On the nature of godhood

So obviously there’s a sizable amount of us who aspire to godhood, so I thought I’d take a few minutes to share some of my thoughts on the matter. Specifically whether godhood is truly achievable and if it is, whether it would be desirable to perceive yourself to be a god.
As always, I’ll start with a definition.
noun

(in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

(in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshipped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.

“a moon god”
Here’s the dictionary definition. Now, although the dictionary addresses some of the characteristics of a god, it doesn’t truly define it to a sufficient resolution, so to speak: it doesn’t truly capture the full picture.
With that in mind, let’s consider another definition of God. The atheist definition. Ask an atheist whether god exists and they’ll answer no, obviously, but they may go on to state that any being with sufficient levels of technology could be perceived by us to be a god ( I believe it was Richard Dawkins who said that, while explaining why he would never believe in God). So from this, we conclude that the atheist definition of a God is simply a vein with control over the world around them that is so beyond our own level of control, that it is simply beyond our comprehension: people lack the capacity to understand, so they call it divine. So really divinity is simply the state of being beyond the observer’s comprehension.
So baring this in mind, what is it to become a god? Well, it’s reaching a state where by your own abilities are so advanced and intrinsic to your nature that you are unable to fully comprehend your own actions. Essentially, it’s the state of losing agency over yourself and becoming control incarnate. The state of becoming an inanimate tool that acts without being able to understand it’s own nature.
We could also view achieving godhood from the perspective of another person. Essentially, reaching the point where those around you cannot comprehend you fully. This is ultimately a useless goal, as the point at which someone perceives a god is all relative to their own power/ technology level etc. So really, we are all gods and not gods simultaneously, from the perspective of the world around us.
Anyway, so what was the point of this post? Well I suppose it was to stress the point that shooting for godhood is a pointless goal because you either end up losing all agency over yourself or end up trying to achieve something you both already achieved and will never achieve.
Become a living God is a good slogan, but you should actually aim to become the living embodiment of control; a state of understanding yourself and the world around you, while being connected enough to the energies that flow through it to manipulate it with precision and full comprehension. We are all gods to some, simpletons to others, but hopefully obvious and straightforward to ourselves.

4 Likes

I think the name itself is to appeal to the masses and their understanding of freedom and autonomy without limits.

4 Likes

Of course, yeah. I just like applying definitions like this and reasoning stuff through, from time to time.
I think that even limitless freedom and autonomy wouldn’t be desirable, since it’s limits that allow our brain to conceptualise things. It’s like trying to picture infinity: our brain simply isn’t wired for it.

2 Likes

The nature of Godhood imb is simple. It is knowing my own divinity. For me the real question is, what exactly is divinity? What does it mean?

2 Likes

I touched on it slightly here. If we apply the idea of perceiving ourselves to be/ being aware of our divinity to this definition, then we see it’s the state of being beyond our own comprehension. The state of being observed by another to possess divine qualities ie. Qualities/ abilities so beyond the observer that they cannot fully fathom them.

2 Likes

@Biffa_Bacon I like to think of it as- reaching godhood means we understand the complex universe around us, and have a good but partial understanding of the realms/ universes we cannot reach. Its the reason why I call demons “gods”, as they understand their universe/ realm/ plane of existence completely, but they do not fully understand ours. Just like we do not fully understand theirs. (Except we don’t even fully understand our own, therefor we aren’t gods yet)

2 Likes

Become an ascended master or achieve your avatar self would’ve made a crappy marketing campaign.

2 Likes

I call that ignorance. We’re ignorant of what it means to be truly divine. We’re ignorance of how powerful we truly are.

The real definition of divinity is something else. I tentatively say it’s power. But whatever information we receive is always going to be distorted by our filters. /shrug

I think the only way to truly understand our divinity is to experience it. And that’s done step-by-step, experience-by-experience.

Imb, it’s more important to understand that we have the power, the ability to create and destroy as we see fit. We have the ability to shape/mould our realities as we see fit - like a god. We need to remember who and what we are, and the power we have, and tap into it. Use it. We’re extensions of Source Energy, and we were created in its image, in a manner of speaking.

2 Likes

I suppose the key question to ask is if you became more powerful than a being you perceived to be a god, as in so powerful the god could never have even begin to imagine being that powerful, would you still consider that being to be a god?
Because if you don’t, then godhood, and by extension divinity, is clearly connected to how we see the world relative to ourselves. More specifically, what falls within what we can picture and understand.
The problem with defining what a god is, is that it’s a title we’ve created and only ever really applied to things traditionally beyond our understanding eg. Ancient people worshipping the weather as a god

1 Like

That doesn’t really work out for me. Consider Source Energy. We’re extensions of Source Energy. Source Energy knows how powerful it is. So if we’re extensions of Source Energy, why would Source Energy consider us as being less powerful than it is? The answer is, it doesn’t because it can’t. Because, that would be a contradiction. Ignorant humans, on the other hand, are prone to what you describe. Therefore, what you describe isn’t the real definition of divinity. A true god considers us to be gods too, because that is our true nature. We are gods, in human form - except, most of us have for the most part forgotten our true nature. You mention gods we perceive to be powerful - well, we’re all part of Source Energy, so there’s no difference between myself and say, Azazel, or Lucifer, at the heart of it all. When I become more powerful than Azazel for example, I know I’m not going to sit there and think, “Hmmm, that Azazel isn’t really all that…” because I recognise his power, his ability, his being, etc.

Since we make things up as we go along anyway, there can be multiple definitions for a god. :wink: That’s just one definition. Another is to know who you are and what you’re capable of doing, and that you have the right to shape your reality as you see fit, by whichever means you prefer. Like I said, understanding/knowledge comes with experience.

1 Like

Had another think and I suppose being a god is simply the state of being beyond the observer, but displaying divinity is the state of lacking limits. We have to make the distinction because one is a title and another a state.
You become existence, seep into it. You wouldn’t perceive yourself as a god, because you consist of existence itself so therefore there is nothing beyond your comprehension.
I dont know if you’ve ever tried to see a divine in their actual form, but they lack a body. They’re just a mass of simultaneous yet contradictory concepts and places. They’re not sentient, as such, more the embodiment of knowledge. For humans to call themselves gods, let alone divine, is on my opinion a misinterpretation of human nature. I discussed it a bit on an past thread I made discussing the idea of currents and our magical potential. The idea that humans have innate divinity, or even a true soul, is something I haven’t found in my necromantic work. It seems humans draw in energy throughout their life and fashion a soul from it, in the same way we charge energy with intent during a ritual. Upon death this seems to slowly fade away and may be reabsorbed by another mortal being.
I assume by source energy, you’re referring to the energy we manipulate when performing magic? If that’s the case, then what makes you think it’s sentient?
The thread I mentioned :

1 Like

Becoming a God to most means complete control, freedom w/out any limits.
I think we are in a holographic universe and we are lab rats to whoever created it. But we can escape; demons are helping us get there. In Vedic Astrology there are conjunctions, certain planetary placements that give you more of an opportunity to leave this maya.

2 Likes

Not wired for it YET. Maybe we are still evolving. Plus I believe humans were genetically altered and maybe becoming even more so: hybridization.

1 Like

Humans can’t ever fully perceive infinity because to do so would be to cast away our ability to perceive only one reality: to adopt an aspect of divinity. Doing so while maintaining a physical body would result in us being unable to fully integrate into existence, leaving us in a situation where we were unable to perceive even the world around us, due to there being no break between our layer of reality and the next.

2 Likes

I like that moth.

3 Likes

Thankyou. It’s off the cover of a book: anatomy of the soul.
Reckon your pic would make a pretty good cover for an autobiography

2 Likes

For a handsome fee I can certify your individual divinity together with a personally hand signed guarantee of eternal life or three times your money back. Act now and rest easy. Each tasteful certificate encompasses who you see yourself to be with my famous three times your money back guarantee of your eternal life – in writing and signed. So why wait? Why not give a special someone my certificate of recognition and promise?

Al.

3 Likes

I’ve never come across anything in Vedic Astrology suggesting that but I’d be interested to learn.

Based on this though, I believe the work of Kurtis Joseph truly shines here.

2 Likes

In Slavic mythology, the gods are called bog. Literally translated, bog means the giver as well as the gift given. It implies massive wealth and giving that wealth away without charge. And that’s what gods do, they have all this power and they’re not stingy with it, if you ask for it, and they have it, they will give it to you free of charge.

I think that’s pretty cool.

3 Likes