No. You Are Not Important

Even if everyone on this planet believed the x thing was true, I wanted to say even that dont make someone completely true.

Example? Flat earth. Another? Earth is on center of universe.Nearly all of the world believed this was true at some point.

1 Like

Who says it’s wrong? It just illegal.

Ahh yess. Exactly. The collective consciousness is still only subjective based upon perspective.

1 Like

Technically, yes. A fundamental belief in right and wrong has become a product of human evolution. It is the very thing that stopped the majority of humans clubbing each other over the head for a piece of fish and allowed them to work together to build villages, towns, cities and civilisations. Most people today believe in an inherent morality, but if you commence the grueling trudge through existentialism and pessimist philosophy you will find that it does not, and cannot logically exist externally (outside of human consciousness). It is a human construct, while at the same time it is also a product of evolution and can be regarded as “natural”.

Most criminals know their actions fit the classification of “wrong”, in accordance with that inherent morality found in most humans, but they do not care, or the reward is worth the weight on their conscience, which is a simple risk-reward algorithm. Conversely, there are people who do not have, through environment or logical deduction, inherent morality, and operate on their own self-made, moral framework.

1 Like

I agree. As we evolve, societally, we learn to work together as a unit to greater benefit the whole. This process lessens the ego a bit. Without ego there is no separate.

Good and Evil do exist but are illusory like the world we live in

1 Like

Personally, I believe that it is better to embrace the animalistic nature more than the cerebral because upon reaching a cognitive threshold where you are able to become what is essentially a wolf pondering its own existence (using logic), an evolutionary mistake in my mind, despair and torment shortly follows, because to become that example violates the laws of nature and takes you out of its holistic order, leaving you floating in an empty space with no way out except devolution.

1 Like

Its called the consensus reality. A person could truly believe they can fly and so they stand on the edge of a cliff. The onlookers all know thats impossible and when this individual falls he perhaps thinks hes flying but to everyone watching hes falling and when he finally goes splat his “perception” is no longer relevant. And the consensus perception of reality trumps his own individual reality. And since he’s now dead his reality no longer exists anyway.

Example: Hitler

Poor example.

2 Likes

actually its the perfect example, he was the good guy in his mind, making neccessary sacrifices for the racial survival of Europe, in his mind.

He never viewed himself as a “good guy”. He confessed that most of his more “controversial” actions he took no pleasure in, such as the Blitz. While he was a soldier in WWI he despised the fratricidal war, regarding his actions as “wrong”, and even punched his superior after carrying them out.

yeah i know, but what canme after were actions carried out in his mind for the good of germany and europe, Havaara agreement, Lebensborn program and so on, when WW2 exploded in 39, he still held conviction he was the good guy even while doing that holocaust stuff

Well beliefs are generally based upon percpective.

But while he was alive and “falling” he was indeed flying if he perceived himself to be (he just didn’t fly very well and gravity got the better of him) Who is litterally to say he wasn’t? The onlookers? When baby birds are pushed from nests do they fly or fall or sometimes both?

But, tbh, this type of example dances with delusion so I prefer to keep it realistic.

Oh absolutely, I agree. But it doesn’t change the fact that he did not see himself as a “good guy”, just a soldier who sacrificed as much as the German people did in the attempt to secure a wholesome future for the fatherland and Europe, that which he valued.

A better example would be Nelson Mandella, Pope Urban, or Charlemagne.

1 Like

didnt that make him good in his mind though? idk maybe im wrong

He expressed too much disappointment in the retaliatory measures taken against Britain for this to be true.

Yes I agree with pretty much everything you’ve written.

The one thing no one has really addressed is how was evil brought into existence in the beginning. Not so much why Man is evil.

I was more referring to the fact that I believe evil is not a separate thing from God. Many believe that God is all good and that “evil” was created when Lucifer fell. But that would make God infallible. I personally believe all is a part of the one. So must evil be.

yeah because it was wasted Germanic blood,
in my first post i said he felt he needed to make neccessary sacrifices for europe, this was one of them.

Also to anyone who assumes i like the guy, i dont, i am just speaking history debate here

You originally asked if you could still classify yourself as good. The answer is still yes. What you do and how you perceive yourself are not one and the same.

Hitler did what Hitler did but Hitler still may/could have classified himself as good.

1 Like