Opening Sigils

Greetings, everyone.
I wanna touch base on a subject that this site has alot of information on.
It wasn’t until I came across E.A.'s page and discovered this site, that I learned about sigil magick, and how to open them.

I’ve attempted to open them on a different occasions, using the gazing technique.
I usually don’t feel a presence enter the room, and more times then not, I don’t feel any change in atmosphere. However, I don’t get discouraged, and continue the working with the mindset of the spirit is either with me, or within earshot at the very least.
Whenever I gaze at the sigil, usually one I’ve drawn myself of the entity’s sigil, (just feels like it means more)
I never see the lines change colors or disappear. The only thing that happens is the lines sorta?..Split into two? If that’s a good description? Sorta like when you stare at something and go cross eyed, is the best way I can describe it.
Although I’m not holding the sigil close, usually a decent distance, it takes effort to refocus my vision and begin gazing again.

This is just my experience, although I’m not very advanced yet, in sigil opening.
But has anyone else had this same experience, or anyone possibly share their experience?
I’ve considered maybe having a few drinks before attempting, to maybe relax a little more? Although I’m not nervous in any way.
And I don’t smoke… Anything.
So again, anyone have anything to add or any input?
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.
Blessed be.

You won’t necessarily, as you are not calling the being forth, but simply connecting to its energy when you open a sigil. Think of it like calling a friend on the phone. Unless you are explicitly calling the spirit forth, there may not be any sort of presence.

In an evocation, you are dialing the friend, and inviting him over, when you open a sigil. If you are simply opening the sigil, you are just talking on the phone.

Some people don’t. As EA states in his newsletter describing the technique, some people get an intuitive flash that the sigil is charged, rather than the 3D effect others do. For myself, I usually feel myself getting sucked into the symbol, my gaze trapped and unable to look away.

I don’t know if you’ve read the newsletter, but I’ll link it just in case as it might be helpful:

4 Likes

I have not, but I will definitely sit down and go through it very carefully.
Thank you, DarkestKnight. Very good insight and Information, as always. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome. I hope it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like