Opiates and magick?

Haha yea you’re right the former largely replaced the latter I got it backwards

1 Like

With all the shit out there on the market designed to make us dopey it is pretty hard to keep track, lol. I don’t understand why Xanax was ever widely prescribed to anyone but violent psychotics. It is way too strong for general clinical use, the LD 50 is only marginally less than low doses of phenobarbital, and any useful administration of the general active ingredient for people that want to actually have a life is found in the more benign versions like clonazepam or lorazepam.

Also, benzos will destroy your life just as readily as the old fashioned Marilyn Monroe killers, so they did nothing more with the replacement but make greater numbers of addicts because it is ‘safer’. Kind of like opiate replacements…

Since I last posted this thread I still maintain my stance on using hard stuff in magical workings, but I have softened my opinion towards ganja and mad dog skullcap.

Gabapentin has proven interesting in experimentation, but overall it is not a substitute for any real discipline.

3 Likes

Look into Phenibut. It’s not without risks but intelligent use is virtually side effect free. I’ll take an agonist with the same binding affinity over an allosteric modulator any day. Less variables to deal with and it’s not like a magnifying glass for your GABA receptors

1 Like

Helps put your body to sleep and slow down your brain activity in general which makes it easier to go into trance.

I prefer entheogens if im working magic. Expanded awareness is incredibly useful when you havent honed your sense of energy.

Weed is best for energy work as it causes your brain to release melatonin as if you were going to sleep, which causes the release of dmt. It also causes a flood of dopamine which is pleasurable and i find that it is easier to perform kundalini work if you are already in a pleasurable state.

Things like mushrooms and lsd lack the ability to put your body to sleep but the expanded awareness is so intense and the increased suggestable is amazing for reprogramming the mind and strengthening neural pathways.

Disclaimer: i do not advocate drug use or the use of other controlled substances.

3 Likes

It’s the anandamide. It’s an amazing neurotransmitter that’s related to the expanse of consciousness and flow state. THC (or one of its metabolites) is an agonist for the same receptor which is why creativity goes through the roof on it. Amazing for musical expression.

I’d say that it releasing endogenous DMT is a stretch though there is indeed a tryptamine like effect through anandamide. Very different receptors but similar outcome.

1 Like

The dmt is released because marijuana stimulates the release of melatonin. This is a common gripe with marijuana dependency causing insomnia.

Tbh im taken aback by you lack of faith in dmt… Sounds like it comes from a lack of experience with it. Dmt is the most profound legal experience youll find here.

1 Like

For real, and the adderal prescribed to young boys is like an epidemic.

Psychiatry isn’t very scientific.

2 Likes

Science isnt very scientific now adays. Considering it accounts for 1 of our 5(arguably 6) senses and that sense accounts for 2% of information recieved by the corresponding organ.

The current scientific model keeps the spirit world secret.

1 Like

I’ve experienced it. Had a fantastic talk with Belial that was unlike any other I’ve ever had due to it. I’m a big fan of enthogens.

It’s not the DMT that I question, that stuff is shockingly powerful. It’s melatonin being a releasing agent for it. DiMethylTryptamine and serotonin/5HT (5-Hydroxytryptamine) are similar in structure and melatonin comes from serotonin as well. I’m more than willing to be enlightened if you know more about the chem than I do though, the implications could be absolutely huge. I’m more into pharmacology than biosynthesis. Any info you could point me towards?

It’s in the realm of plausible. It just feels like a big stretch seeing that their synthesis pathways are in a close enough vein I could see it happening though it would be a huge surprise to learn that.

This is the subject I nerded out on to the point I do it for a living (biochemistry, not drug synthesis haha). If you’ve got a link showing anything about this I’d want to read it yesterday.

Oh and DMT is definitely not a legal substance unless you’re doing an Ayahuasca ceremony under the protections of it being a religious ceremony. Legal gray area. Messed up that a compound everyone’s body makes is somehow a Schedule I drug but that’s the FDA/DEA mob for you…

1 Like

Due to weed only recently being legalized there arent any peer reviewed studies i can find.

However the relationship between weed and dmt is that, weed(not all strains) typically causes a release of melatonin and the theory is that melatonin is what tells the pineal gland to release dmt.

There are a lot of experiences of people claiming to have dmt like trips from large doses of thc.

Nothing concrete but it makes sense to me and agrees with my own experience

You are more experienced in chem than me. Perhaps it isnt dmt doing it, but from my experience weed definitely aids in perception

2 Likes

The entirety of the pharmacutical industry is a giant racket. They diagnose using a flow chart and some criteria that’s subjective from one individual to the next and are incentivised to push pills so they can bill your insurance.

Then anybody trying to actually find ways to SOLVE rather than cover up problems either gets taken out, arrested, or fined/put out of business.

I’m in an industry where certain compounds that are objectively hepatoxic are unregulated/over the counter while the cleaner one that’s not going to damage one’s liver are a Schedule IV substance.

I’ve seen a bunch of other examples, there’s an alternative to Albuterol that has a ~36 hour half life and would require very infrequent doses rather than needing to hit one’s asthma inhaler all the time. It wasn’t approved because a drug that’s extremely close has a 3.8 hour half life and would need more regular administration.

More consumption = more sales. Not effective to only need to dose 3 times per week vs a few times a day if it’s bad.

It’s meant to sell chemicals. If the chemists were running the industry from the standpoint of making the drugs the most optimal experience possible for the user rather than the shareholders it would be a world of difference

4 Likes

Well that’s the strangest yet coolest thing I’ve read all day. They’re asking some interesting questions and they might be on to something. Would be worth experimenting with Melatonin chews before a puff and a jam session to see if that brings one to the “other world” better.

Thanks for the link man, that’s the kind of work that advances understanding.

You’re good on no peer reviewed studies, everyone hates “that guy” on the internet who demands studies for everything. I’m mostly interested in finding the relationship with melatonin and DMT. The magic of THC is all about anandamide as far as I know. Melatonin potentiating that could be very interesting though. Thanks for the signpost

Side note: I experienced a quasi DMT breakthrough while on mushrooms (Psilocin is 4-OH-DMT) after smoking a J for the first time in years. Had zero tolerance and after that peak I saw this hermetic vortex of all that is and became existence experiencing itself. Didn’t know what magick or hermetics or any of this stuff was but I had this immediate understanding of how things fit together that faded into just enough memory I was able to ask the right questions, which lead me here.

There’s a lot of variables and cause & effect with this question in particular but it’s peaked my interest now

1 Like

Interesting you mentioned melatonin and weed. I use both when trying to recieve visions through dreaming.

First i ask my question then i ask my guardian spirits for a dream.
Then i take melatonin
Then i smoke
Then i perform a kundalini excerise or a merkaba exercise, usually the latter, then i go to sleep.

Works every time for me.

I also offer essential oils before all of this. In a dragon shaped oil warmer, classic style with a candle under the offering bowl to warm.

3 Likes

I could not agree more. The problems I have with psychiatry in practice from a former patient perspective…

It is extremely easy to misdiagnose a condition in the first place, especially if the prescribing physician is working in tandem with therapists, et al, and they provide flawed analysis.

Even if you accurately diagnose someone, some meds work better than others for different people, so they often end up playing chemical roulette until something pans out. And sometimes they don’t even understand fully why a chemical does what it does in the grand scheme.

An alarming amount of the time there are excellent doctors that find there hands tied by insurance complications or practice policies, lowering the effectiveness of treatment.

And of course there are the financial incentives of the medical and pharmaceutical apparatuses. There is no way in hell people are getting access to the best possible cocktails. There is no money in that.

Plus, it is predicated on psychology, which is arguably the most inexact science on a person to person level.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure this is true for most psychotropics. Especially SSRI.

2 Likes

SSRI’s are very interesting. They’re very powerful meds yet they don’t seem to actually help depression in most cases. I read a stat that says they help in 32% of cases where as placebo helps in 33%. Something is wrong. They do amazing things to people with OCD though

1 Like

I was waiting for someone to mention Aleister Crowley, but no one did. And as for Norski scurrilously attacking the pharmaceutical industry when all these frightened and beleaguered companies are trying to do is help humanity with only the very best and highest intentions - well I was disgusted. I feel like getting some prescription painkillers and taking a handful just to prove how safe these are.

Al.

3 Likes

I didn’t mention him but thought of him!

With all this talk of melatonin triggering the release of DMT in the brain, I’m surprised that no one has brought up the fact that you can buy melatonin supplements legally at pretty much any drug store, if that is what you’re after. @Norski may be correct to question melatonins role in releasing DMT, because I have some melatonin pills that I bought from a drug store, and I’ve never had anything close to a DMT experience using them

Also, I’m curious as to how some of you have used weed for ritual, as I can’t quite seem to get it down right. Do you wait until you get high to begin, or do you wait until the peak subsides where you start feeling stoned/tired?

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen in the research is it might act as a potentiator for the receptors it acts on (way over simplified but it’ll do). I’m still not sold on it but it’s enough to ask questions about from what they linked to.

I was thinking the same thing with melatonin supplements. I’m developing a sleep formula as one of my product lines and it’s definitely in there. What I’m curious about is using them with other enthogens (like weed, or any other) to see if it enhances the effect or not. Should be simple enough.

Every stoned ritual I’ve done has been sort of a spontaneous evocation where I’d be surfing the internet and something says “Evoke Duke Sallos NOW” in my mind’s ear. So I pull up his sigil and just start thinking his name as loudly as I can as if I’m calling to him and then the sigil takes on a very intense flashing 3D quality.

So right at the peak is what I’d say. Dabs being the best in my experience. The strongest one was while I had a bit of alcohol in me and I went to a state of transient hypofrontality (fun rabbit hole to read up on, it’s required for Theta Gamma sync) which is where your inner critic just shuts off and you flow effortlessly. Try that on if blazing yields good results.

Anyway, my astral senses got WAY more sensitive to the point that I heard different voices in my mind which changed in quality with the way the sigil took on different characteristics. I’m not sure if anyone else has been here but the sigil sort of “looks back” at you and does so from different points depending on the voice tonality used.

So either I’m developing schizophrenia or I found a way to boost clairaudience because my best evocations have all been done like this.

I found it interesting when their voices would be running faster than I could piece thoughts of my own together with accuracy. I’d sound like a bumbling idiot if I tried speaking what they said so I knew it wasn’t coming from me. King Purson has a sort of grand old wisdom quality to his voice. The rest can sound quite demonic at times yet usually they’re what you’d expect a royal entity to sound like. Very peculiar experience. This is when I found out that they’re absolutely real. Then results happened and it’s all been varying experiences.

Every once in a while I’ll get an intrusive thought (since I have OCD) that I think is a spirit trying to tell me something like “Text her. That’s all you have to do” and then once the connection opens I hear them adamantly saying “Hell NO don’t text her! Here’s what you’re dealing with…” This made for a cool experience.

Aside from that, I feel energy work much better while high. I was able to actually experience a microcosmic orbit meditation while there once and I don’t have to tell anyone how great an O is while you’re there. All energy.

The nervous system is fascinating to me. What I find interesting is that weed doesn’t increase acetylcholine activity (important for all neural impulses) yet everything about connectivity seems very enhanced when blazed. One would think that choline and Huperzine A would do the same thing but it’s nowhere near the effect. I’m way into pharmacology so if you’ve got any questions about anything to do with biohacking (legal or not) hit me up for informative purposes. I love finding answers to those questions

3 Likes