New to this, would love advice

Truth be told ive always had visions of the deceased and being able to sense magic since i was younger. But growing up in a Christian house hold i had to hide everything i could see or sense. Now being older and now knowing my blood line is red/black. My energy has been chaotic as of late. My astral projections in my sleep have dramatically increased. Also my energy has expanded rapidly. What is a good spell for controlling it?

3 Likes

Have you tried the Middle Pillar Exercise?

2 Likes

Would you be able to explain what it is exactly please? I have some understanding but to be honest im more of a fledgling

2 Likes

The Middle Pillar Ritual is an exercise developed by Hermetic practitioners. During their Neophyte grade this is one of the only rituals they perform for about 6 months; it is that relevant. It is a grounding exercise that will help you over time and practice to do a few things. Grounding yourself is important, especially before ritual. It will help you to be able to sense and then move energy around your body and through your chakras. It is a great way to physically feel how your breathing effects your energy flow. If you have any energy blockages or weak/overpowered points the MP will help you identify and correct them. When you get good at it the MP exercise is also an awesome way to raise energy for yourself in ritual and other scenarios. I actually do the MP often to this day, and I learned it years and years ago. It is a staple for many practitioners. The way I do it has changed over the course of my practice but the principle is still more or less the same.

2 Likes

Actually, @Lady_Eva usually sends new members a PM with some resources for new people. I highly recommend you read up on those. If she hasn’t done it yet, i could potentially forward you my own copy (if I can find it). You can also use the search function of the forum to find LOADS of threads for people new to magick

2 Likes

Good point, I checked and it got sent 12 hours ago - @Jurai153 it’s the one titles "Some useful links " :thumbsup: :smiley:

1 Like