Origin of Demons?

I tend to refer to that as Divinity, but I believe we’re talking about the same basic concept. I tend to correlate it with the three veils of negative existence of the Qabalah. While the tree springs forth from it, it has no hand in the day to day running of the Multiverse. It’s got people for that.

My current belief system allows for a creator. But unlike religion, I don’t get hung up on particulars. I have no fucking clue what purpose there is, other than we’re supposed to grow. I also don’t feel the creator requires anything from us, other than just growing. So I really have no problem with all of this having been created, I just have a problem with defining it and applying rules to it.

I agree.

My experience has been that the model presented in the Kybalion is fundamentally correct, people can add on concepts like the Tree of Life, demi-urge, whatever they like but the core reality in my personal experience to date is that there is ONE Source, one giant thinking being that encompasses everything, nothing exists outside it, and that it splits itself through a drive for MORE LIFE - more experience, more complexity, and more diversity - into myriad different forms, both animate and inanimate.

And that we can understand some of the ways in which it achieves this by studying the laws laid out in that book, and explored more in New Thought and so on, to the recent concept of the Law of Attraction, which basically proposes that if you need and want (for example) a car in the correct way, with gratitude and love, and without fear or competitiveness, then that energy of “car” will come into your life so it can fully express itself.

Both “you” and “car” are thoughts held within Source seeking their fullest expression and completion.

For this reason, I think that the beings we class as demons can have all manner of origins, some arising when the planet formed and long before animal life arose, some pre-dating the solar system altogether, some are old gods whose names got tarnished and misused, and some are human and non-human animals who’ve ascended, etc.

If you’ve had that experience of being as one with the sole consciousness in reality, and of being able to make things, people and events happen with your thoughts, this probably sounds less loony, and if not, then I understand it might not be releatable - and as ever, I’m not asking anyone to take this on faith, but it’s been my own UPG and I have managed to create genuine changes to reality with it.

Getting back to the idea of a creator god and slaves, why would any all-powerful god be so fucked up that it created a need for slavery in the first place, when no thing, no state or need, can exist without its sanction?

I just don’t buy that, and again that’s based on experience, and also logic.

The idea of being created doesn’t really bother me either, but as someone else said, I see no need to add a bunch of stipulations to our existence. Besides, if we were created by a god who is perfect if he or she felt the need to brag about their perfection and powers, they could just show us and there would be no need to create a race of beings who are inferior and force them into slavery. That’s no different than a 180 lb. man overcoming a 110 lb. woman and saying I’m so strong and bad ass!

Why create a race of inferior beings to worship you, if you know they are inferior you know they will only worship you out of fear because you have power over them. If I was a creator god and wanted to feel truly superior I would create a race of other superior beings that just naturally loved me unconditionally. It’s one thing to truly be superior but to supposedly create helpless inferior beings and force them into loving and worshipping you, is pathetic.

What always confused me, is that everyone says we must give into this creator’s demands because he says so but if there really was a supreme male god that likes to feel superior, then why hide and never show yourself to anyone and have a bunch of flawed men write a book for you that says if you don’t obey me you will burn? If such a god existed all he would need to do to brag is just reveal himself and show us all the cool things he can do and say haha, you can’t do this like I can! And he could’ve waived his hand and had the bible written flawlessly with the flick of his wrist, so that’s why the religious creator god stories never made sense to me as a child.

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:23, topic:6852”]The idea of being created doesn’t really bother me either, but as someone else said, I see no need to add a bunch of stipulations to our existence. Besides, if we were created by a god who is perfect if he or she felt the need to brag about their perfection and powers, they could just show us and there would be no need to create a race of beings who are inferior and force them into slavery. That’s no different than a 180 lb. man overcoming a 110 lb. woman and saying I’m so strong and bad ass!

Why create a race of inferior beings to worship you, if you know they are inferior you know they will only worship you out of fear because you have power over them. If I was a creator god and wanted to feel truly superior I would create a race of other superior beings that just naturally loved me unconditionally. It’s one thing to truly be superior but to supposedly create helpless inferior beings and force them into loving and worshipping you, is pathetic.

What always confused me, is that everyone says we must give into this creator’s demands because he says so but if there really was a supreme male god that likes to feel superior, then why hide and never show yourself to anyone and have a bunch of flawed men write a book for you that says if you don’t obey me you will burn? If such a god existed all he would need to do to brag is just reveal himself and show us all the cool things he can do and say haha, you can’t do this like I can! And he could’ve waived his hand and had the bible written flawlessly with the flick of his wrist, so that’s why the religious creator god stories never made sense to me as a child.[/quote]

Gods usually create things for the same reason I make stuff, to get things done. There’s a bunch of different humans with different functions since spiritually not all humans are the same thing, One of the primary functions of your average joe on the street who knows nothing is to act as both a food source as well as a vehicle for making things happen in this world more easily. Of course when you get some knowledge you can get past that phase.

Defectron, were you implying that I have no knowledge of anything or making a general reference to the mundane population as a whole?

I think Defectron was making a statement about the general population.

yeah the general population