Out Of Body Meditation?

This is something I mentioned in my other thread where I talk about my near death experience as a child.

I honestly don’t know whether I have a REAL recollection of the event or not. I was told about it at a very early age, and people continue to bring it up any time I do something that may or may not result in my death lol.

When it happened, whether it’s a memory or a dream… I don’t remember lying on the table. I remember seeing it happen from a third person point of view.

Now, back in high school I was crazy depressed. Which is what led to me dropping out in the end. I can say I dropped out to take care of my sister, but that was only part of it. The bottom line is that I was just sick of everything. The friends, the teachers, the bullies…

I slept a lot during classes. In the end my teachers didn’t bother waking me, they knew there was no point.

Due to the fact that I was groggy and still sleepy, between classes I would… Actually I can say it was due to anything. I don’t know why it would happen.

But between classes, and sometimes in class… It would feel like I left my body. Like I was hovering over my own shoulder watching everything happen around me from a third person point of view.

And it’s not like I had to be still for it to happen. At times it would happen while I was walking. My body didn’t stop, I could fall back and it would keep going (yes, I experimented a bit…).

Here’s the thing, when ever I came back I felt odd. I had this overwhelming hollow feeling, and I would feel tingly ALL OVER. As if something had stimulated every single nerve ending in my body. I’d be cold, freezing. Even to the touch, I remember handing a friend a pen in class, and he pulled back because my hand was so cold to the touch. Yet… Sometimes when I came back I was broke right out in a sweat, but I’d still be freezing.

I wonder if it’s possible that THIS is tied to my near death experience.

I have no memories of my childhood, other than the strange occurrences that I shared with a few of you on here (Eva and Sev). I don’t remember THIS ever happening as a child. But I also remember nothing from my childhood other than the things that… haunted me for lack of a better word.

Even now this happens. But it’s different. It’s linked to the slowing of my heart rate. I can make it happen when ever I feel like it. And it doesn’t take such a toll on my body any more. The tingly sensation doesn’t occur any more, and neither do the sweats. When I come back I’m still freezing, and I still feel hollow.

Like someone took a shovel dug a huge hole in my chest.

Do you want to develope that more?

If you do, if you’ve got a deck of playing cards, shuffle them, place one image-sode up without looking at it on top of a high piece of furniture, above eye level, then go and sit down or lie down, go out your body and look at the card.

When you re-enter your body, write down what you saw, then go check the real card. This as far as I know is the most accessible test for genuine OOB as opposed to other psychological effects. Don’t cheat, no matter how tempted you are, because you’re only cheating yourself, and even if you can’t do genuine OOB right now you can still learn it, but you need to assess it accurately to begin with.

Do you want to develope that more?

If you do, if you’ve got a deck of playing cards, shuffle them, place one image-sode up without looking at it on top of a high piece of furniture, above eye level, then go and sit down or lie down, go out your body and look at the card.

When you re-enter your body, write down what you saw, then go check the real card. This as far as I know is the most accessible test for genuine OOB as opposed to other psychological effects. Don’t cheat, no matter how tempted you are, because you’re only cheating yourself, and even if you can’t do genuine OOB right now you can still learn it, but you need to assess it accurately to begin with.[/quote]I want to perform a different test. I want to see just what I can do while I’m in that state.

I know I can get some distance from my body, I’ve already covered that much. At least to the end of the hall any way lol.

I want to see if I can travel farther away, I want to see just how far I can go.

I’ve always wondered something else too that I want to test. I want to see if I can travel THROUGH things while leaving my body behind.

Fair enough, but until you do the card test (or something with the same design) you’ll never be certain what you’re seeing is real. I can imagine myself travelling OOB but it’s just memory, you need to definitively test whether what you’re seeing is different.

It comes up a lot on here, the difference between things that are real and meaningful for the individual, compared to things that can affect the outer world. there’s nothing wrong with subjectively significant stuff that only works for you but why not try and be a bit ambitious?

Your choice obviously but if you can travel OOB and observe things you wouldn’t know otherwise, your life could have a lot more options open.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:4, topic:2895”]Fair enough, but until you do the card test (or something with the same design) you’ll never be certain what you’re seeing is real. I can imagine myself travelling OOB but it’s just memory, you need to definitively test whether what you’re seeing is different.

It comes up a lot on here, the difference between things that are real and meaningful for the individual, compared to things that can affect the outer world. there’s nothing wrong with subjectively significant stuff that only works for you but why not try and be a bit ambitious?

Your choice obviously but if you can travel OOB and observe things you wouldn’t know otherwise, your life could have a lot more options open.[/quote]I have a deck of cards, I can do the test. I’ll even go as far as leaving the room. I’ll lay on the couch in the living room, and put the card on top of the fridge in the kitchen.

Any advice on how to slow your heart rate? Other than the obvious techniques like slow deep breaths that I’ve been using all along.

Not my area, it gets a bit medical, sorry. Slow breaths, eat right (if you have special advice from your doctor, follow that) and see how it goes. Don’t mess with doing these if they make you ill though, right?

Not my area, it gets a bit medical, sorry. Slow breaths, eat right (if you have special advice from your doctor, follow that) and see how it goes. Don’t mess with doing these if they make you ill though, right?[/quote]I’ve never had any bad side effects. Just the body temperature dropping and the hollow feeling.

The hollow feeling makes sense I guess… I technically am removing a part of myself temporarily.

Short term wold be: Close your Eyes and Tap on the Eyeballs.
It lowers heart rate and bood presure.
Long term: Go and see a Doc.

Are you serious lol?

Short term wold be: Close your Eyes and Tap on the Eyeballs.
It lowers heart rate and blood presure.
Long term: Go and see a Doc.
[/quote]

Shit, just tried this short term and works surprisingly instantly. Thanks for the tip Vergil.

Are you serious lol?[/quote]
Yes, I am. I use manual Triggers alot…

Are you serious lol?[/quote]
Yes, I am. I use manual Triggers alot…[/quote]I tried this last night just as I got tired, and I passed out almost instantly. That’s crazy.

[quote=“Vergil, post:8, topic:2895”]Short term wold be: Close your Eyes and Tap on the Eyeballs.
It lowers heart rate and bood presure.[/quote]

I’d forgotten that one, thanks a million! :slight_smile: