Offerings

So I have an irrational fear of cutting myself
I can hold and use a knife on anything but myself
I don’t like it when a blade is near my skin.
Even shaving would be difficult if I were to use the old razors where the blade is exposed
So offering blood to any spirit or my incubus can be difficult if I haven’t bitten skin off my fingers
So I wanted to know if there was anything else I could offer that wasn’t blood I would get from cutting myself
It would be very helpful if I had some alternatives
Thank you

2 Likes

Food and drink is popular. Try that. Some spirits even have certain preferances too. Another thing that you’ll see often is certain types of flora, incense, crafted goods, ect. Hell you can even do simple things like coins, books, bones, there’s no end to what you can offer really.

3 Likes

Thats lots of choices give to you, thanks deciver … and i would like to add you can still give blood using diabetic Lancets.

They are really helpful… but please follow what feels best for u @Jimmy_Kudo

2 Likes

Thank you @Deceiver and @Fallen_Human
I’ll be sure to keep those in mind and find what suits me and my incubus best as well as possible future spirits

The sap from Blood root could be a good substitute if it grows where you are. Just two things about it though, check laws about it, you can get in trouble for desterbing particular native plants. Also becarfull if you are able to use it, some people have a skin sensitivity to the sap.

2 Likes

I don’t think it grows where I am since I’ve never heard of it
But I’ll have a look

I wouldn’t use a knife either, it’s unnecessary to open such a large wound and risk infection, and I hate the sensation of being cut.
Try sterile diabetic lancets, doesn’t hurt, you can just prick your little finger, gives plenty of drops, with low risk because they’re clean.

Personally I prefer 20 gauge sterile hypodermic needles (you can get them on ebay) for the bigger hole because I do like a lot of blood, and the lancets don’t quite satisfy that. But they’re just as easy to use.

Or use spit or other bodily fluids.

2 Likes

It doesn’t have to be blood! I gather my hair and offer that! Also you can charge candles with bodily fluid and oils, add the spirit name and offer that!
You can get creative with offerings! Its the energy you put into it thats matter!

3 Likes

What if I don’t know their name
Cause I don’t know my incubus’ name yet

1 Like

Give them a nickname and tell them you will call them that until they reveal their true name! If you aren’t comfortable with nickname then just write “my incubus”

1 Like

Offer food , incense , something you like , write stories for a spirit , amongst other things , imagine giving a gift to a physical friend or a girlfriend .

2 Likes