Ongoing Dark Night of the Soul

Hello everybody. I have not posted in what feels like forever. I am not really sure where to put this so I just went general. I might ramble so please excuse the mind dumb here. Having said that, any help/advice/encouragement etc sure would be appreciated.

So a little while before I found this forum I was majorly depressed. Then I discovered that I was in the middle of a dark night of the soul…or so I believe. This has been going on for about 2 years now. I have no passion for anything that I used to enjoy, no motivation, just empty. It has been really miserable and I’m sure that I’ve been miserable to be around. The rumination and the lack of motivation/passion has kept me stuck in this loop. At the beginning of all of this suicidal thoughts had crept into my mind but I wrestled with that and beat it…or so I thought. About 2 months ago I thought I had turned a corner but it turns out I was just pinning my happiness on someone else. Once they disappeared again everything came crumbling back down. The suicidal thoughts returned but more frequently and more unrelenting this time. The lethargy has returned. I’m living with my parents right now and not able to do any magick to help (not that it would bc I am so desperate right now that my obsession and impatience would most likely kill anything) I just don’t know how much longer I can keep fighting this fight. I am sorry for rambling for so long, I just needed to get that off of my chest.

Thank you all for reading and I hope everyone had a wonderful day/afternoon/night

1 Like

I understand you fully. I’ve been through that, had a severe depression for around 7-8 years, and exactly when I was about to give up (thinking about ending my life) and was going crazy in my head, “someone” gave me that little spark of hope I was waiting for.

So please, do not give up friend :slight_smile: Even if you feel like the world is about to collapse under your feet, even if no one around you shares what you like and you feel lonely, things can change. It can take time, trust me.

And don’t be sorry, if you really need to talk to someone you can send me a message, I will gladly answer.

1 Like

I know right now it seems like there isn’t a solution, but the truth is there’s always a solution. While there’s life, there’s hope.

I don’t know what you have been through but there’s basic things that helps a bit like FOCUSING ON YOURSELF, SELF LOVE is very important. WORKING OUT stimulates the release of serotonin [it’s called the happiness hormone] , dopamine [the feel good hormone] and so on.

You can try to reach out someone to talk about how you feel, to have a different perspective outside the box about your situation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my experience, emotional release work is pretty much the cure for depression, or at least the crippling kind of depression. Whatever “technique” you may use, it’s really just about moving from your mind into your body, feeling your emotions fully, and letting them out.

I highly recommend Emotional Clearing by John Ruskan - this book was life-changing for me, it explains it all perfectly.