New to magic please help

Hey I’m Sam I’m new to all this I was wondering if anyone is willing to give any tips thanks .

1 Like

tips on what exactly? lol you gotta be more specific.
Something that is good to know for a newbie when you want information on something, always do your research and if you still didn’t find any information you can make a topic and ask about it. A lot of what you’ll probably wanna ask have already been asked multiply times and you will most likely be redirected to the search function if it’s something that is very common here :slight_smile:

Welcome @Tap Please introduce yourself properly, and tell us about yourself.

How old are you?

Where do you hail from?

Do you have any experience at all in magick?

If so, what do you practice, and how long have you practiced it?

If not, what areas of magick are you interested in learning?

This is important information to include in your introduction as it helps us to get to know you, and to provide you with appropriate direction.

You may approach what Regardie held as the beginning studies and practices, which are divination and, next, talismans. A good thing is that Divination also corresponds to the first Godlike Power: Omniscience, in E. A. Koetting’s system. Some of its forms are Tarot, runes and scrying. The other two powers are Evocation: Omnipotence and Soul Travel: Omnipresence. Theoretically you may begin with one of these as well. Learn a Tarot or rune spread, or practice opening sigils, which you do by looking at them in the same way it’s used for scrying.

I would say, look into raising your personal power first - through meditation to cultivate more energy.
Then, look into wards and psychic hygiene.

You can find all this and more in the tutorials here:

1 Like

Your new? Get out while you still can. Jk. Just take it one step at a time. I wouldn’t try any crazy intense rituals right off the bat. Over time develop your craft.

Whatever you do, don’t bother to learn and rehearse a banishing ritual. This takes a lot of time and who has time to spare? I recommend getting straight into evoking or better still, invoking. That way, if you ever attract the attention (or special attention) of some nasty, lowly evolved piece of spiritual nastiness you’ll have absolutely no idea how to deal with it. And fuck me! I’ve seen the results of doing just as I’ve advised - over and over again as it turns out. But don’t let me stop you.

Al.

1 Like

One of the things Magick is about is energy: its collection and direction.

Banishing is a safe way of getting your first taste of energy movement and establishing barriers. To learn it properly takes rehearsal after rehearsal, then practice after practice – however, this is time really well spent because evoking/invoking are essentially reverse banishing and you’ll have some idea both of energy changes and how to cause these.

Banishing (negative) and evoking/invoking (positive) are the basis of all rituals.

So what banishing ritual is best? The one that works for you!

Al.

1 Like

What have you read/understood with regards to the nature of reality or why magick could work?d