Otherkin

Sorry but no.
This is an example of insulting the 1%.
This is why they are taken as jokes or creepers.

2 Likes

I have to agree with you, “fictionkin” is the cringy part that ruins the rest of it.

NOOOOOOOOOOO :weary: you destroyed my dreams, bad girl. :rofl:

2 Likes

i regret making this topic

1 Like

You shouldn’t tbh most here are focused on their own paths, and of course not many understand the concept of otherkin due to lack of information and/or due to a handful of cringy fakes throughout the internet. However, that’s their view and most who bag on it just choose to remain ignorant to it or ignore it completely and that’s fine. Not everyone can or want to grasp certain ideas that are out of their scope of focus.

1 Like

I agree with this, very much so. @Caete chillax, this forum has people who do all kinds of weird crap, take a look at one of mine:

Fiction’s just archetypes though. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I had some connection with 3 wolves. They are spirits as far as I have seen, and one of these spirits has told me that he was there to save me when I was born, and got re-born once again with me, the other 2 I might have gathered by performing a spell when I was 14. Since then, research has led me to think I’m a therian/otherkin. But I don’t know if they are inside me and that’s what my inner energy is, or if I’m just connected and surrounded by them. I’m also questioning their existence from time to time, but I heard things that I couldn’t just make up with my mind. Like I wouldn’t even think that a wolf spirit was there to save me from my problematic birth (I wasn’t breathing well at birth, almost strangled myself with the umbilical cord, etc)

So, I don’t know what to think of otherkin but this is my experience.

EDIT: I started by saing “I had”, but reality is I still do. My bad.

1 Like

You shouldnt be.
The biggest problem with Otherkin and Furries are the legit ones dont speak up enough and just allow the fakers to make the stereotypes.

2 Likes

My husband, his dad and my son have a connection with coyotes to the point they had hybrids that only liked them and a coyote trying come home with us. (Edit they are also part Native American if that makes a difference).

1 Like

I have a connection with wolf spirit - I also have 3 in spirit with me. Sometimes particular one/s pop up, like lately, the black wolf. I had a LOT to do with raven and crow spirits and actual wild ravens the last 2 years but now have a puppy and the ravens have fled, sadly. I think your spirit connection can spill over into the physical realm. I do think it is possible the otherkin thing and I know I have a connection with the fae that I can only guess is from childhood but I am not 100% sure. They are still with me, the fae.

as for “fiction-kin” I would argue, if a person can be an avatar of a deity or demon, then surely someone can in fact also be an avatar of an egregore, IE that of fictional characters as egregores

3 Likes

Only reason I don’t believe one can be an egregore or a fictionkin is because to me kin is defined by the soul’s life that left a permanent impression on the soul (not more than one but a single one) and that’s the form their soul stays in despite the lives before or after. So when it comes to fiction and egregores who to me have no soul and are just formations of the imagination given energy it’s improbable for something to reincarnate is when they aren’t real with a soul to begin with and I don’t believe egregores can develop one which of course tends to be an unpopular opinion among people who follow godforms and what not but in my experience scanning someone with a soul and a godform one feels like an empty husk and the other feels like it has a well or depth to it.

3 Likes

Godforms are not the same thing as egregores, but people have many different definitions of what they are.

Egregores can very definitely develop the complexity to have a soul and become self-aware beings with desires, hopes, and emotional reactions. I know some like this, they’re good allies and solid “people” as much as anyone else.

It takes a while, but then so does human development, from being a small fetus reacting just to sensory input, to dreaming in the womb, and then to being the person you are today.

2 Likes

That’s fine I’m not saying you can’t believe it but I don’t. I follow the terminology that a godform is a developed egregore. That the emotions and such are formed from the emotions and thoughts all mixed into it giving it the ability to use what it was given and mimic it to be as human as possible or as “living” as possible. Of course not saying my view is utter fact but that’s how I see it and how I have done to scan their differences.

1 Like

But the godforms you scanned not having a soul doesn’t mean ALL egregores don’t.

It makes sense that their soul could be “remotely housed,” so to speak in the person, who created them.

But an egregore not intended to be someone’s godform and created to exist in its own right can and usually will develop a soul, along with a range of emotions including love, fear, and ambitions.

2 Likes

Also in relation, what about Tulpas/Servitors? In a way, when you make them, you have constructed them a soul as a direct result of making a thought form sentient. They act according to their own free will. Now would it then be possible for a tulpa to in fact, be embodied in living flesh as an avatar as well?

Don’t get me wrong I don’t believe they can develop one but I do believe a creator can fragment their own and give it to their egregore. Of course I don’t think fragment is a good word since it’s not breaking anything but more like giving it a piece of your own and that piece develops into its own person, it’s own soul.

1 Like

Buddy, we have a thread which some guy wanted to castrate himself and offer his severed balls to Cthulu.

You’re fine. :joy:

2 Likes

Why did you have to remind me of that?! I had completely forgotten it and could have happily lived out the rest of my days without remembering that someone actually made that thread.

3 Likes

4 Likes