Offerings to Spirits

When u leave an offering to a spirit how long do u leave it out for ? Ive left offerings but for spirits like the Orishas. You leave them flowers or anything else that they like. But u put it on the objected consecrated with their energy. Where do u leave offerings for a demon? And how long do u leave it out. Can u use divination tools to talk to the demons or spirits lije chamolongos, pieces of coconuts?

I always come to terms with the spirit for what they. Like you said, I use divination (channeling or black mirror) to see how long they want me to leave the offering if it is to be left on an altar. For example Hecate instructed me to pour wine once a week and let it sit on Her altar until the next day and when I visit Her altar again to remove the wine.

I just got finished with an offering to Paimon which I had to leave in a very specific place he showed me. And I left it there, not to return to that spot.

It all depends on what the spirit wants and what you are comfortable giving. But I would say a little divination never hurts.

Between 12 and 24h is fine usually.

Depends on what the spirit requests, there really is no general guideline. Like Orismen said.

Some can be daily, some longer. Depends on the entity and also the nature of your workings with them.

What I do is (until I can speak to spirits) burn a candle of their associated color,burn some incense,and a whole lotta blood! You can never go wrong with blood.Or if it’s a sexual spirit semen.

Depends on what the spirit requests, there really is no general guideline. Like Orismen said.[/quote]

that is why I said “usually” :slight_smile:
this is a very generic guideline. Ofc it depends on other factors