Newbee

Greetings,

Complete newbee here. However, I have been studying Witchcraft for around 15 years, so not new to the occult. I ordered a book, and was all set to follow the outline, when I got online and something caught my attention, so I ordered another book and this one said you needed a circle, which the other one said you didn’t need. So, I made a circle (I’m an artist so it actually looks nice), then I found this site, which really seems to have the best information, —even making me feel comfortable about following this desire to start down this path. So, I ordered his complete works last night. :slight_smile:

I really don’t want to wait, maybe I’m being impatient. I’m not sure which book I should start off reading to get me going, as the books are not numbered in order of publication, and I’m not sure if an order is even necessary. I was thinking of ordering one of his courses. Any suggestions on which book to start with? I really want to start off with introducing myself to one Demon at first, and asking for help with growth, or my astral travel abilities that I seem to have hit or miss experiences with, I figure from what I’ve read thus far, perhaps strengthening areas that seem important seem to be a good starting point. Is there a good demon to start off with for a complete newbee? (though I have had experience with channeling before, just not in this fashion)… Also, can I use the circle I made following the original outline from King Solomon, or should I wait? As this site suggests the original circle is fear based, —and I’m not afraid, but I also don’t necessarily want to wait to start, at the same time it’s not my intent to disrespect either. Can the circle I created be used without disrespecting until the new circle(s), come in? If anyone has any suggestions for a complete newbee that would be great… :slight_smile: Thanks,
9Shadows

As far as the complete works go I recommend Works of Darkness first as it teaches you all the skills to move forward, then Evoking Eternity which is all about evocation. Baneful Magick is not required unless you wish to do some cursing. Kingdom of Flames and Book of Azazel are evocation based grimoires so until your comfortable evoking they’ll be of little practical value except for for sigils for sigil opening exercises.

In regards to the circles I recommend using the circle from the grimoire your using. There is a lot of contradictory information even in the complete works to this regard. Personally I use the circle given in Evoking Eternity (a simple ouroboros devoid of names) as Koetting states one can evoke any entity using the method given. I will state I have NEVER had a physical manifestation, only astral impressions even though I had results from the evocations.

Best of luck to you and welcome to the forum.
TWF

Book of Azazel is the only book I’ve read so far but I can tell it offers an interesting gnosis and inspired me. The way it tells how everything is illusionary and how you can manipulate those illusions to favor you is a point missing in most modern occultists. Maybe its a pick for you, its not that complex after all…

Welcome,

I agree with what TWF said about Works of Darkness. As a matter if fact I was thinking about what order one should read E.A.'s books in order to build upon them and the conclusion I came up with is this Pathworking:

Works of Darkness
Questing after Visions
Evoking Eternity
Ipsissimus
Then one’s choice of Baneful Magic or Kingdoms of Flame
Then capping it off with the Book of Azazel

That would give someone a few years worth of great work to do.

As far as the circle goes I usually follow the directions in Evoking Eternity and try and make the circle and triangle as entity specific as possible. The circle really just nails down who you are in the cosmology of the system you are using, for Solomonic Evocation it stands as a reminder that you are one with God and have his authority, with E.A.'s exercises and methods the circle reminds you that you ARE the one with divine authority that you procured yourself via “The Rites of Omnipotence”

Hope this helps,
Orismen

I have used the method of evocation in Works of Darkness, with an altar, and an astral circle, and am currently using EA’s universal circle without an altar.

I second Orismen’s pathworking through EA’s works, only I would say work through Questing After Visions concurrently with Works of Darkness, because QaV has some good exercises to help with getting into the Theta/Gamma sync which will allow you to get the most out of the meditations in WoD.

Good journey, and welcome to the forum!

I really appreciate the tips, I will start with the Works of Darkness… :slight_smile:

The circle advice is also very useful, thank you both. I will start out with mine, and then I can always compare results. Thanks for taking the time to respond, and for the welcome… I’m looking forward to getting started…

One other thing:
Can a spell be worked to help someone else, like supernatural help, instead of harming or gaining for myself (don’t get me wrong, I want that too), I just want to know if you can evoke a demon and send it to help a loved one that needs something? I haven’t come across anything like this in my reading thus far, and am just curious if anyone has tried this? Would you use the same system I’m reading about, just ask the Demon you summoned to aid (said person), instead of yourself at the correct point? Thanks again… :slight_smile:
9Shadows

[quote=“DarkestKnight, post:5, topic:3216”]I have used the method of evocation in Works of Darkness, with an altar, and an astral circle, and am currently using EA’s universal circle without an altar.

I second Orismen’s pathworking through EA’s works, only I would say work through Questing After Visions concurrently with Works of Darkness, because QaV has some good exercises to help with getting into the Theta/Gamma sync which will allow you to get the most out of the meditations in WoD.

Good journey, and welcome to the forum![/quote]

This sounds like a good plan as well, since I have both books I can use both without problem… Actually i just caved and bought his online course, “Mastering Evocation” so I’ll read, watch, read… It should keep me busy for awhile. Hopefully I can do a ritual today, if not within a few days.
9Shadows

I need to figure out how to get my picture up here too… :slight_smile:

[quote=“9Shadows, post:6, topic:3216”]I really appreciate the tips, I will start with the Works of Darkness… :slight_smile:

The circle advice is also very useful, thank you both. I will start out with mine, and then I can always compare results. Thanks for taking the time to respond, and for the welcome… I’m looking forward to getting started…

One other thing:
Can a spell be worked to help someone else, like supernatural help, instead of harming or gaining for myself (don’t get me wrong, I want that too), I just want to know if you can evoke a demon and send it to help a loved one that needs something? I haven’t come across anything like this in my reading thus far, and am just curious if anyone has tried this? Would you use the same system I’m reading about, just ask the Demon you summoned to aid (said person), instead of yourself at the correct point? Thanks again… :slight_smile:
9Shadows[/quote]Yes. That is what people pay professional magicians to do.

Yes. That is what people pay professional magicians to do.
[/quote]

:slight_smile:
Okay, so in the future I will be able to do this, and that’s what I wanted to know… I don’t have a pressing need right now, I just wanted to know if it could be done. There is sooo much to learn and study from this site alone, let alone all the books I’ve downloaded, it’s going to take some time --but this one question was pressing on me and I couldn’t seem to find an answer, so thanks :slight_smile:

It’s exciting just starting out, like an invigorating beginning, oddly more exciting then my first adventure into the occult…

Still can’t figure out how to get a photo up… But, I’ll get there lol :slight_smile: