Opening up a household

I’ve gotten curious about something, and it might be an interesting experiment, but I need more info. How would one go about opening up a household to a particular planetary influence? Let’s say members of the family are ill, so we want to open the influence of the Moon and let it flood through the house indefinitely and let it influence everyone so they become healthy.

How do we do that (a planetary seal or particular spirits in combination)?
Are there any drawbacks or pitfalls?

I’ll take a crack at this.

I haven’t opened an entire household to one planetary influence before, but I assume that success would lie in making the entire household an inviting environment for the planetary spirit to visit. Perhaps keep charged sigils of the Moon in every room, let the moon’s favorite incense into every room, have mirrors by the windows to reflect moonlight into the rooms in the evening?

Also, I suggest keeping some sort of moon talisman on each family member. It is said that selenite, named after Selene the Roman goddess of the moon, was once regarded as rock that fell off the moon - maybe a piece of selenite can be carried around by each person, or kept in their rooms.

Maybe also evoke the moon, and tell it that you want its influence to flood through the house indefinitely.

The only pitfall I could see would be the imbalance it might create from having the moon be such a strong influence in the entire household. I haven’t had that happen to me, but I would imagine that it won’t be so terrible if that happens. Who knows, it might even turn out better than expected.

Keep us posted on the results. I’m curious to see what happens.

Jason Miller’s Sorcerer’s Secrets talks about pore breathing. You inhale deeply and draw in energy through every pore of the body. This can then be channeled through breath or other secretion into an object or room for a specific purpose. I find it very useful.

What sigils would you use? We’ve got the magic squares and also have the seals from the Greater Key of Solomon. But then we also have the angels, the spirits, the intelligences, its like being a in a candy store.

I also had this idea of setting up one spot int he house and causing the energy or power to flow throughout, however I think your idea of a sigil, etc in each room would work better. Could even create like a network. So one, central spot which you work from that sends power to the sigils in each room.

This was also my concern, creating an imbalance, so I would definitely need to keep an eye on that.

Hhmm… I think any of those sigils work. The one from the system you resonate with would probably be best for you. The higher up in the hierarchy, the better (for example, archangels instead of intelligences). Personally, I like working with the Olympic spirits from the Arbatel, because in my experience they come quicker. Phul would be the Olympic spirit of the moon. But there’s moon beings further up the metaphorical totem pole.

The sigil home network system sounds like a great idea. :slight_smile:

As for the imbalance, maybe invite the moon inside only until everyone in the house is well again? Or invite a counterbalance once you start to sense an imbalance?

[quote=“Salpinx, post:5, topic:5782”]Hhmm… I think any of those sigils work. The one from the system you resonate with would probably be best for you. The higher up in the hierarchy, the better (for example, archangels instead of intelligences). Personally, I like working with the Olympic spirits from the Arbatel, because in my experience they come quicker. Phul would be the Olympic spirit of the moon. But there’s moon beings further up the metaphorical totem pole.

The sigil home network system sounds like a great idea. :slight_smile:

As for the imbalance, maybe invite the moon inside only until everyone in the house is well again? Or invite a counterbalance once you start to sense an imbalance?[/quote]

Great points again Salpinx, thanks. I have been perusing everything today and have also semi settled on the Olympian spirits. Just want to do some more research before I make up my mind.

Hey panlupa, I’m curious as to how this turned out for you and your family. Any updates that you care to share?

None as yet, some other pressing issues came up which have taken my attention away from that, but I will get to it.