Other side of the world, but same force?

This is an ancient Gnostic text translated in the last 50 years or so. Doesn’t it sound like the Loa talking?

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/maps/primary/thunder.html

2 Likes

Personally I would say no. Vodoun has its own spiritual lineage that goes back to the same era and before this original Gnostic manuscript was made. Reading it, it seems to me to be more of Sophia speaking on the behalf of the holy covenant.
The Loa manifest in a particular form through particular structure, I think people of today take forgranted the power of communication before the internet, and while it is widespread belief in how ignorant everybodies ancestors were, the truth is much different than that. There was infact spread of information as well as trade of goods long long before many of the inventions of our luxury and convenience.

1 Like

That’s fascinating, thanks for sharing Trilby. I’m an NPR fan, glad to see the site.

3 Likes

Good points all thanks for the thoughtful answer. What if you imagine the poem recited by a series of speakers rather than just one voice?

2 Likes

Thats the thing is reading it I felt an intuitive voice, the essence of Sophia, who really is the female personification of the highest creator, though she was speaking from several perspectives or incarnations. I really think its a beautiful text, and I thank you for sharing it.

Also being deeply involved in ATR I can honestly say this isnt the type of talk the Loa speak. I have seen people under possession of the Loa, the Orisha, and the Muertos, they all speak differently from one another but the types of ideas and life evidences are communicated much differently than the poetry in this text.
Loa are less Poetic and more matter of fact when they speak, and the Loa also speak directly to people at certain places and certain times, it would almost be like saying “Ezili left a note for us all from 2 thousand years ago…hope you all find it.” And Im not saying your saying that by any means Im just saying when the Loa really has something to say to somebody they will find a way, Vodoun is a living breathing tradition.
The living breathing parts of Gnosticism can only be cultivated by Gnosis, which isnt just intensive studying but reaching the cosmic understandings.

1 Like

That is a very insightful response, especially as to describing the different ways that communication takes place. Thanks for taking the time to write all that out.

1 Like

Absolutely my friend. :slightly_smiling_face: Many blessings in your pursuit of truth, knowledge, and enlightenment.

Same to ya.

1 Like