Odd feeling

Greetings Folks,

I would like to clear a small doubt with you folks and that is, while I’m evoking (reciting of conjurations for the spirit to manifest) I begin to feel very sleepy and my eyes often droop and I feel like I need to lay my head down on the altar. Could it be just me being tired or is it a sign that I’m approaching rapture or progressing deeper into the T/G sync?

Pazuzu

You could just be tired, I’ve never had anything exactly like that happen myself but we all have different body chemistry and energy levels.

It happens to me when I am overworked both physically and magickally, when I have been pushing my body to new magickal limits or forcing myself to stay awake too long and crashing for long periods of time to make up for it, eventually it catches up to me and until I go to bed on time every night for 7-10 days straight and take it easy, lay off the magick for a while and get back to normal, this will not cease and I find myself suddenly falling asleep at my altar or during even the most basic meditations that require only a very light trance state.

Sounds like you may be overworked or exhausted in some way, if not physically, have you been doing an excessive amount of magick lately or just more so than usual? Have you been doing a lot of chakra or kundalini work? If I suddenly increase the amount of magick I do for whatever reason and am doing it way more than usual, I fall asleep like that too and it will not stop happening until I rest and recover. Magick can be harder on your body than you may realize.

Eric says something about that in one of his books. I think that is when you are supposed to start summoning harder because the spirit is close.

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:3, topic:6441”]It happens to me when I am overworked both physically and magickally, when I have been pushing my body to new magickal limits or forcing myself to stay awake too long and crashing for long periods of time to make up for it, eventually it catches up to me and until I go to bed on time every night for 7-10 days straight and take it easy, lay off the magick for a while and get back to normal, this will not cease and I find myself suddenly falling asleep at my altar or during even the most basic meditations that require only a very light trance state.

Sounds like you may be overworked or exhausted in some way, if not physically, have you been doing an excessive amount of magick lately or just more so than usual? Have you been doing a lot of chakra or kundalini work? If I suddenly increase the amount of magick I do for whatever reason and am doing it way more than usual, I fall asleep like that too and it will not stop happening until I rest and recover. Magick can be harder on your body than you may realize.[/quote]

I usually evoke in the morning after having a good night’s sleep so I doubt it could be that I’m physically tired. I haven’t been doing magick heavily for now, so that can’t be the issue as well. I only reach that stage midway into the evocation, when I begin to gaze at the sigil and start to call the spirit to come.

Well sometimes the spirits energy, as they are approaching, can have odd effects on your body. I’ve known or heard of people who (when the spirit is approaching) feel tired, get a sudden headache, get extreme hot flashes and sweats, and in extreme cases especially with demons or necronomicon spirits some have even vomited or fainted.

Maybe the spirits energy is to blame? I’ve had that happen during an evocation once before, felt tired and got a bad headache and I apologized to the spirit for rudely falling asleep on him so much and I asked the spirit if he could materialize in a way that was not so hard on my body and just then his image faded out a little but I was suddenly awake again and able to speak to him.

[quote=“RavensAscent, post:6, topic:6441”]Well sometimes the spirits energy, as they are approaching, can have odd effects on your body. I’ve known or heard of people who (when the spirit is approaching) feel tired, get a sudden headache, get extreme hot flashes and sweats, and in extreme cases especially with demons or necronomicon spirits some have even vomited or fainted.

Maybe the spirits energy is to blame? I’ve had that happen during an evocation once before, felt tired and got a bad headache and I apologized to the spirit for rudely falling asleep on him so much and I asked the spirit if he could materialize in a way that was not so hard on my body and just then his image faded out a little but I was suddenly awake again and able to speak to him.[/quote]

That something odd regarding me. When i perform an evocation i feel very calm suddenly, doesn,t matter how nervous or agitated i feel before,and after i feel full of energy. Last time when i evoked Bune in front of my face,only there, I noticed a very cold air like a cloud ,all doors and windows closed.