Occult Based Tv Shows

Makes sense Orismen, Grant Morrison is not one to hide that he has a deep interest in the occult. I recently learned of him working with Kevin Smith (Silent Bob, from Jay and Silent Bob and The Clerks series) on a project called Fatman Batman and he was talking about his recent supernatural experiences and sigil magick.

The Originals is a series set in New Orleans, centered around a family of the original vampires (get it?) along with Witches and Werewolves, lots of witchery in pretty authentic looking cemeteries is enough to make it by guilty pleasure. It’s a spinoff of Vampire Diaries so if you watch it you’ll recognize some characters. Season 1 is already on Netflix, season 3 is coming up probably in september, so season 2 will be on netflix soon too.

I’ll give another vote for Salem too, great costumes, lots of witchery, very little historical accuracy. I haven’t seen season 2 yet, hoping it’s released on dvd soon.

[quote=“The Cusp, post:11, topic:5933”]Occult wise, “Constantine” is probably the best show out there so far.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNPIG40KcbU]- YouTube

its a shame NBC canceled it… you know what, we could do some magic to get it back on the air you know :slight_smile:

[quote=“WiseManEcho, post:23, topic:5933”][quote=“The Cusp, post:11, topic:5933”]Occult wise, “Constantine” is probably the best show out there so far.

its a shame NBC canceled it… you know what, we could do some magic to get it back on the air you know ^__^[/quote]

Might be worth a shot to do that with a few shows. They’ve had petitions going for a while now to get The Secret Circle and Wistches of East End back on the air and so TSC has far surpassed the number of required signatures to become an official petition and WOEE is almost there but so far no TV networks have accepted. Netflix has taken over a few shows when the subscribers made a petition and said they would watch it on there, wonder if we could target Netflix? They took over the Trailer Park Boys.

[quote=“WiseManEcho, post:23, topic:5933”][quote=“The Cusp, post:11, topic:5933”]Occult wise, “Constantine” is probably the best show out there so far.

its a shame NBC canceled it… you know what, we could do some magic to get it back on the air you know ^__^[/quote]

We could’ve done the same thing for Forever.

@Ravensascent,another awesome show featuring a characters with supernatural powers. “Believe” with Johnny Sequoyah and other people. It was a grear show. A shame thet cancelled.

1 Like

Just finished watching this entire series over the course of a couple of months. Interesting stuff, gave me food for thought. Sometimes it seemed like Christian propaganda but overall some intriguing stuff. It reminded me of how easy it is to open doors if you know what you’re doing, and how difficult it is to close them if you don’t. I make a conscious effort to try not to open any new doors these days in my home because I have others in the house I have to take into consideration, but if I lived alone I would have no problem blowing open portals, which apparently I am able to do, and seeing what I could create a doorway for.

Now watching Paranormal Witness, which is more of the same.

Its not about the Occult(Cop investigation) but the Main Character is Lucifer, the Show is Named LUCIFER. And the show is pretty Funny to watch, You should see my Parents when they here Lucifer prononced like 20 times in an Hour they are like… But now my Mother watchings the Show, i found it useful to deprogram Christian Dogma…

2 Likes

Oh I’ve heard of it. My father, the pastor, nearly flipped when he saw it on Tv. He said “this world is turning more demonic and evil every single day!” I had to go in the other room and laugh.

1 Like

Supernatural is one of my favorite shows, and the Winchesters have both shown up in my dreams as guides to me about different things happening in my life, especially Dean!

If you’re into books, the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher are pretty fantastic. However, don’t watch the single-season fiasco that was the Dresden Files tv series, that was just BAD

2 Likes

Carnivàle HBO

Catweazle, because the two series sparked my earliest interests in Magick.

Al.

Has anyone seen “Preacher” yet? The first series was good , may have to binge watch the 2nd…

I’m surprised no one mentioned Grimm - reasonably entertaining but very uneven plotting.

True Blood? The ending of that series was a total let down.

It’s funny, but I watched the tv show first( It’s actually what got me into searching for the books ironically) I liked the thought of a wizard detective solving cases for people. For what it’s worth, the special effects weren’t that great bcuz of the low budget, but I liked the premise and the character. The books definitely blow the show away though!

I love that show! It’s actually pretty funny too :stuck_out_tongue:

I read the books first, and got really pissed off at the casting choices in the show, lol. I’m not really a hardcore “book is always better” person, but this was a case of “hollywood book murder” lololol

1 Like

Yeah the casting was nothing like the book. I liked what they did with BOB tho!

Its a bit campy, but I loved Merlin on Netflix streaming video. I think it has five seasons.

I highly recommend American Horror Story, Coven. Coven is season three or something like that. It was awesome.

There are others that are more teenager-ish like Secret Circle and others. I am sure more will come to mind later.

Oh, and you have to watch The Craft and Practical Magic, both of which I am fairly certain are on streaming vid on Netflix.

2 Likes

Merlin was awesome! I also recently found another gem called Strange Angel based off of Jack Parson’s life. I really enjoyed the first season and recommend it without resignation \m/

I don’t watch TV but I can I Rec some good movies

The Craft
Constantine
Evil Dead 1 and 2
Rosemary’s Baby
Devils Rejects
Hocus Pocus
VVitch aka Witch
Babadook
The Conjuring 1 and 2
Insidious
Labyrinth
The Lost Boys
Red State
Tusk

These are some flicks with occultish themes for ya…

2 Likes

If you hate the church I would suggest watching the movie Red State…

1 Like