Open source occult

I was wondering how I was going to pursue all my goals once I get out of here, pursuing a career, working on perfecting the body and mind, as well as practicing magic daily and still studying my ass off(many of my planned project require knowledge I do not possess, and besides due to an insatiable/obsessive curiosity I don’t think I could Not keep up my studies even if I wanted to) and then I started thinking about how any occultist does it when I came up with a model that would work well for a small group of magicians. given the nature of these groups, they would be much more flexible than normal covens and be formed and dissipated without much effort.

alright say you have 3 occultist working side by side, all of them need to study the exact same set of subjects but do not have time to do it individually. you divide up the subjects(for example one study Kabbalah, one study vampirism, and one study the chakra’s) and each would decide on a time in the future to compare notes, say a month. not only would each study his subject in question, but they would take extensive notes, break the knowledge down into a formula and exercises that could be performed(or spells), the benefits of the system and there own personal applications of the subject in question. they would prepare a presentation(I’ll explain why in a minute) and deliver it to their peers at the allotted time.

the reason for the presentation is this will help them internalize the knowledge and give them experience as a teacher, which is important for the long term goal of these types of projects. it also makes It much easier for the other occultist to convert the information into something they can use and apply it to their own practice.

imagine an Open source occult community, where dogma has completely been eliminated and what is left is what leads to results. if there really is a method behind this madness then it can be broken down into a science, and then it can be dissolved and recreated into a more efficient form.

thats the kind of learning community I’ve always wanted… now and Idea has just poped into my mind so I’ll just write it here, although it may be just more impractical and unnecesary complex, anyway here it is:

can someone or a group of create an egrigore that works as a “collective hard disk” that gather the knowledge from every one of them and then “download” that info into each one of the persons involve?

Know, I know that even if you get a whole lote of knowledge is not the same as experience, and actually you’ll be able to understand only the next step in your current situation and have to put in practice and so on…

but, lets see it at this… experiencial knowledge in my own experience is defined as the pattern that takes your aura, thats is basically the definition of “information”, is not energy but the pattern that energy takes while is travelling… like a bunch of ying-ions and yang-ions floating arund your aura in a very specific set of patterns… (actually they don’t flote around your aura but compose your aura…)

so, the egrigore would gather the patterns that are being created in your biofield/aura/whatever and then somebody else would connect to the entity and experience the patterns, making it their own…

this is not simple energy exchange, but of experience as well… I’ve seen it in my work as a healer, not only my clients heals, but myself, I heal too (dunno why, perhaps I have corresponding patterns with those that come to me for help??) many healers I know experience the same thing (I mean, that work the same kind of therapy I do)

So basically is the critical mass theory also called the 100 monkeys theory (the one that learned to wash the fruit, not the one that write book…)

but this time is restricted to involve only those “linked” to the project instead of… lets say… the entire human race…

to finish, it is just like the process of studying in a group or class about a subject… anyone can notice how when time passes with some classmates and everyone gets into the same frecuency the realizations start becoming more collective and less individual…

yet, this time will be a method to compress the amount of time since it will deal with an exchange of the subtle levels of information configuration that extis in the subtle bodies that are related to our individual experiences… .and it will deal with difference subjects in each individuals

now, working in the way you propose is obviously a great idea but I’t will need a balanced and steady pace of learning, since I don’t know how to put it… there is a number of experiences that one can pass without getting too much into something that others will not understand what you’re into…

getting into that, the program of study should be made copassing both, time frame, subjects and excercises in each of the issues of study, so in each reunion there will be enough base knowledge for everyone involve to understand perfectly and more over, to create links between each of the subjects

What EpicGnome wrote about should be included within what Icarus is proposing I’d think, per that being in Occult fundamentals
(in Taoist tradition that is transmission- of the Energy of Mind… also in Abhidhamma, but “Shammanic” -indonesian load up a ‘totem’…

anyway trying to one-line or even a short phrase to describe the technique is off- and depending upon the starting pt (say if the “prereq” is assuming divination to develop the “section 6” omniscience, where direct Knowing is downloaded (feeds both ways)… link that with the Evokation skills (where “structuring” starts the process, the outer Form is not the pt, but the Underlying Consciousness)… thus feed into a holding-pt, download from…

<stability and non-overwhelm is an issue… need to be able to work from a lvl “above” the medium working-with (ie to work with Emotional-E not be caught up in Emotions, not “distancing from”… and the same way if Working-With Mind-stuff (working-with as in how one molds clay, mind itself a medium like cloud/electicity ~plastic)… and while working with Mindstuff, one can’t being thinking-acting from that Mindstuff ie-fdbk loop “above” not some Newage concept, just meaning Meta- perhaps more underlying… etc

not sure why this post caught my eye- this sort of subject has come up in prior threads and fizzles… (trickier as brain-teaser forcing to think/be in new way, vs just do something)- worth it though<?>

[quote=“taokua, post:3, topic:2078”] What EpicGnome wrote about should be included within what Icarus is proposing I’d think, per that being in Occult fundamentals
(in Taoist tradition that is transmission- of the Energy of Mind… also in Abhidhamma, but “Shammanic” -indonesian load up a ‘totem’…

anyway trying to one-line or even a short phrase to describe the technique is off- and depending upon the starting pt (say if the “prereq” is assuming divination to develop the “section 6” omniscience, where direct Knowing is downloaded (feeds both ways)… link that with the Evokation skills (where “structuring” starts the process, the outer Form is not the pt, but the Underlying Consciousness)… thus feed into a holding-pt, download from…

<stability and non-overwhelm is an issue… need to be able to work from a lvl “above” the medium working-with (ie to work with Emotional-E not be caught up in Emotions, not “distancing from”… and the same way if Working-With Mind-stuff (working-with as in how one molds clay, mind itself a medium like cloud/electicity ~plastic)… and while working with Mindstuff, one can’t being thinking-acting from that Mindstuff ie-fdbk loop “above” not some Newage concept, just meaning Meta- perhaps more underlying… etc

not sure why this post caught my eye- this sort of subject has come up in prior threads and fizzles… (trickier as brain-teaser forcing to think/be in new way, vs just do something)- worth it though<?>[/quote]

taokua > this magickal language of yours<?>… it’s hard to read. but your posts make me read more slowly, using more imagination to fill in the blanks.
i appreciate your input :slight_smile:

— bahamuthat, thanks, I appreciate your time and attention… (I hope that might indicate there might at a later date be more of an interest in such subjects.)
It has been a bit ironic to me that such thoughts as expressed and reached for by the above posts (let alone “magickal-work” in general) is thought by some to be reached without such thought. -I think of one-pass reading as fortune-cookie sayings. [this shows the influence of my own prior-sorcerous-training.]

best of luck in your seeking If (when) you find a (potential) nugget/ hint at what you sense might be… I lookfwd