Omnipotence = The Borg?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTPAQIvJ_1M

Do you think the technological singularity is the missing link to omnipotence?

Potentially. I view all scientific and medical progress as an expression of mans divine will expressed on earth. When entities like Azazel, Thoth, or Prometheus are mentioned throughout world mythologies they are always shown has bringing new knowledge to man, or helping inspire new ideas. Math was long considered a deeply occult knowledge for obvious reasons and can be seen has magical as an expression of mans divine intellect and as a divinatory tool as in numeroloy.

In the temple of Set, it is widely recognized that a very holy principle is that of “Isolate Consciousness” IE: sentience.

If the singularity empowers all of our natural faculties and leads to a sort of super sentience, then yes, man will have surpassed the gods of his mythologies. The merging of our technological advances with our biological bodies seems a natural path of manifestation for the spiritual omnipotence in man to be made a solid reality on the earth and beyond.

[quote=“Cogitation, post:2, topic:6042”]Potentially. I view all scientific and medical progress as an expression of mans divine will expressed on earth. When entities like Azazel, Thoth, or Prometheus are mentioned throughout world mythologies they are always shown has bringing new knowledge to man, or helping inspire new ideas. Math was long considered a deeply occult knowledge for obvious reasons and can be seen has magical as an expression of mans divine intellect and as a divinatory tool as in numeroloy.

In the temple of Set, it is widely recognized that a very holy principle is that of “Isolate Consciousness” IE: sentience.

If the singularity empowers all of our natural faculties and leads to a sort of super sentience, then yes, man will have surpassed the gods of his mythologies. The merging of our technological advances with our biological bodies seems a natural path of manifestation for the spiritual omnipotence in man to be made a solid reality on the earth and beyond.[/quote]

I agree. Imo, this would create a perfect world. Everyone would be equal because we’ve reached the ultimate understanding and this would allow us to finally work together and accomplish the unimaginable. I guess people fear loosing their individuality to this but what is individuality when you have the ability to perceive that you’re many at all times. Meh, just posting my current thoughts on this. I think it’s really cool and I hope it happens.

It will be interesting to see hopw it develops. Maybe it will start with people being linked to the internet and being able to download intellectual knowledge at a lightning pace. Maybe it will start with some people linking consciousness and forming factions. Time will tell. I dont know if it would even ential a loss of individuality just as there are many computers on a network but each individual machine is still itself.

I would hope that it leads to a sort of super-individuality where essentially instead of becoming a hive mind (maybe not even cooperating) certain individuals will be able to be more than human, like a cyborg with a soul.

But even more mind-blowing than that, would be if once all human thought is shared on the same “network” that the human race wakes up realizing that it is ONE being with many bodies to exert its will. We are getting into almost metaphysical territory with that.

In my worldview everything including singularity and equality of filth and unnatural, i love the old world of different opinions,hate, the fear of difference - they are all unnapreciated qualities, without there being different states of rank and separateness there in my view is nothing. It would be the same as not existing at all.

If this comes to this earth, i will wish to join on some planet where they still hate eachother and want to destroy technological advance of this earth. Hailed be that alien breed which will be the last holder of individuality and the whole scala of emotion.

There is no perfect world, good or bad - they are all human concepts… But if there is difference at least there is action and competition which means that there is life and some point for it all.

What you games are describing to me, is like videogame without any player competition and different playstyles - since i view this world kind of like videogame anyways… Don’t make it shit guys.

(Unequality is natural, animals have different ranks for an example - the world = game where everyone can compete to show how they can progress - for me that’s pretty much the point of it )

Dont worry Black Flame one’s ability to be upgraded into the singularity will probably be largely dependent on money like evreything else. Which means there will be ample opportunity for divisiveness, hate, fear, and eugenics of all sorts. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahh nice, i will put my money on individuality.

I don’t mean to sound overly hateful, but i feel like if there was just some perfect world there would actually just be neutral world where there is sort of nothing going on : D

I’m sure there will be plenty of things to hate in this lifetime Black Flame. I think the concept behind this is beautiful, everyone being Gods but the sad thing is the majority of mankind would probably resist this. I think this would save our race, giving us the ability to be more focused on things that are truly important for the advancement and survival of our species. Like I said before, we would finally have what it takes to work together.

Sure the individuality thing is a matter of question, I don’t know if the concept of individuality would completely dissolve if everyone reached the understanding of oneness but I think it would help people become more selfless.

I think the idea of becoming a living god is more than id thinking and selfish fulfillment because a true living god never dies. Imo, it is in this direction the black magician can guarantee the preservation of his/her consciousness after death because it will literally be saved in a file for his return. It will cut out all the bullshit of trying to remember who you are after being reincarnated and all the learning everything over again that goes along with it. There are tons of grimoires out there that allude to this, even EA’s soul travel course kind of talks about possessing a foetus. This is just after death theory to me. The technological singularity is a friggin guarantee in my book. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is no selflesness, every action taken is selfish anyways - if you help someone, you expect to be more respected and you might be helped later… So whether or not i did support the singularity and survival of mankind i would still be as selfish.

But difference is what makes world beautiful, without difference there is no attraction… So i embrace having different opinions and separateness, then we can temporarily bounce back an forth from eachother we can still love and enjoy eachother but we can go back to ourselves too - that is living, up,down,middle - not just one giant middle which this kind of things pretty much sound to me.

I actually sort of like the people who are trying to stop technological developement, when i think about what lame technology could produce - i still think that there are nice things like stuff that helps crippled people and so on… And of course these magnificent creatures called pc.

But i don’t want my possible future children to live in some sort of technological abomination where everyone is connected to the “god pc” thru their microchips. They wouldn’t be what i view as human, my human is not part of some beehive or antnest that gives its life for the good of society, human is someone who competes and makes alliances and enemies with other humans - that’s just healthy imo.

[quote=“Black Flame, post:9, topic:6042”]There is no selflesness, every action taken is selfish anyways - if you help someone, you expect to be more respected and you might be helped later… So whether or not i did support the singularity and survival of mankind i would still be as selfish.

But difference is what makes world beautiful, without difference there is no attraction… So i embrace having different opinions and separateness, then we can temporarily bounce back an forth from eachother we can still love and enjoy eachother but we can go back to ourselves too - that is living, up,down,middle - not just one giant middle which this kind of things pretty much sound to me.

I actually sort of like the people who are trying to stop technological developement, when i think about what lame technology could produce - i still think that there are nice things like stuff that helps crippled people and so on… And of course these magnificent creatures called pc.

But i don’t want my possible future children to live in some sort of technological abomination where everyone is connected to the “god pc” thru their microchips. They wouldn’t be what i view as human, my human is not part of some beehive or antnest that gives its life for the good of society, human is someone who competes and makes alliances and enemies with other humans - that’s just healthy imo.[/quote]

I feel ya and I get there is no such thing as selflessness. Every form of action is selfishness, but the idea of what selflessness represents is what I’m talking about. Lol. Sorry for the confusion.

I guess the only thing I’m debating on the matter is Godhood in general. I think a real God would be collective because it’s one and many at the same time. Man is limited in comparison to a God. If we’re striving to become gods in a literal sense wouldn’t this kind of perfection be alien to us? Even if I’m entirely wrong about the technological singularity the idea of being a God in a mythological sense is so far from human capabilities/understanding that it would be alien to us no matter how we look at it.

Gods aren’t concerned with getting a promotion at work or finding a mate because they just are. The ideas presented in current paradigms that strive for Godhood only makes sense to us because we’ve placed human limitations on our perception of Godhood. Gods exist without limitations. If individuality was important to the Gods they would have set the record straight on who or what they actually are and what they represent to all the people who make up things as they go.

If they exist they are obviously not concerned with self image because they are part of a bigger picture that we are unable to perceive at this time. This is why everyone is either clueless or they’re all right concerning unverified gnosis because the “Gods” are one and many at the same time. I think this explains why many of our deities have many faces or masks.

These “gods” have the ability to be collective and devolve into forms that we can understand through human interaction. It is our perception of them that makes them seem human. I think this is why they only exist to us in present interaction because they would dissolve into a state of non being after they’ve been dismissed. This can be applied to us. We can be one and many, devolve and pursue selfish ends as well. The point I’m trying to get at is when you know everything the only act of selfishness that seems relevant would be helping those who are lesser than you. When we seek council from the Daemons, Gods, ect. isn’t that what they’re doing for us?

I guess if we were ever going to become like “them” it would be something different then we would consider to be “human”.

I respectfully but thoroughly disagree! :slight_smile:

Odin strvied (strives still IMO) for things like knowledge and power, and he seduces, lies, and cheats; Zeus rapes maidens and has children with them; Isis, one of THE most powerful gods over the recorded history of millenia, saw her brother/husband murdered, and had to struggle to bandage him back up, attaching a manufactured golden phallus when his was never found, in order to conceive a son (Horus the younger) to avenge his death. That would be one busy year for most of us!

Set was impotent and his wife Nephthys had to get pregnant elsewhere, Hathor/Sekhmet lost her shit completely and went on a killing spree until her father tricked her into getting drunk and passing out… similar tales of Jerry Springer-esue stuff (battles, kidnaps, rapes, incest and infanticide) are written into the tale of the gods of all cultures I’m aware of. Ganesha got his head cut off and had to replace it with that of an elephant!

The only god that claims to be above it all is that loony middle eastern muppet that leads its people to believe they’ll go to hell for, variously, masturbating, not covering their heads (women anyway), and insists rape is fine if the rapist marries his victim.

There is no non-monotheistic pantheon I’m aware of where the gods don’t have their own challenges though, and their own limitations?

I respectfully but thoroughly disagree! :slight_smile:

Odin strvied (strives still IMO) for things like knowledge and power, and he seduces, lies, and cheats; Zeus rapes maidens and has children with them; Isis, one of THE most powerful gods over the recorded history of millenia, saw her brother/husband murdered, and had to struggle to bandage him back up, attaching a manufactured golden phallus when his was never found, in order to conceive a son (Horus the younger) to avenge his death. That would be one busy year for most of us!

Set was impotent and his wife Nephthys had to get pregnant elsewhere, Hathor/Sekhmet lost her shit completely and went on a killing spree until her father tricked her into getting drunk and passing out… similar tales of Jerry Springer-esue stuff (battles, kidnaps, rapes, incest and infanticide) are written into the tale of the gods of all cultures I’m aware of. Ganesha got his head cut off and had to replace it with that of an elephant!

The only god that claims to be above it all is that loony middle eastern muppet that leads its people to believe they’ll go to hell for, variously, masturbating, not covering their heads (women anyway), and insists rape is fine if the rapist marries his victim.

There is no non-monotheistic pantheon I’m aware of where the gods don’t have their own challenges though, and their own limitations?[/quote]

I agree but disagree with you. I think our understanding of what “god” is needs to change if we’re going to move forward into our own self-godhood. Man created all of these stories about the gods because he believed in something more. In order to make things interesting and believable man placed human limitations on the gods so it would make sense to others. If these gods existed wouldn’t they be known throughout mankind for their current battles and adventures going on today?

I personally believe in something more but I also feel like the stories from these old paradigms don’t apply to man today with our advancements in technology and our current understanding of science. I think the philosophy of oneness is the closet explanation of what a god truly is and the possibilities of what the technological singularity could bring us would be the most satanic thing man could do in opposition to the “god(s)”.

I somewhat agree with what this guy has to say about old paradigms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnKg70lNCGU

So i guess by god c.j means something like the christian/jewish/muslim idea of 1 “all mighty creator” who is everywhere and all, but still sort of is this guy who gives 10 commandments and stuff.

Well i never thought that we are striving to be that here, i thought become a living god meant becoming greatest version of yourself and also spiritual ascent + abilities considered magical.

Merging into one “great god” seems very strange and pointless idea for me, i believe that those gods what i call gods who have struggled more or less to earn their position are powerful spirits and capable of many things - from love to war and beyond.

But they are - lots of us find meaning in those archetypes, and find ways to excel through seeing them.

Please propose, if you have time/inclination, your model for what a god is, because I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing? :slight_smile:

The classical polytheistic gods I referred to above have needs, flaws, etc - the supposed all-seeing all-powerful “Big-G God” based on that middle-eastern thing (Aten, Yahweh, Allah, etc) claim to be free of all differentiating qualities, and certainly don’t have a rep for going round shagging swans, and yet it loses its shit and starts damning its “children” to hell forever if a bare-headed woman wearing men’s pants eats a bacon sandwich she cooked herself on a Friday night, or indeed with anyone, man or woman, young or old, if they don’t “believe” enough.

What’s your definition of becoming a Living God? There’s probably no way to ask questions online that doesn’t read like it has “nyah!” added at the end. but this doesn’t! :slight_smile:

Just askin’ coz I drew mine out long ago.

Mine is to command the powers classically attributed to the gods (not that middle eastern brat) whilst still walking round, in the flesh, on this earth.

But we all have different goals and (as Black Flame stated) “equality” isn’t one of them for all of us - anyway just wondering what this means for you personally? :slight_smile:

Video: I don’t really “get” the stuff he says about Goetia because it wasn’t any part of my upbringing, so it’s not some huge big icon to me, and yes most people in the past were dead by thirty and drank beer for breakfast, so that was predictably awful - like taking the local roiugh nightclub, and putting the most stuck up (because the aristocracy back then had seriously bad attitudes to other people’s right to be heard) in charge of the world.

For all he says, some “demons” do look fucking weird, and I found this true of “spirits” back when I shunned all Abrahamic-influenced stuff and just did the core shamanism thing, which is mostly devoid of cultural influence - presumably our mammalian ideals of symmetry and stuff, they don’t matter to them.

But still, I wonder if we could reach the levels of the “mediaeval” he so despises - rightly in SOME ways, I agree re: medical textbooks, etc - if we lost our electricity, our food imports and shipments to supermarkets, and our clean water, for 3 years… people in those days survived in a tough and unforgiving world most of us would be fucked by!

And every ancient magician in the Xian era faced threats that made a bit of trolling and doxing, even vanning, our modern internet ways to harass people we don’t approve of, seem like pussycat piddle.

@ Black Flame, IMO any kind of merger and resulting loss of self = RHP to me, I’ve been there and didn’t like it much, they had no pudding and no octopusses! :slight_smile:

Sorry I skimmed over this but I guess it’s a different area to what I was wondering about with the become a LIVING god model - you can have this, it’s the feeling you get with what’s variously described as samadhi, merger, whatever - you realise that 1. the consciousness inside you is the same consciousness inside everything else and 2. they’re all reflections of your own actual personality, at least the ones most relevcant to you.

This is also the deeper meaning in the RW card 3 of Cups (not sure about the other decks, I’m no Tarot expert).

We partake in a deep drink from the same cup - of life, inspirations, and flawed intoxication with the external.

@ black flame I’m saying that the all power, source, gods, goddesses, demons, angels ect ect can’t be limited to our perception of individualization. Even the christian view of god is limited.

I guess I’m coming from the stance that it’s time for man to define spirituality for himself instead of looking to medieval understandings to define the current concept of spiritualism.

Bacon is mandatory in my heaven - sign up now for the extended afterlife care plan! :smiley:

Hey so I started a new topic about what we’d do if we woke up tomorrow as literal Living Gods, here, so I don’t derail c.j.lee’s thread. :slight_smile:

The source isn’t something i’d like to be, and by god i personally don’t mean that. Who knows maybe there are even many sources, are they all at the same time the one and the same? who knows… But i let the source and allness be itself, and i see individual striving and victories something worth figthing for :smiley:

Well, this is starting to go towards rambling and pointless debating from my side so i’ll stop here - i guess i made myself clear enough already.

Time to carry on with something else.

After the technological singularity. Seeing this video I can’t help but think about Karlsson’s work and how the sphere Thaumiel leads to black holes and out of this universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2Xwy0ODymw