Nut up or shut up

Something I learned recently is that until we reach a state of non attachment the power we have is nothing. Even your own will binds your power, it needs to be given over and all attachments burned in hell fire. Until the physical, mental, and spiritual bodies are destroyed you are bound. The godself will manifest from the ashes You once inhabited… Later own in the left hand path your attachments and the things you think you cannot live without are going to hold you back. We as humans fear the unknown, when we should put our faith into it and know that as Gods our needs will be brought to us by these powers. Destroy the kingdoms you have built and destroy yourselves, then rise from the ashes into eternal liberation and unbound power.

Interesting synchronicity necromaster I have just been reading last night in my BOA very similar information when EA talked of the need for the threefold path to godhood being through evocation, damnation, and renunciation which I have been thinking a lot about…It is just over a year ago a serious of unfortunate events brought me to almost the brink of homelessness and i was penniless and without income…Some months before this I had been thinking if I didnt have all the blessings and position I have now who would I be? Within months I lost everything, and often wondered if it was a case of be careful what you wish for…

Like many others it was at this point I turned to my old interest in the occult and found EAs works…I had by this time renounced all belief in ideologies, philosophies, illusions of social reality, and most importantly the myth of myself that had emerged…

Getting to the point - last week I evoked Belial for the second time despite all ‘sensible’ advice to leave well alone if your not a very experienced evocator. I also Astrally evoked Azazel two days later. Now I still cannot communicate directly with summoned entities but I know they respond and recieve impressions and ideas in a hazy way during ritual. Part of my bargain was to post this and encourage those who like me may doubt what they cannot see. Two weeks away from my current contract ending and being penniless again I asked for very specific things…A new lucrative contract which would give me the capacity to get a new property on my own where I will have the ability to carry out daily practice and ritual. Within days I had been approached by two agencies and had two interviews. One was just confirmed and is lucrative enough I can get a property and now set up my own company as I wanted to. I wont say any more about what my side of the agreement was, but I dont post this to say see how great I am. On the contrary six months ago I was a bum to all intents and puposes.

So yes necromaster…forget all that was in the fires of renunciation and damnation - and put our faith in our own Godhood and the ability to harness the powers of the infernal and celestial kingdoms. There is no limit but our imaginations and the realisation that we are the architects of our own reality. I now believe in nothing but the plasticity of consciousness and the universe that our will and intent creates for us. Am I damned? Probably. Am I as somone said today harder than I used to be? Doubtless. Am I better off? Fuck yes. I believe in nothing and so now have access to everything.

edit: I am however still attached to the idea of non attachment! Damn it.

I had the insight recently that attachment creates the possibility in the mind of doubt, because it creates a potential binary state, by there being the wanted, attached-to outcome which by definition allows for the existance of the unwanted, failed outcome. Along the lines of Hindu descriptions of the Source as being “without qualities” - because to be one thing by definition means to NOT be another thing.

I think this is why so many “law of attraction” type teachers emphasise living with the feeling and clear mental images etc of the thing you desire, surrounding yourself with pictures of it and so on, and to live as far as possible as though you already have it, because that way every sense of the body is telling you it has already happened and that blocks doubt from creeping in, among other things.

I’ve had good results sometimes with that LOA type stuff despite it being pretty mainstream and I think there’s always value in looking to a different paradigm for an answer, I’d be interested if anyone has an opinion on my insight above or has a deeper insight to share please? It’s entirely possible that I’m missing something.

Very good way to put it Necromaster! Thank you for that.

I was heavily possessed by Abaddon when I wrote this. Not really something I would follow these days lol

I had the insight recently that attachment creates the possibility in the mind of doubt, because it creates a potential binary state, by there being the wanted, attached-to outcome which by definition allows for the existance of the unwanted, failed outcome. Along the lines of Hindu descriptions of the Source as being “without qualities” - because to be one thing by definition means to NOT be another thing.

I think this is why so many “law of attraction” type teachers emphasise living with the feeling and clear mental images etc of the thing you desire, surrounding yourself with pictures of it and so on, and to live as far as possible as though you already have it, because that way every sense of the body is telling you it has already happened and that blocks doubt from creeping in, among other things.

I’ve had good results sometimes with that LOA type stuff despite it being pretty mainstream and I think there’s always value in looking to a different paradigm for an answer, I’d be interested if anyone has an opinion on my insight above or has a deeper insight to share please? It’s entirely possible that I’m missing something.[/quote]
As you have said, attachments both arise from and lead to expectations… and when those expectations are not met, it leads to a state of suffering… indeed, the state of attachment itself is a state of suffering, though in a more indirect way… attachments come from suffering and also lead to suffering… it can also cause identity issues if you define yourself by things which are not you. For example, if you became homeless tomorrow, how would you feel? In a state of non-attachment you would go about your business as if homelessness was all that ever existed and always will… because you didn’t need your home anyway… everything you need is within… and that’s what it comes down to… internal vs external perceptions…

I’d be more intersted in exploring what would happen if I became the legal owner of a very large mansion in the nicest, poshest part of my city tomorrow, and how I would feel about that - in a state of non-attachment, I’d go about my business as if that mansion were all that existed for me, and always will… because I didn’t need anything less, and the mansion was always within me.

That’s because I’m mainly interested in ways to make reality act towards me as I can make things act in a daydream, eg if I wanted to daydream about meeting Rudolph Valentino and having sex with him on a beach, I’d neither doubt my ability to dream it, nor be overly attached to it (by the clingy definition of “attached” which carries doubt and fear of loss on the flipside).

I’m not interested in the line of focus whereby, since we want (for example) a home to feel safe and have a degree of security, all we need to do is find that safety and sense of security within, taking our hands off the steering wheel of life and accepting that whatever happens to us is for the greater good, because (to my current way of thinking, having dabbled with that mindset for a while) that’s the path of renunciation and I’m not interested in going where it goes right now. I recall reading a Hindu guru who said that if you once start to renounce the “outer” material world, it will renounce you back even harder, so don’t even dabble with it until that renunciation BOTH ways becomes the only thing you desire.

It’s not for me, and from the state of total non-attachment, neither a mansion nor a gutter are any different, so I might as well have the one with the gold taps, four-poster beds, and the big bay windows. :slight_smile:

Though, as you said at the end, the mansion is a gutter and the gutter is a mansion. In a state of non-attachment there would be neither pleasure nor pain, rich nor poor, good nor bad, easy nor difficult, etc (as those perceptions arise from attachment)… and so you have to ask, why the preference? I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with having a preference, but within this context it doesn’t make sense. As they are both seen equally, there shouldn’t be a preference for either or the other.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:7, topic:685”]That’s because I’m mainly interested in ways to make reality act towards me …

I’m not interested in the line of focus whereby, since we want (for example) a home to feel safe and have a degree of security, all we need to do is find that safety and sense of security within, taking our hands off the steering wheel of life…[/quote]

The part about ‘taking your hands off the steering wheel’ is an illusion. Working within your example, if you find a true and honest (which is important - it cannot be a delusion) inner sense of safety and security, then merely by the way you are resonating you will manifest change in the world around you - the universe will bend to your Will - and thus, your space will become safe and secure because YOU are safe and secure. Essentially you end up manifesting change indirectly rather than directly, though the outcome is the same.

Yeah… non-attachment, non-duality and renunciation are in essence the same thing. There’s no need to turn against the world, though… really, you’re just renouncing all of the false parts of your self which are illusory in nature. All your perceptions, beliefs, desires and the like… Once you cut through all of that bullshit you come to realize who you truly are… you realize that you’re already a God… and so I see the path as being not so much about attaining or achieving anything, but remembering and embodying who you are whilst within the physical vehicle… which ties back to OP.

For me, the preference is because from that state, I (evidently) chose to manifest as the person I am now, writing this, with the parentage, the nature/nurture combo that made me what I am in the era I am (eg when gold taps mean anything, they wouldn’t have done 600 years ago, and may not 600 years in the future).

I was in utter despair and very seriously contemplating suicide quite a few years back when I first started having these experiences of total non-attachment/non-preference etc, and what I took away from them was the “me” who’d backed herself into a corner of despair could simply manifest herself differently by choosing different thoughts and actions.

I’m happy with who I am and what I want, and poverty and hardship of the most terrible kinds have already been done in my family in the past 3 or 4 generations, so it’s time to dabble in some new experiences, especially since the society around me all tend to make out that poverty is desirable and virtuous, and wealth must belong only to a very few.

I also think (more seriously) that the Source or whatever you want to call it tends constantly towards MORE life, not less, so to withdraw back to it before I’ve had my fill of standing out here on the promentory of my own (perceived) self doesn’t make any sense. I think the Source wants us to grow into the biggest most individuated things we can be, inheriting its power to use for ourselves rather than doing the spiritual equivalent of moving back to the parental home. I could be wrong, but that’s why I stopped defining myself as RHP and started being interested in becoming as close to the Divine whilst remaining individuated as I possibly can.

My current goal isn’t to become One with the Source, it’s to have the Source become one with Me and to be both in one - not “sacrificing my self to my Self” - rather, sacrificing Self to self.

I might be wrong, or barking up the wrong tree (or just barking mad! lol) but so far it’s going pretty good, finding this forum for example and some stuff I’ve read here just in 2 days of study that chimes EXACTLY with my own experiences and so on.

That’s my aim, not saying it could or should be everyone’s, and I might change it on a dime at any time.

The part about 'taking your hands off the steering wheel' is an illusion. Working within your example, if you find a true and honest (which is important - it cannot be a delusion) inner sense of safety and security, then merely by the way you are resonating you will manifest change in the world around you - the universe will bend to your Will - and thus, your space will become safe and secure because YOU are safe and secure. Essentially you end up manifesting change indirectly rather than directly, though the outcome is the same.

Agreed, that’s the essence of the Law of Attraction that people always seem to slip up on, and it can’t happen when the form of attachment chosen allows for a duality or manifest outcomes by creating doubt. That’s been my experience to date, anyway.

Once you cut through all of that bullshit you come to realize who you truly are.. you realize that you're already a God.. and so I see the path as being not so much about attaining or achieving anything, but remembering and embodying who you are whilst within the physical vehicle.. which ties back to OP.

For me, I figure that since I was, am, and always will be That, I’m sitting here right now being this human self so I might as well have fun with it, and explore it, and do all sorts of “depraved” and lively and invested-in-the-physical stuff… at some point I was probably only experiencing life as That, and at some point in the “future” I will be purely that again, so now’s my time to buy shiny things, care about the next season’s fashions, and play games with other parts of “That”/Me.

JMO. :o)

Yes, Asmodeus told me that magick is a very simple and easy thing to do, and that you yourself impose limits upon your power, mainly by doubting it. He told me that I could summon a legion of spirits as easily as smoking a cigarette, I just have to realize how simple it is and stop imposing limits on myself. Hmmm… Easier to say than to do.

I learned that when you lose yourself, when you yield yourself to imagination over doubt, you can become and do anything.

It seems the hardest lesson to learn is how easy magic actually is.

The younger you start, the easier it is when you’re older.

[quote=“Elison, post:10, topic:685”]Yes, Asmodeus told me that magick is a very simple and easy thing to do, and that you yourself impose limits upon your power, mainly by doubting it. He told me that I could summon a legion of spirits as easily as smoking a cigarette, I just have to realize how simple it is and stop imposing limits on myself. Hmmm… Easier to say than to do.

I learned that when you lose yourself, when you yield yourself to imagination over doubt, you can become and do anything.[/quote]

Thats a pretty good point. Gives me an idea for an experiment I might try tonight.

Yes, Asmodeus told me that magick is a very simple and easy thing to do, and that you yourself impose limits upon your power, mainly by doubting it. He told me that I could summon a legion of spirits as easily as smoking a cigarette, I just have to realize how simple it is and stop imposing limits on myself. Hmmm... Easier to say than to do.

I learned that when you lose yourself, when you yield yourself to imagination over doubt, you can become and do anything.

I got similar statements before.

It seems the hardest lesson to learn is how easy magic actually is.

You know, I found that in our present global culture. We somehow acquire self-doubt far more easily than we lose it. Which as the spirits say, then somehow impose limitations and we are not able to reach our full potential and have to drag ourselves through the mud.