Newbie to evocation

I know a bit about evocation, but I have some questions… these so questions consist of…

1. Must you have your third eye chakra open
  2. How exactly do you get to the brain state where manifestation of said spirit occurs?
  3. Exactly what ritual tools are necessary?
  4. Do I need a chair? Standing? Altar in circle? Is it necessary to have a censor?
    If anyone can help me with said info, please reply, or you can email me at [email protected] if you so wish

[quote=“darkestascent22, post:1, topic:3310”]I know a bit about evocation, but I have some questions… these so questions consist of…

1. Must you have your third eye chakra open[/quote]

With most modern forms of evocation (including modern twists on GT such as those of Donald Michael Kraig or Rufus Opus) the answer is yes. If you practice strict GT, such as from grimoires like The Heptameron or The Sixth & Seventh Books of Moses then no.

Oh, there are dozens of methods to reach the necessary trance state. Everything from deep meditation, raising one’s kundalini, drug use, ritual dance, ritual drumming, fasting, chanting, etc.

Depends on the method being used. Shamans use minimal tools with their evocations while most GT practitioners run the gamut for what tools they use, then there’s everything in between. But the most commonly found tools are thus (in no particular order):

1. Incense (either for manifestation or to match the nature of the spirit, or as an offering)

2. Circle (physical or astral, depending on tradition and system)

3. Seal of the Spirit (some may call it a “sigil”)

4. Manifestation Base (scrying mirror, crystal ball, fire, smoke, or nothing at all)

5. Point of Manifestation (usually the Triangle)

6. Candles (called “lamps” in many traditions)

7. Divine Authority

Those are just a few of the tools. Some may use a shit ton more, some may use only one or two of the above. The spectrum is far and wide.

[quote=“darkestascent22, post:1, topic:3310”]4. Do I need a chair? Standing? Altar in circle? Is it necessary to have a censor?
If anyone can help me with said info, please reply, or you can email me at [email protected] if you so wish[/quote]

It’s best to stand but there may be times when sitting may be needed, such as if you’re doing the evocation for an extended amount of time and have medical issues and need to sit or if your legs just get tired and you need to sit. For the censor, it would help in order to fill the room with smoke, if that is your desire.