New to balg

thank you. I may be game for that. always can use the advice of people with more knowledge than me.

People like to take everything out of context. The only historical reason I can think of why someone would think ‘black magick’ is a racist term is that the word for ‘black’ in Latin sounds a bit… well, very close to a well-known racial slur. So the name for a ‘black magician’ in Latin sounds a bit… distasteful. But the original usage of the Latin term in the 1200s - 1500s was not at all meant in a racial way.

2 Likes

I have never heard of black magick being called a racist term bfore.

Black refers to secrecy, darkness, shadows and the undiscovered. It is no more a racist term than when the lights go out and we call it a “blackout,” Or when soldiers go on clandestine missions that are referred to as “black ops.” Or the government builds secret, off the books, places called “black sites.”

Black Magick has not, and never has been, tied to race, so I’m not sure where these politically correct folks get that idea from.

2 Likes

ok. it mostly gets spread by the love and light witches on witchtok. everyone being the pagan police

1 Like

Yeah, they don’t know what in the 9 circles of hell they are talking about. From that kind of bullshit, you’d think the word “black” didn’t exist until the slave trade or something. :roll_eyes:

1 Like