Welcome to the forum, and to this most exciting path.

1 Like

Complete beginner. I fudged a couple of attempts but upon realizing I know nothing, got the impulse to wait and study for the time being. This isn’t a game and I’m not John Constantine. Lol So I’ll take the cautious approach Frome here on in.

I’m probably lucky nothing bad happened. Or maybe it did and I just have dull senses.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for elucidating more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Learn by heart and practice a Banishing Ritual until you feel a movement of energy - then keep practicing! After that, learn evoking/invoking (same as banishing but reverse). Most ‘Magicians’ fuck themselves by attempting evoking/invoking first. But there are spirits which are malicious, clever and very subtle. Their real danger is their subtly. And I learnt a lot.

Al.

3 Likes

I’ve had a gut full of this. I’m going to change my group name to The Banishing Satanist! All I ever seem to be posting is elemental warnings about learning how to effectively banish before doing anything else. I should save a document full of pithy aphorisms concerning The Importance of Banishing and just copy and paste it over and over again.

Why not a Beginners’ Section where all the really great, practical ‘beginner’ posts are stored? There’s heaps of these on these boards - I know; I’ve read 'em.

Al.
P.s. It’s just that if I keep posting about banishing first, then evocation/invocation members will think I’ve got a complex, or something. But I have because I’ve seen the results - over and over again as it turns out.

5 Likes

Looking forward to your group :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum @DylanZed.

I’m sure you’ll find the answers here that you seek, and then some :wink:

Thanks all for the warm reception. Amazing what happens when you open your mind a bit and let people and ideas present themselves rather than extrapolating. Lol I’m pretty certain this one of those “more than I bargained for” situations and I can’t wait.

@Uncle-Al wise words. I think before I do anything else I’ll put some time into banishment. Any leads on what energy movement may feel like? Or will I just know?

Welcome to the forum! can’t stress how important @Uncle-Al’s advice there is, banishing is a definite must especially as you will be very clear to spirits and parasites on the astral when you perform magick, so get a ritual that banishes and at the same time protects you as well.

What spells did you attempt? My early attempts at magick may have attracted a parasite to me, so I recommend learning a good ritual to removing parasites as well if you ever feel like something latched on. Magickal Protection by Damon Brand has a great ritual for removing parasites as well as a good banishing ritual.

@Dankquanicus I have not attempted any spells whatsoever. Not intentionally, at any rate. I only reached out with intention and no ceremony.

I have, however, done more reading. There was an interesting idea I came across about how, once a banishment is perfected, the energy itself is available and can be used at will. For now, I guess I have to go through the process each and every time. But I will start with Damon Brand.

1 Like

You will know.

Al.

1 Like

I could post the horror stories I’ve seen and known (and I’m sure I have) but because you weren’t there that’s all these would be - horror stories. Learn how to close something down before you start it up. It can’t get much more elemental or simple. Yet, when it comes to Magick this necessary and time tested piece of wisdom - if it’s considered at all - is flung aside with neophyte contempt.

A Made Up Story

I’ve also seen a practitioner of great promise lose everything by getting sucked in by a really nasty, “spider in a hole” entity and invoking it into his consciousness. So how did that happen? Well he just called up whatever was out there and this entity answered. Overtime they developed a relationship. Apparently that was its joy, getting its victims to destroy themselves with as many intricately interwoven secondary victims as possible.

Al.

3 Likes

Well then… Screw that! I’m all over those banishments.

2 Likes

A good piece of advice to keep in mind, taken from the fiction of HP Lovecraft, though I’m sure @Uncle-Al will agree: "Never call up that which you cannot put down. "

1 Like

Actually it’s a true story. Happened in Sydney, Australia.

Al.

3 Likes

Yeah, find a banishment that suits you and feels natural. There’s a bunch of them here on the forums.

As a neophyte I was prideful and vain and simply told myself that “I don’t need a banishing pentagram - that’s just silly”. Well, the silly one was me… I know that now. I suppose that if you are not humble, life will humble you :sweat_smile:

Just clear out the bad and negative energies as a habit when practicing and that should do it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi and Welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

@DylanZed, Purple’s Beginner Resources as listed above is excellent. Another resource I’d recommend is Bluefluke’s Psychonaut Field Manual. Ultraculture has compiled all of them for convenience with an intro article.

Both Purple’s and Bluefluke’s free resources are some of the best guides I’ve encountered and are way better than any new age Llewelyn book I’ve seen on the market.

1 Like

Welcome