Not enough mana

as a reflection of time we live in, let’s consider MANA, as a pool of magickal energy we have at our disposal

it’s funny, but true how video games and DnD got some magickal mechanics pretty precisely. maybe it’s about common logic, and people who consider magick purely theoreticaly or for fun might actually come to the same truths that practicing spiritualist does.

it’s clear that you can do only so much at one sitting, or in one day.

sometimes you might want to do more magickal work or want to push harder. maybe after some evocations you want to do even more evocations but you just don’t have enough mana…

does somebody know how to make a mana potion? :slight_smile:

Lady Eva said coconut oil is used as “brain food”.

what else?

let’s invent some BALG Mana potions

1 Like

[quote=“bahamuthat, post:1, topic:8879”]as a reflection of time we live in, let’s consider MANA, as a pool of magickal energy we have at our disposal

it’s funny, but true how video games and DnD got some magickal mechanics pretty precisely. maybe it’s about common logic, and people who consider magick purely theoreticaly or for fun might actually come to the same truths that practicing spiritualist does.

it’s clear that you can do only so much at one sitting, or in one day.

sometimes you might want to do more magickal work or want to push harder. maybe after some evocations you want to do even more evocations but you just don’t have enough mana…

does somebody know how to make a mana potion? :slight_smile:

Lady Eva said coconut oil is used as “brain food”.

what else?

let’s invent some BALG Mana potions[/quote]
Ha! That’s funny and sounds like a fun game too so I’ll give it a go. I found a good mana potion is power aid sports drink because it’s full of vitamins and electrolytes. I know I get super thirsty when doing magickal work and it does make some sense that one might use up some electrolytes considering the brain is an electrochemical computer.

3 Likes

So do I! I hadn’t made the connection though. Thanks!

1/2 oz. Psylocibin mushrooms = 1000 mana

1 Like

Ever thought of just taking it via vampirism, or pulling on a leyline?

1 Like

I use the “low sodium” salts that have potassium in as well, not because I;m afraid of sodium but to help balance electrolytes, and also drink a LOT of water and teas, so I think we’re on the same page with that. :slight_smile:

My research into purely physical dietary changes that have helped me so far are logged here: Experiment Report : Sugar Loading Prior To Major Work.

Short version, is eat some full-fat regular ice cream in the morning (ideally one that uses dairy fats, not vegetable transfats), and I found that the combination of fat and sugar works better for me than either alone, then do the work, and have some coconut oil (maybe 15g/half an ounce max) about 20 - 45m later, as “brain food” to help with that wrung-out feeling from a big bit of work.

Other people’s experience vary a bit, I’m 30-something, female, and maybe carrying some residual damage from several years of pounding back wine in large quantities, but I have found real value in getting an optimal kind of diet planned for days when I know ahead of time I’ll be working hard on something, like an evocation or attempted reality shift.

On the more spiritual side, as well as energy currents in the earth, symbols can be vamped (more like, fed from, it’s not necessarily an aggressive act) and some spirits will also give you the right to do this, it’s usually best to ask though I know not everyone agrees on this, it’s just how I work.

1 Like

Lol. : D

Ginko biloba is a good supplement to take for brain function/memory.

1 Like

I’ve been looking but no such luck definitely the best of the best only substance I know of that help to regrow brain tissue.

1 Like

Just thought I’d mention Ormus or ORME since it hasn’t been mentioned yet. Check it out, it has some very interesting properties and effects and is related to manna from what I understand. Can be taken as a daily supplement.

1 Like

Ormus has very questionable scientific backing, in fact, most of the science is complete bull shit. If it does to anything, it only works as a placebo to facilitate your own bodies’ abilities.

I seriously hope you are talking about wet weight and not dry weight, because it would be incredibly irresponsible to suggest that 14 grams dry weight would do anything but seriously incapacitate you for the next 12+ hours.

Dont put bad psychedelic information out there man, even if joking about it. Someone might actually take you seriously, and it does no favors in trying to get entheogens unscheduled or reduced.

I have yet to see anyone suggest meditation. Its not a potion, but in terms of methods that recover ‘mana’ (refresh the mind), meditation/sleep is the go to in all games, and also works in real life.

I find that meditation itself is tiring from a magical standpoint. I meditate once a day and I reach a trance state. Once I leave the trance state, I am spiritually exhausted. So, I get up and grab a cup of water and slowly acclimate to the real world again.

I think its the type of meditation that is important. Trance meditation can take a lot of focused will, but our goal is to relieve our focus and allow our minds to rejuvenate. Mindfullness meditation could benefit some, but for me at least, that too takes focus in a generalized way.

A good meditation I can suggest for those wishing to see a restorative effect on the mind, is a “mindlessness” meditation. Its a meditation where you actively think upon no thing in particular, almost like trying to go to sleep. And if done right, you can nod off if not careful, but a tiny bit of focus to not nod off is ok.

What I try to do is attempt to become conscious of is the ‘full-void’ of the core of my being, and remaining present in that.

Im probably not explaining this very well. A learned meditation master I am not, lol. But after doing that, I do feel mentally refreshed. Its also good for centering and clearing the mind.

Maybe there is an official word for that kind of meditation, but Im not familiar with it.

It’s described by Archtraitor Bluefluke as Gnosis in his Psychonaut Fieldguide.

I seriously hope you are talking about wet weight and not dry weight, because it would be incredibly irresponsible to suggest that 14 grams dry weight would do anything but seriously incapacitate you for the next 12+ hours.

Dont put bad psychedelic information out there man, even if joking about it. Someone might actually take you seriously, and it does no favors in trying to get entheogens unscheduled or reduced.[/quote]

You’re right. That was careless of me.

excellent BALG!
i’ll just try to categorize things how i see them

1. absolute best way to replenish mana would be - going Full-Void (BB44’s evocative term) - that would be state of True Yoga, where be Dragons (if you dare), and infinite mana flows - a.k.a., NOW

1.a - spiritual/sexual communion

1.b  - many forms of meditation (need more input)

1.c -  taking a nap in fetal position -(really special, falling deep in the hole within, emotional, gentle)

1.d -  a Dead Man Nap  - nothing special, just act really dead
       1.e - sleep

2. second best way would be spiritual feeding or Vampirizing.
    (it’s incredible, but this can be really hard and fast. very effective!!)

2.a humans 

2.b entities (don't have experience, need input)

3.c well known and deeply hated entity
                (have experience, would recommend!)

4.c events (no experience, need input)

4.d ??????   (need more BALG brain to profit)

3. Heavy Breathing (alone, outdoor) - real deep and seriously fully engaged body breathing for an extended period of time

doing 10 rounds of 120 breathing cycles 

each round could take 20-30 minutes.    

this alone is, i firmly believe, THE BEST possible natural way for anyone to see spiritual dimensions - and i guarantee to anyone who does this that ALL boundaries will be broken in a few short days

i’m selling you the air at the cost of nothing. if you buy, i guarantee you that ALL, and by that i mean ALL social and all other conditioning WILL FALL. and i hope some of you imagine how significant that is.

if you want to try something to test your self-love, do this. read this again. there is no greater expression of self-love then doing something like this.

your Soul craves it, and you don’t even know it!

i might expand on this practice, if someone is interested.

1. various drinkable liquids

4.a - Mana Potion (not yet invented)

4.b - tea (need input)

4.b - Powerade (it has electrolytes)

4.c - coconut oil (not sure how to apply)

4.d - Ginko - (been on and off, would recommend)

2. various edibles

5.a low potassium salt - (must learn about this)

5.b ???

Holy Plants have special application, altough i agree that ammount of special mushrooms would give you an Obelix experience :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fire breathing, or reverse breathing as it’s also known, I find to be especially invigorating. It’s quite simple. As you breathe in you suck in your gut. As you breathe out you push your gut out. It doesn’t take long at all to raise a great deal of energy.

As a disclaimer:
Don’t try to breathe actual fire. You will die.

yeah, i mean it’s 2016… what was i thinking…

[url=http://manapotions.com/]http://manapotions.com/[/url]