Offerings, Before or After, if At All?

Giving before and mentioning I’ll give more once the task is completed gives me good results

I don’t worship, just like giving something in return

If the task will last a loong time, or feel special gratitude towards the spirit, I may randomly give offerings several times. This sometimes creates a bond and then the spirit may help you without you directly asking for help if he/she knows you need help

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. :+1:

1 Like

Offerings are generally of 2 types. 1- To create a strong relationship which is a fancy word of saying everyday U R taking in a bit of its essence in by offering it daily. Same as mantra chanting, or visualizing urself as the deity.

2- As an exchange to get things done. Or As a thanks giving.

Generally it is better not 2 confuse this 2. For example if U want to create a strong relationship and imbibe the essence of health by daily offering incense to Raphael do it daily. Now in the case of emergency where U need 2 heal someone evoking him, U can Pour water for the extra that he did (healing the person) .

In the second case always do it as a deal, an exchange . If the work is not done , no need 2 offer water for that day.

2 Likes

I appreciate the extra info about Raphael @Goku as I was intending on working with him eventually.

1 Like

Interesting thread. I’m new to this but I have given an offering because I’m thankful for the work done. It feels…unappreciative to just say “thanks” and not offer something in return. I see these as real relationships, so even if it’s not technically required, I think it helps my relationship with that spirit.

Ever since I gave my last offering to Clauneck, whom I’m working with actively right now, I’ve gotten all sorts of random things that weren’t even part of the agreement.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your experiences @Melektoth, I was hopeful to hear how this influences the works of others. I agree that there is a relationship that seems to form with the entities we choose to work with. Just as giving a gift to a human friend isn’t required, it is a nice thing to do to strengthen your connection with that person/spirit/entity.