Opened Azazels Sigil

Hello Folks, I am note sure if I am in right section for this kind of thread. In case I am not: Please move it. Thank you!

As some of you may know from my previous posts I am still trapped in “the void” between religious beliefs and the desire to break free and liberate myself. I have read a lot of books about magick but that’s it. And this has been going on for years. Me struggling between being a good buddhist and finally breaking free and claim power.

Quite recently the pull towards the arts we call Black Magick is getting stronger. The desire to dive into the Darkness is always present in my head. Every silent moment it feels like something is calling me. I do not know what this is. Yay, I am finally shizophrenic!

So last night something strange happend. I stopped thiking. I had a look on Sigil Magick and how to use it. I prepeared paper, a black marker and looked up Azazels Sigil in Evoking Eternity. I was sure: If I want to find out what this strange calling is I would have to ask Azazel.

Since I read everywhere that his name alone is enough to call him I thought it was obvious that I unconsciously made contact, since I read BofA alot (during the times I am not religiosly bound).

I sat down on the ground on a cushion, a candle to my left and one to my right. I had the Sigil prepared and followed the steps given in the link Lady Eva posted in New Magicians Help. The Chant “Itz Rel Itz Rel Azazel” came to my mind and I used it while gazing at the sigil.

I visiualized myself finally finding my magickal path. Finally practicing the Art I was reading about. I visualized myself being guided by spirits on that Path. I envisioned myself finally gaining power and control over my own life.

Finally accepting my desire, the desire that I want power, felt so liberating. It went counter to the buddhist beliefs but it felt so right. I claimed power that moment and in an instant courage filled my body together with certain kind of wrath, which I knew would help me on my path.

I realized the light of the candles “getting darker”. It literally went darker in my room, this was no trick played to me by my eyes. And a few words came to my mind: My path is the path of power! These came out of nowhere and these words didn’t feel like my own. I found myself whispering these words without a clear order from my own brain.

Though I didn’t see the lines of the sigil actually “flashing” in the sense of the word. I see the Lines blur (which didn’t came from narrowing my eyes) and disappear. Even the Paper and part of my hand disappeared sometimes, leaving kind of a void to stare in in front of me.

In the final stage I asked for advise or at least some kind of message where to start. I now realize that I already found my starting point. I have everything I need, I just have to start.

I got goosebumps during this. I had the same experience whith the Meditations from WoD. I feel “electrified” in a way I didn’t feel when I work with “light” or the elements. I cannot say if this experience has a magickal source or some kind of psychological, resulting from the fact that I played with something seen as forbidden and dark.

Any toughts on this are deeply appreciated! And what do I do with the Sigil now? Keeping it for further use?

Thanks for reading through this long post!

Sounds like you made a good contact! :slight_smile:

Though I didn't see the lines of the sigil actually "flashing" in the sense of the word. I see the Lines blur (which didn't came from narrowing my eyes) and disappear. Even the Paper and part of my hand disappeared sometimes, leaving kind of a void to stare in in front of me.

That’s amazing, I’ve only had something like that happen once, and I actually got distracted by a noise outside and broke the contact.

Any toughts on this are deeply appreciated! And what do I do with the Sigil now? Keeping it for further use?

If you plan to work with Azazel again, if it were me, I’d keep it - don’t file it away and forget about it, sigils that have been opened seem to cause some problems if they’re then just left with no purpose, but if you’re working with him agaiun there’s no reason to destroy it and make a new one I shouldn’t think?

I keep sigils I’ve opened in a metal box, in a posh envelope, it contains the energy and means I can re-use them. Opening sigils like this isn’t my main method, but that’s what i do with the ones I’ve used this way, and for other purposes.

Awesome work there. :slight_smile:

As always: Thank you for your encouraging words!

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:2, topic:7467”]If you plan to work with Azazel again, if it were me, I’d keep it - don’t file it away and forget about it, sigils that have been opened seem to cause some problems if they’re then just left with no purpose, but if you’re working with him agaiun there’s no reason to destroy it and make a new one I shouldn’t think?

I keep sigils I’ve opened in a metal box, in a posh envelope, it contains the energy and means I can re-use them. Opening sigils like this isn’t my main method, but that’s what i do with the ones I’ve used this way, and for other purposes.[/quote]

I think I will do exactly that. I’ll definitely keep working that way for a while. What was keeping me from doing actual work were the complicated rituals. But this was an intense experience with almost nothing but a piece of paper.

I actually didn’t find much sleep that night. Not because I was terrified or something. My body just felt so hot, I was sweating. I actually don’t wear anything when I sleep. I just use a blanket and don’t keep the heater on at night and it’s actually quite cold in middle europe at the moment. But I was sweating like I do in summer.

Then around 3 AM a very strong wind was rising. We don’t have Tornados or anything like that in europa but it was definitely the strongest storm I ever experienced. The wind pushing against my window and the walls. It came after I was awake lying in my bed for 4 hours. And I can’t remember that it stopped. I must have fell asleep during the storm. Which is weird because I usually can’t sleep like this because I always hear all kinds of voices and I am afraid that anything broke.

BUT: The weirdest thing. A few familiy members came over for breakfast this morning and were talking about Shiva and Ganesha and the mix between Hinduism and Buddhism my familiy adopted as their religion. I’ve got a very strange feeling that this is the message I requested…any thoughts?

Yes, energy changes like that are normal, every time you push “up” a level of spiritual contact - well at least they have been for me and a lot of folks I know. It’s a good sign.

BUT: The weirdest thing. A few familiy members came over for breakfast this morning and were talking about Shiva and Ganesha and the mix between Hinduism and Buddhism my familiy adopted as their religion. I've got a very strange feeling that this is the message I requested...any thoughts?

Hard to say without more context (and I don’t want to pry) - possibly. I mean basically if it FELT like it was, and given that you’ve made substantial contact there from what you describe, it probably was.

What are your plans now?

Well, I’ll try to give you some context since you asked! :slight_smile:

A huge part of my mothers familiy is located in Thailand. But my grandfather came [Edit: From India] to Thailand during World War 2. That’s why my familiy adopted a stringe mix between Hinduism and Buddhism. If you look closer to Thai Buddhism, you realize it’s a huge big mix of these religions (+ the folk beliefs of ghosts and nature spirits). My grandfathers favourite deity was Ganesha.

My mother relocated to germany a few decades ago, where she married a german man and gave birth to me. I was baptised in my fathers christian faith. But since my father weren’t a really religious man, I seldom came in contact with the Church. I soon turned to my mothers faith. I even went and became a Novice at a buddhist temple for 3 weeks.

Sure: I found some wisdom in that time. But something kept bothering me. The buddhist faith of peace and devotion and passiveness didnt made me happy. My mother for example is a very nice person, but she is so devote, passive and nice that people are abusing this. I know she isn’t completely happy with that but just to “weak” to change anything. Don’t get me wring: I love and respect my mother, with all the drawbacks she keeps going, but I don’t want to struggle like that and I don’t want her to struggle too, which is why I want to claim power. Right now I’m studying and working for a few hundred bucks doing marketing.

Many years ago I found a Ganesha Necklace here in Germany (which is weird). I kept it and after a few years I started chanting his Mantra few times. I can’t deny: I had results and it brought me luck. I kept looking deeper in Hinduism Pantheon and tried to get a bigger picture of a certain kind of sorcery involving these gods.

I do feel familiar with that pantheon, which I also can’t deny. Especially with Ganesha and Shiva. But since I was a kid I felt a little bit “darker”. I do not have the desire to wear black nail polish and stuff. But I always had a thing for the things that are taboo. I once tried to get in contact with a Ghost Doctor in Thailand. I couldn’t because my mother denied me help and I wasn’t fluent with the language. To her Sorcery is bad and Ghost Doctors are evil.

The demonic always attracted me. I am far beyond the age where all this is just a teenage rebellion phase. Yes, I know, there is Yoga path that is Left Hand but it doesn’t suit me as well. And I don’t like to work with mantras (at least not with the ones that have to almost be sung to have effect).

What was weird about todays breakfast: I am usually the only one of the german familiy branch that is interested in spirituality, magick and ghosts. I don’t know why exactly today the topic came up. I sure didn’t start it because I know no one wants to hear it. But it was really weird that so soon after I asked for guidance this happened. It’s a weird thing to comprehense: I demon like Azazel giving guidance through the mention of Hindu gods?

I want to open Azazels Sigil again tonight. Does anyone know if I can combine the opening of the sigil with a divination method? I once learned a method with playing cards. Worked great in the past. Maybe I can find something more that way?

Poor Lady Eva: You have to read through all that…

Oh yeah, just a quick reply to say that I totally hear you with respecting parents and all that, even though you think their beliefs are hurting them - been there done that myself. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what to say on the rest coz I’ve got to go out in a minute to a meeting, so i won’t try and reply, and anyway now America’s staring to get online a bit more, maybe some other members will have things to say - I’ll try and gather some useful thoughts later.

One thing - “coincidences” on this forum seem to happen a lot, so I’m going to link you to this just in case it’s helpful: DARK SELF ~ Exercise From Azazel.

It is not too odd for a spirit to recommend another, even one who is outside of their “normal box.”

Try not to get too caught up in the ideas of “light” and “dark.” Despite how religions tend to want to label things, life is not quite so clear cut - nor the spirits operating behind life.

Beings recognized as “Gods” are particularly beyond such labeling…and even those who are very “light side” or “dark side” will recognize the validity and requirement of the other and even encourage it in someone if it is what they see as being required for their development in life.

The whole idea of “this spirit is a demon, this other is an angel, this other a god” is really saying nothing more than “this person is an asian, this person is caucasian, this one a mutt.” It can give hints about their attitudes to things and how they go about achieving things - but it really doesn’t tell you whether the individual is nice or an asshole, interested in building something up or tearing things down etc.

There are good possible reasons a spirit may recommend the “gods of your ancestors” to you. Such gods may often already have an interest in you and be eager to help, without needing much convincing. Siva is not exactly a fluffy god - he is the God of demons, ghosts etc and Ganesha is his son, who can wipe obstacles out of your path.

Working with such spirits also has the added benefit of not raising eyebrows too much - by all appearances one can seem to be following their religion in a society approved manner and yet be doing ‘black magic.’ Being able to act with such subterfuge is valuable…and really has been part and parcel of being a magician for quite some time.

Nonetheless, you may want to recheck and ask for clarification from Azazel if it is indeed what he intended. Yes, you can open up the sigil and then use a divination method to communicate/get answers. If you’ve used playing cards before to good results then they are suitable. Or else you can just ask for a re-affirmation if that is the case and he can give you another sign in your everyday life etc.

^ Agree with every word.

I had the Archangel Raphael recommend Marbas, a demonic President, to me - this sealed the deal for me, that they’re not at odds or somehow seperated and unaware of each other.

Thanks to both of you. Your words really helped me to get over my confusion! :slight_smile:

Since I owe you further Details of what I’ve been doing I want to complete this thread.

I opened Azazels Sigil again. Same things happened: The Sigil blurred, the chill came, the light went slightly darker when Azazel “spoke” (in times when I didnt talk). I did a reading with my cards and here is what I received. I don’t give you the exact cards I drew or the system I used but what I interpreted into the cards and how I feel about it:

Question 1: Did I interpret your last message right?

Answer: You are in a (senseless) conflict and addicted to it. Go out and meet real people.

Interpretation: This (senseless) conflict could very well be the non-existent conflict between light and dark Rawiri mentioned. I got that Belief in my head and I am addicted to think I have to choose light or darkness. That’s why I asked this question again even though my path has been revealed. And yes: I have to go out more (apart from work or some close friends I don’t meet a lot of people). That will help me to realize that are thousands of shades between light and darkness in all humans.

Question 2: Would you enter a pact with me? (Yes, I still asked this)

Answer: You are (still) in that senseless conflict. I have shown you your tasks now do them and get happy.

Interpretation: Not much to say, I guess?

Question 3: What are the next steps on my path?

Answer: Learn from your Familiy and then die and be reborn. This way you can find true Love.

Interpretation: Ok, I am still pushed towards my ancestors Gods. I got it! I will work with them. Death and Rebirth is a common picture in magick. Isn’t Shiva the god who can help humans to get rid of their humand weaknesses and become more? That’s how I want to see it. The love thing still puzzles me. Yes, I have been alone for some years, it bothers me sometimes but I am not desperate. Maybe this is something more spiritual? Like the union of the masculine and the feminine aspect to become complete (like most Hindu gods and godesses display it)?

Question 4: Can I call you (Azazel) in the future and will you assist me?

Answer: If the circumstances are different it is possible but most likely not profitable. You aren’t seeking the real thing, you are just in love with the idea of it.

Interpretation: Got a brush-off from a demon. How awesome is that? The circumstances are, that my connection to my ancestors gods is possibly very strong (for example I had to chant Ganeshas mantra just a few times and big things were shifting in my life). Maybe I will have to explore this connection first. Maybe Azazel know that this connection will be profitable for me and He and I will never be good partners because of that. I might not be seeking a real pact with Azazel, real work under Azazels tutelage. Maybe my desire for that comes from the difficulty of my real Path (where can I find a real Hindu Sorcerer, that does not pull a guru scheme?!).

Does this post make any things to you? Or did I completely went wrong somewhere?

But that’s it for now. My workings with Azazel were rather short. But I am happy I did them. Some things are now clear to me. I was really confused a few days ago, actually I was confused for years.

@Lady Eva: Where will I post experiences with my own Path while working with Shiva and Ganesha? Is that considered “White Magick”?

If it had a religious aim at the time or was aimed towards union with any kind of god, heaven etc, then yes.

I posted my own there even though it’s not my path any more.

Azazel went for it there - I’m not sure what to say exactly so I’ll try to channel - not literally - my therapist guy:

• what would it take for you to be suitable to learn from Azazel, or other spirits you respiect?

• what’s stopping you from being the person they’ll want to work with?

• what do they want, that you are not currently delivering?

• how do you get to be that person?

• can you imagine how it would feel, to be the person Azazel (et al) turn to and conspire with?

I think that’s all I have, don’t take it as profound, most of it’s probably trash, but it was what came to mind.

Thank you and your channelled therapist guy! I contemplated your questions as a mental exercise but to be honest I am quite happy with the results I got. The answers Azazel gave me resonate so deeply within me that I most possibly can’t describe them with mere words.

Still big thanks to Azazel, who helped me like no human being could have. Demons are actually quite nice! :wink:

There’s a Tantric aspect to Ganesha, you probably know about this already but just in case (or for anyone else reading), this wiki page should have leads for further research: Uchchhishta Ganapati - Wikipedia

I thought of this last night after I posted but then forgot, I’m not sure if this manifestation would be helpful to you but it came back to mind just now.

I found that link interesting Lady Eva, on the mention of malevolent mantras. I hear so much about mantras for happiness, that I find it intriguing to read of mantras to cause someone unhappiness.

Miketz Marr, thought this might be interesting to you: some people have theorized that Janus is the Roman version of Ganesha. Maybe this theory might be useful to you? Or an interesting bit of trivia, at least.

My scientific mind is always trying to find the primordial forces behind all the seperation of different cultures and pantheons. If that is possible or not I don’t know yet. But I will look further into it!

It’s stranger and stranger everytime I hear someone’s experience with opening Azazel’s sigil. I’ve attempted to open it twice and have gotten no results, not even chills. The same with Lucifer. I have gotten SOME response with Lilith, but in general I get no response. I have great results communicating with my guardian demon/entity, my power animal, and with all other rituals and spells I have done, but i’m curious as to why this alludes me.

Before you entered the ritual to open Azazel’s seal, did you do anything such as grounding or banishing? Were you wearing and special garments? Were you observing any specific times or dates?

Hello there,

I didn’t ground myself nor did I banish anything. I wore black clothes (since I always do that at home) but other than that I didn’t wear anything special. I did the ritual in the dark, just two candles burning beside me.

First I meditated to relax my mind and body. After I reached a clear state of mind I followed the steps given in EA’s guide to open sigils. And well, the rest worked pretty well. I needed a few trys to get the “right gaze” but that’s it.

My first attempt were more intense than my second one. In the first attempt I was sitting on the ground in a half lotus, In the second attempt I was sitting in a chair at a table so I could perform the reading without problems. Maybe that is just me but while sitting in a half lotus I am much more able to get into certain mind states.

I hope some of these infos will help you!

[quote author=LycanthropicWerewolf link=topic=7846.msg82958#msg82958 date=1459646338]
It’s stranger and stranger everytime I hear someone’s experience with opening Azazel’s sigil. I’ve attempted to open it twice and have gotten no results, not even chills. The same with Lucifer. I have gotten SOME response with Lilith, but in general I get no response. I have great results communicating with my guardian demon/entity, my power animal, and with all other rituals and spells I have done, but i’m curious as to why this alludes me.

Before you entered the ritual to open Azazel’s seal, did you do anything such as grounding or banishing? Were you wearing and special garments? Were you observing any specific times or dates?
[
I work with Azazel, it takes time meditating on him and truly seeking knowledge and power for him to manifest in your life. I have a alter to him this grounds my ascent with him. I never banish, I let the energy linger for coming works. When I call I use the incantation for pacts and his song I create my own incantations as well to keep it personal. Give him your time show him you want all that is his and he will teach you. I hope this helps.