On the Name, "Ea"

hey, guys.

I know I haven’t been around much lately on here, but some times we get caught up in other things.

before I get to the meat of the matter, I’d just like to say that thus far, this is the friendliest community I’ve joined.

I once joined another community with people who were in to magic, and no less than three times I was insulted and treated abusively. and I was by no means a trouble-maker or starting any thing.

the third time that happened, I unsubscribed and never went back to that site. and these are supposed to be friendly wiccan types? seems like you black magic folk have more class and kindness than a lot of these other folk who are in to lighter forms of magic.

any how, on to the subject at hand.

I found out, completely by accident, that Ea was an ancient sumerian water god, which is also where the idea of baptism comes. this name was translated from ancient sumerian in to first greek, then latin, taking on different forms in each of the aforementioned languages.

and this name is still with us to day. its english form would be “john”. and though I haven’t confirmed this, I believe that the name “ian”, also a version of the name, “john” which is common in england, is also a form of the ancient name of “Ea”.

and remember “john the baptist”? there’s a link there.

I just thought that any one unfamiliar with the name “Ea” might find this interesting. and I know koetting must be perfectly aware of all this. : D

but for those of you who aren’t, there you are.

any how, enjoy your holidays, guys, and if I’m not here before this year is out, have a happy – and magical – new year!

qwyzl

i have found by accident that the sound EA comes out of my mouth when i’m entering the ritual state

EA EA EA EA EA EA EA EA EA EA
EA EA EA EA EA EA EA EA EA EA

but not english pronunciation, but natural sound

E

A

and that would bind me into the state of the God of Magick!!!

it resembles native american shamanistic mumbo jumbo when i do it

While I am sure he is aware of it.

The name “EA Koetting” comes from his birth name.

If I remember correctly it was “Eric Lynn Koetting” (this was later changed when he was adopted) - but he thought Lynn sounded a bit feminine so he went with his former pen name Arcturus.

Hence EA Koetting.

[quote=“DeathWish, post:3, topic:6906”]If I remember correctly it was “Eric Lynn Koetting” (this was later changed when he was adopted) - but he thought Lynn sounded a bit feminine so he went with his former pen name Arcturus.

Hence EA Koetting.[/quote]

although, eric lynn (el) is just as much of a godname as ea. el is more levantine, ea more mesopotamian

same region different countries/times.

it is pronounced YAH, and when moses was supposedly talking with ‘the burning bush’ and asked, who shall i say sent me, he was answered
YAH tell them YAH sent you."

the reason for the later, 'make no image of god oe anything in the heavens above or the earth beneath or in the seas, was they are all where EnkiEA presided, and since at the time of the writing of this would be event, as they were in babylon, if they made a pic of what Yah looked like- they would then see his images all around them, which were millenia older- thus killing the priests grounds for legitimacy.

and remeber— Sumer and Babylon, were SEMITIC nations, predating abraham by over 1000 years. Babylon is the true tree from which the abrahamic branch broke away from.

[quote=“qwyzl, post:1, topic:6906”]hey, guys.

I know I haven’t been around much lately on here, but some times we get caught up in other things.

before I get to the meat of the matter, I’d just like to say that thus far, this is the friendliest community I’ve joined.

I once joined another community with people who were in to magic, and no less than three times I was insulted and treated abusively. and I was by no means a trouble-maker or starting any thing.

the third time that happened, I unsubscribed and never went back to that site. and these are supposed to be friendly wiccan types? seems like you black magic folk have more class and kindness than a lot of these other folk who are in to lighter forms of magic.

I found out, completely by accident, that Ea was an ancient sumerian water god, which is also where the idea of baptism comes. this name was translated from ancient sumerian in to first greek, then latin, taking on different forms in each of the aforementioned languages.

and this name is still with us to day. its english form would be “john”. and though I haven’t confirmed this, I believe that the name “ian”, also a version of the name, “john” which is common in england, is also a form of the ancient name of “Ea”.

I just thought that any one unfamiliar with the name “Ea” might find this interesting. and I know koetting must be perfectly aware of all this. : D

any how, enjoy your holidays, guys, and if I’m not here before this year is out, have a happy – and magical – new year!

qwyzl[/quote]

[quote=“qwyzl, post:1, topic:6906”]hey, guys.

qwyzl[/quote] Well of course people are friendly on this forum who in hell want’s to piss off a black magician LOL. As a matter of fact lots of good movies have been based on this premise, Drag Me to Hell, Thinner, and Lord of Illusions just to name a few.

Frater Dark Matter, the Sumerians were not Semitic speakers, they wrote an agglutinative linguistic isolate, which is not hard to verify. Ea was actually the Babylonian form, while the Sumerian original was Enki (En + Ki). I honestly don’t know how the Babylonians would have pronounced Ea, but in that part of the world pronouncing it Yah might very likely be a later change to bring an older tradition more in line with the Hellenic syncretism employing the syllable IAO while using the Hebrew monotheos as a convenient cognate to the demiurge Ialdabaoth.

AdamThoth, please do take the time to post an introduction in the thread that’s stickied in the New Magicians section, it’s one of the few rules we have here but it does a lot to keep the place pure and free of spammers, trolls, and religious weirdos as opposed to magickal ones.

Well, better explain why historians archeologists etc say that Sumerians were Semitic. Does not mean they spoke semitic, just they as far as haplogroups are concerned, they predate the abrahamic groups in the semitic genes.
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumer]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumer[/url]
[url=http://www.britannica.com/place/Sumer]http://www.britannica.com/place/Sumer[/url]

however there is debate on the issue. I have been trying to track the who’s who of these cultures, and out of fatigue one could easily become a ‘sitchenite’ and call it a day.

But, semitic does not mean jew, , israelite, or any of that- if you were anti-akkadian you could be called antisemitic.

How the babylonians would have Pronounced EA, is pretty easy to figure out, not hard to find at all.

[quote=“Claidheam, post:7, topic:6906”]Frater Dark Matter, the Sumerians were not Semitic speakers, they wrote an agglutinative linguistic isolate, which is not hard to verify. Ea was actually the Babylonian form, while the Sumerian original was Enki (En + Ki). I honestly don’t know how the Babylonians would have pronounced Ea, but in that part of the world pronouncing it Yah might very likely be a later change to bring an older tradition more in line with the Hellenic syncretism employing the syllable IAO while using the Hebrew monotheos as a convenient cognate to the demiurge Ialdabaoth.

AdamThoth, please do take the time to post an introduction in the thread that’s stickied in the New Magicians section, it’s one of the few rules we have here but it does a lot to keep the place pure and free of spammers, trolls, and religious weirdos as opposed to magickal ones.[/quote]

Wikipedia isn’t exactly reflective of -competent- historians/archaelologists - that Britannica links posits Anatolia which I’ve never seen before, but it does seem an awful stretch with no significant trail of migration to follow in the archaeological record.

As far as ‘haplogroups’ go, the genetic analysis of the Permamon skeleton does not seem to have been completed, so it’s really all speculation. What we do know is that their high culture had no known precursors in terms of direct descent (they encountered Aegyptian culture after the two had already gone a long way for themselves), and that their language was a complete isolate with no known correspondents.

Semitic would be an easy option given the area’s later history, but those tribes already have their own well-attested languages, and Sumerian records indicate migration of Semitic tribes into some of the cities and only slowly being integrated before they took power later.

Of course, all kinds of -theories- can be woven from the facts that are few and far between - I speak only of what can be responsibly concluded from the facts.