Newbie Needing Help

I am a newbie as far as the left hand path is concerned, as I have been a practicing witch/wiccan for over 30 years, but I am finding myself stagnant in my practices and feel as If I am going no where. I am finding myself drawn (and I don’t really no why) to the left hand path, or as some call it Spiritual Satanism (I am not really sure what it is called in general retrospect, so please don’t fault me if I am incorrect in calling it that). But my problem is that I really do not know where to start. I have been having problems with visualization as if I am blocked by something, but to tell the truth, it is not one of my strong points. Is there any advice as to where to begin or who I should call to begin on this path? For some strange reason I am being drawn towards Astarte and when reading upon her it is my understanding that she is a path of Astaroth(?) Could this mean anything? I must also add that I am on disability and do not make a whole lot of money, and it seems buying books and everything else is way out of my league as far as money is concerned. I would appreciate any help I can get on this matter and which way to go on this new chosen path.

Lori (Lady Ani)

Welcome to the BALG forum.

Please avail yourself of the search function in the upper right. There is plenty of information available here to get you started.

Yes, use the search option extensively here that will help a lot. Search for “visualization” techniques or exercises and give yourself plenty of time to develop that skill. YouTube is also your friend. There’s a lot of decent channels and videos on visualization and evocation.

As far as titles here. I think a lot here would go by Left Hand Path, Black Magician, Sorcerer, etc. But there are also Right Hand Path people here as well.

While I see the value in working with a meta-entity like Satan, I would never label myself a Satanist of any sort. For one, in my opinion, Satanism is a religion. I reject religion. However, the fact remains that you can contact and work with Satan.

And you are correct about the Astarte and Astaroth (male or feminine version) connection.

@Iverdoot try reading Eliphas Levi: The Great Secret or Arthur Edward Waite: The Book of Black Magick. Those two books are very helpful with introducing spirits, their sigils and inner connection/magnetism with creation. If you are still having trouble with communication, performing invocation or evocations after reading these two books let me know. They are both very small books explaining in detail what it takes to develop these “powers”. Goodluck & Best wishes with your experiences. Have a great day :slight_smile:

You have come to the right place. You will never find a greater bunch of people. If one doesn’t know, another does. Everyone is helpful and amazing. I’m a newbie too from xtian religion.
So im paying catchup. You’ll love it here. So many tools. So much to learn. Keep an open mind. You’ll see! Best wishes on your journey!

2 Likes