Night of Walpurgis

Greetings Folks !
Just a quick topic to talk about the coming night of Walpulgis ?
Who are you going to call upon this night ?
What type of operation are you going to conduct ?

Have a great week folks !

3 Likes

What is this special night? What is it about? What is it for?

Walpurgisnacht is April 31st, the night before May Day.
Germanic Christians named it for Saint Walburga alongside other pagan holidays that got plastered over with Christianity, but it’s been a Fertility festival for millenia, especially throughout Northern Europe.

The easiest analog I can give you is that it’s inverse Halloween. Falls exactly six months apart from it in the Solar year, and the veil between the Seen and Unseen is similarly thin, to different effect.

5 Likes

I’ve got a Ritual Knife to forge, which I intend to work in right relation with the Earth and her attendant spirits.
Normally, that would entail mining the ore myself with appropriate offerings in exchange for the local spirits, smelting the ore into steel, compacting and folding it to good structure, and then handling with wood I’ve harvested and paid, again, with proper offerings. Every bit of those materials would be properly mine, bought and paid for the old way. That’s a work in progress.

Recently, I was granted a Familiar by Azazel, for the express initial purpose of advancing my metallurgical skills. I’ve been collaborating with this Familiar and another Spirit Ally of mine on a method for paying offering to the appropriate spirits on wood and steel which has been strip-mined and unethically harvested.

So, tonight, I’ve buried a whole bunch of Ebony, Holly, Silver, and Steel. Unequivocally gave them back to the Earth, no strings attached. There they’ll stay for three full nights, the last being Walpurgisnacht, so that on May Day I can make offerings to buy that wood and metal from the Old Woman as should have been done when it was cut and mined.

I’m anticipating that it will cost quite a lot more than is usually paid when I gather Ore or Wood with such permissions, and preparing accordingly.

Simultaneously, the Night of the 31st, I’ll be taking an Astral journey into the lower worlds, to find and petition a Spirit Ally to reside in the Blade once it has been forged, or, better yet, one who is willing to give themselves to birth a new spirit into the blade. Might take longer than the one night, but that’s the night I’ve been directed to take the journey and I trust my Allies…

Assuming that I’m allowed to buy back that Steel, I’ll begin forging the billet for that blade in Monday the Fourth, and plan to complete and place the spirit within it for Summer Solstice 2020.

4 Likes

I might just start my Qliphothic work that night OR my Goetia path working. Not terribly sure yet. Too many options so many benefits.

1 Like

Quality time with my demon husbands and wives who are shaped like anime characters, with music like this;

in order to celebrate my past life’s Germanic heritage and the “Bible Black” anime

2 Likes

Hey! I’m super excited for this night. Earlier this month Lilith chose that date for my personal dedication before I realized it was Walpurgisnacht. I plan on celebrating my dedication & self-initiation, I’m still working out the last details lol.

2 Likes

That’s so beautiful @Soleil I hope you feel the spark of the Divine that night :heart:

I’m thinking I might do a burn (fire flow) on the beach with a witchie friend. Ive recently been contacted by Proteus, and I think he might appreciate a show of affection.

I also plan to honor Hekate, who I consider my pathwalking mother, and commit myself to discovery of more keys on this path.

2 Likes

My current checklist for today and tonight
-Making a besom
-Putting together a weightloss egg candle spell
-Make and leave a (small) honeycake and a cup of champagne on nearby forest crossroads
-Another cup and incense as offering on the devotional altar
-Bloodbath ritual
-Sauna
-Drink the rest of the champagne
-Chanting Enn and all the other preparatory stuff I tend to do
-A certain ritual I’ve waited on for a while.

4 Likes

Decided on this

1 Like

Drinking wine at the campfire and gaze at the stars.

3 Likes

Originally I planned to visit the Blocksberg in person, meeting up with someone and doing something with a necklace.

Since COVID19 cancelled that out I’ve planned to channel a certain kind of energy into said necklace myself.

But after I opened my recent paycheck and compared it to my actual workload I decided that I would throw my employers career into the fire, sacrificing it to the forces behind the veil :blush:

But first I will take a ritual bath and I will drink some ritual champagne and after that I will go for ritual revenge. Cute and simple.

5 Likes

Not sure about the campfire at this point either:

3 Likes

Thank you!! I’ve been working all morning, writing out things with the help of Lucifer, Beelzebub, and Lilith. I hope you and your friend enjoy flowing!!! Hecate has been with me for ten years and I love her!!

1 Like

Since someone else mentioned it, I may play more more of the Bible Black VN. I am apprehensive about it because a thoughtform that scans like Eris and looks similar to Reika since February showed up and has been encouraging me to play it among other things and I haven’t figured out the true motive yet. My shadow work inconclusive. My default mode of operating procrastination won’t yield me anything, and my alternate mode experimenting may get me in too much trouble too quickly for me to control. I don’t know what to do.

I burned some candles and incense today so I should be good when it comes to celebration otherwise.

1 Like

In this side of the planet Walpurga is not popular, nobody celebrates, aside from my birthday, it was stressful AF lol :sweat_smile:

Happy birthday!
DZVp

2 Likes

HAPPY BURF DAY :hugs::confetti_ball: :tada: @Ignited. I hope the day gets to be awesome instead of stressful!

I did banishing, cleansing, and smudging for my ritual. Invited Frau hulda, frigga and freya into my hearth. Dedicated my garden to them. Then made some goulash from venison and offered some of that and some of my favorite red sangria as offering in front of my house as the hunt began. Then my oldest kiddo and I danced in the rain egging thor on to show us his lightning and thunder skills… Sadly he didnt take my bait :persevere: but I got to see Odin in the sky riding slyphner and also some valkaries in cloud form as it began to rain more heavily so it was epic in my book none the less.

3 Likes

From what ive been learning she is Germanic in nature but has such strong similarity to frigg that she may be the German version of her. She is a weaver of weather, and cloth. Flax being her main plant. She is said to rule over an underworld where she collects the lost souls of infants that died before their naming. She is in charge of marriages and hearth and home. She carries keys on her gold belt. She harolds in the wild hunt with wodan. In fact she is wodans wife.
So I’m of the beilef she is the Germanic version of Frigga. I seperate her as i do believe she is but one aspect of Frigga. She would be the crone. And I also believe that Freya is the maiden aspect of Frigga. I do honor them all separately though.

1 Like

She is also who mother goose is based on. It is said that when it snows it is Frau Holla shaking out her goose down blankets lol. I really love the lore around these ladies. And when the clouds are dark and grey she is wearing dark clothes and her mood is sour :joy:

1 Like