OAA / Evocation question

That is actually my goal, to work through MM in 6-12/months, as well as The Osiris Scroll by Farrell, which is an Egyptian take of Abramelin.

1 Like

Currently on third chapter of MM and reading through first chap of TOS. And nearing receipt of first flame.

That is a very worthy goal. Libber MM isn’t as intensive as Franz Bardon’s Initiation into Hermetics, but it is progressive and will very much develop the mind states necessary for magick.

1 Like

Especially if you split it into six months work, by chap 1/7, 2/8, 3/9, 4/10, 5/11, 6/12. That way by air grade you are also doing evocation.

1 Like

@DarkestKnight … Was just thinking about a LHP approach to MM … Make all kaballah references qlippoth references, pentagrams inverted pentagrams , and so on.

That’s not a LHP approach. All you’re doing is inverting things. Simply reversing pentagrams and changing Sephiroth to Qlippoth does not make what you are doing LHP. YOU make it Left Hand. Changing things to the inverse can disrupt the whole energetic framework of whatever you’re doing, and cut out the living magick from the ritual.

The LHP is, to me at least, more about how you approach things. You can call the Watchtowers and the angels in a left hand way just as well as if you replaced them with demons. Watch the video of EA calling the Watchtowers. He doesn’t replace the angels with demons, but approaches the whole ritual with a Left Hand mindset.

I have a PDF copy of Liber MM and there is no Kabbalah references or need for pentagrams at all, so I’m not sure what you’re referencing. MM is all about trance and image concentration, and learning to get into the mindset.

1 Like

Kraigs modern magick? There are loads of Qabalah references and pentagram/LBRP references.

Oh, sorry, my bad. I thought you meant Carol’s Liber MM.

Yes, there is a lot of kabbalah stuff in Modern Magick because it’s Golden Dawn derived Western Ceremonial Magick, and all of it is necessary for the system to work.

Changing the Sephiroth to Qlippoth and pentagrams to inverse, would break apart everything you are trying to accomplish. You can’t just insert whatever you want into a system and expect it to work properly. You need to learn the system as it is first, before you start tinkering with it. Otherwise, you’re not going to get anywhere.

All the innovators of magick, like Crowley, and Spare, they learned the traditional system first, before they started trying ways to make it better. Before creating Jeet Kune Do, Bruce Lee mastered the traditional art of Wing Chun, because It wasn’t until he knew it inside and out, that he could see its limitations. EA learned the traditional methods of magick before he started creating his own system. See the pattern?

2 Likes

I was about to ask why, but now see.
Thank you from steering me away from another dead end :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are welcome, my friend. That is what we are all here for, to learn and to get better :slight_smile:

2 Likes