Oral pacts

I was researching and I found there are different types of pacts. The ones I found were oral pacts, written pacts, etc. The information I found about oral pacts wasn’t very good, so I was wondering, how do these actually work? Obviously it would be smarter to do a written pact. Are oral pacts even binding since there is no evidence for them? No blood nor bodily fluid seems to be used. It is just your word and the word of the spirit… How would one even know the terms, they could be changed by one of the parties… Just interested.

1 Like

To be honest I’ve never done a written pact. I create “friendships” and basically ask for a favor when I need it and give in return. I have an ongoing long term relationship with Lucifer but that’s a little different and it’s not physically written either - it just is.

2 Likes

That sounds a lot better than written pacts to be honest. Makes it seem less formal and more friendly. I just have an issue with a particular entity, I never did any written pact nor sigil summoning, so I was confused as to whether or not I made an oral pact. But that makes a lot more sense, would you say the idea of an oral pact is more just a friendship?

1 Like

If you didn’t use their seal and summon them I’d be inclined to think it wasn’t an accepted pact. Even though I don’t do a complete formal rite I’ll draw their seal and connect by chanting their enn and verbalize my desire . And I always have an offering when I do that. But once you’ve developed a friendship with an entity you have a little more room there. You can communicate telepathically and express what you need. Just be sure to give back also.

4 Likes

Oral contracts are admissible in a court of law. If you said that you and the accused had made a verbal agreement that the accused then broke, it is considered evidence, but it’s difficult to prove. It’s recommended that all verbal contracts be transferred to a written format for your safety.

That said, with Spirits, I doubt that you could sue a non-physical entity in any court of law. So, if all you want to do is make a verbal contract (or oral pact) as you term it, then that’s a perfectly reasonable, and still 100% binding, way of going about it.

2 Likes

Not in all countries and not for all situations and cases.

We aren’t discussing human laws - I would question that humans have been making pacts with entities for many millennia and so many would not have been able to write or read any pact, petition or contract created or presented to them. Bindings were created verbally so it is possible that you have made some kind of contract, but without the use of a sigil, enn, proper name of the entity or some other mechanism to call the entity or even proper intent (through visualisation or entering TG state) it’s possible that it was like throwing a wet paper aeroplane against a steel tank.

2 Likes

I’ve heard food offerings are pretty good, what does a person do with the food afterwards, though? I haven’t really heard any stories of the food mysteriously disappearing. Should I just leave it and then tip it into the bin later?

1 Like

I did used to do a lot of visualisation before, but I don’t recall being presented with any contract. Some entities would visit me as I did visualise, but never did I agree to anything. As I think more, perhaps doing a particular action as I visualised could have opened doors (e.g. Consuming food). It does make sense what you say, a lot of people were illiterate millennia ago. I dunno what you mean by the paper airplane and steel tank though :sob:, thank you for responding

1 Like

What I meant was that you can wear robes of silk, have the most expensive beeswax candles, sigils and seals of pure gold, incense from the furthest reaches of the world but without your intent and emotion it’s nothing - it’s like throwing a wet paper aeroplane at a solid steel Sherman tank. Nothing will happen.

At the risk of offending those who believe that more is better, it really isn’t - spend more time on meditation and listening to the entities’ messages to you (in whatever form they come). Most of the gift to the entities is inside you.

One warning about an oral pact, do you remember word for word what you have agreed upon? No, if you write a pact then it at least acts as a script to work to.

Incidentally if you use the search facility there should be several entries on why you do not need to make pacts offering your soul. I know that this is often a bone of contention for those starting out - too much pop culture and desire for media stardom and the trappings thereof seem to make for urban legends.

2 Likes

Oh trust me, I was pretty weirded out by the idea of “soul selling”. It never sat right with me. IMO selling a soul is just dedication/devotion, and I’m never gonna bother doing it. It’s literally only Christians who talk about it, yet their book says nothing of it. The Greek word for soul is “psyche” so in a sense your soul is your mind. Other cultures call it your being. Others call it your higher self. You can’t sell that literally, but you could metaphorically. Furthermore, idk why everyone trusts those illuminati conspiracy theories… As well I don’t think someone shouting “oh I wanna sell my soul someone come down and take it” is gonna do much, it would probably lead to a load of astral parasites coming but that’s about it. I had done a lot of meditation and had listened to lots of subliminal videos aiming to increase psychic abilities but this attack happened later. I guess I’ll speak with the entity and see what they would like. I think I agreed on something to do with advice.

1 Like

I leave it out overnight and then throw it away in the morning or feed it to the wildlife

2 Likes

Don’t throw away things that you’ve dedicated to a holy purpose, it’s disrespectful (unless you want to be purposefully disrespectful then by all means).

For disposing of solid offerings, burn them and bury the remains in the earth. For liquid offerings, pour it out straight into the ground.

An argument may be made about eating food that you offer as in many ancient religions the priests were able to eat choice portions of the sacrifices of the people. But, I personally don’t perform such a practice, but I do believe that it is an acceptable alternative.

1 Like