pains could be inflicted on me at once. It was bizarre, and also what I call an encounter with “dream terrorists” if such a thing exists : )

Just look at video games. You have trolls and griefers in every mmo. Dreams are the ultimate sandbox with the same kind of anonymity provided by the internet.
http://www.dreamviews.com/beyond-dreaming/37621-anyone-else-met-night-stalkers-dream-walkers.html

Yesterday in my sleep,someone-something came and did something to my chest.I remember PAIN and something like invisible hands,pulling out stuff that was bound to me.Something like a surgery.I had the impression that it wanted to throw away the garbage i had,but the process was so painful that i woke up and went to drink some water.

Today i feel just fine but i’m not sure what was that.Nightmare or not,the pain was real and i was yelling stop it,it hurts,i can’t stand it and stuff like that.

oh yea, and physical sensation after waking. Ever seen writing in a dream?