New Years Goals! NOW!

Howdy, fellow Brethren of the Black!

2018 is approaching fast! Along with New Years resolutions and the such like, this is the time to set aside an agenda for 2018, if you are into that sort of thing.

So! What will you do this year? 2017 was a year of Evocation, creating Egregores, Baneful magic, magic of ascent in various areas.

2018 will be my year of gaining skills in Soul Travel.
What about you? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

My goal for 2018 will be to make at least $250k using magick bc i love money and to learn how to physically manipulate and control the 4 elements

7 Likes

That is fantastic! Yeah, one of my burdens it that magic be used for financial advancement…as always for survival and prosperity.

Do it to it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would like to explore at least half the Qliphoth by next year’s end and work more closely with certain entities (Tiamat, Odin, Belial, Anubis, Cain, Rosier and Naamah).

2 Likes

That sounds very exciting! I have evoked Odin before. It was awesome. Good luck!

1 Like

Lol, I fucking love it! I have a similar goal, but this time it is to fix my body. I am a former amateur strength athlete but I want to make the shift from bulk to free running/ body weight maneuvers. I plan on working with Orias to reach these ends. I am thinking a daily offering of time and pain is just what the doctor ordered.

5 Likes

Following Lilith and Samael.

3 Likes

Wow thats awesome. I did not compete but body building was a huge part of my life and still love to lift. My best friend (whom may be joining this forum) is into martial arts and is afraid magick will make him lose his focus… do you have any advice for him on how to incorporate magick to excel his martial arts abilities??

5 Likes

These responses are all so positive. Let’s keep them coming. :slight_smile:

Interesting

Honestly there is so much about martial arts that you can incorporate into one’s personal practice that I don’t even know where to begin. From a general athletic perspective I can say that achieving certain mental states while I have trained has allowed me to literally power through plateaus that most people need to dope to overcome. I have to believe a dedicated practice would make him a better martial artist. What is it that we do that goes much outside of form and focus as occultists? Edit: I did not body build but I power lifted. I never had the dietary discipline to bodybuild. The level of self control competitive builders maintain pre-show is a mystery to me.

4 Likes

@serpens_album [quote=“serpens_album, post:8, topic:21433”]
My best friend (whom may be joining this forum) is into martial arts and is afraid magick will make him lose his focus… do you have any advice for him on how to incorporate magick to excel his martial arts abilities??
[/quote]

My advice would be to use Soul Travel and/or Kundalini/Energy Work and incorporate that into the meditation that he likely already uses with his Martial Arts. They could be made to work into his routine as Martial Arts has mystic leanings in its meditative practice and those practices mentioned also come out of mysticism. As you know, mysticism and martial arts are commonly interwoven.

2 Likes

He doesnt know the first thing about meditation. I just recently showed him magick was real through spell work.

1 Like

Good to hear that you were able to demonstrate magic to him. Hmm well … perhaps the can start with something super simple for meditation just to clear his mind. He can use this to get his mind clear for martial arts. Maybe this will be helpful, maybe it won’t. Baby steps…

2 Likes

Yea no. I need to show him specifics…

1 Like

If he is good at martial arts then I expect that he should be good with energy manipulation.

Have him start doing basic energy work, it’ll blend in almost seamlessly with his martial arts. Once he begins to feel that energy inside of him and starts to move it around. He’ll feel it every single time he does martial arts.

Energy manipulation is a powerful tool, definitely recommend you ask him to look into: tai chi/yoga/qi qong/ nei qong/ or a mix of any of those.

4 Likes

Build upon what he’s already good at, martial arts is a whole different experience when you can feel your energetic body and feel that energy flowing inside of you. get him Robert Bruce’s New Energy Ways and let him try some of those exercises.

For some reason I strongly see this individual being good with energy working

4 Likes

I would recommend your friend read the book Path Notes of An American Ninja Master. It covers meditation and energy work (even spirits) within martial arts, specifically the higher levels of ninjitsu but applicable to any art.

5 Likes

I could be a smartass and say my goal for 2018 is to become a living god, but I’m not EA Koetting.

Money, magick, and mental ability are my basic goals.

5 Likes

Diving deeper into the depths of what i can do with my magic.

Possibly erasing the hindrance of debt that doesnt work for me. :thinking: if this works out in only 12 months I’d be surprised, ecstatic but surprised. :smiling_imp: Let Financial Magick Restructuring Begin :smiling_imp: :laughing:

1 Like