New tarot deck

So I got “The Hermetic Tarot” in today. I love the art work. So today I asked myself a question after meditation. The question was “if I decide to work with the necronomicon (simon), what would I get or achieve?” And this was the answer.

Ace of cups
The Sun
Six of Cups
Queen of Pentacles.

I wrote some things about the cards that sounded good from the booklet. None were reversed. I read somewhere that you should decide your own meaning behind the cards. Is that true? Also is there anything interesting here to you? We can also talk about different tarots.

1 Like

I have that deck as well, time ago I worked heavily with it for improving my communication with Astaroth and other demons. However, I haven’t used it in a while. If you know Qabalah and astrology, the deck really opens up to you. It has some cards based on Crowley’s Thoth, so I read it with Thoth meanings. A difference with the Thoth deck is that it has Star tzaddi. I like the art as well. I like Star he though

1 Like

Yes the artwork really spoke out to me. And its interesting after I bought it and was waiting for it to be delivered, I started thinking about dabbling in planetary magick. Very weird coincidence huh

1 Like

This music really spoke to me back in those times

Most people like decks with a lot of characters and scenes, but I like decks like the Hermetic because it is like when in “Matrix” the guys read the green numbers

1 Like

I think your wording is a bit off, it’s best if you don’t make conditional questions and especially a 2 parts questions.

1 Like

Please correct me if I am wrong as I know almost nothing about Tarot decks, but I think that someone should not use them to ask questions about himself / herself. The more experienced ones can confirm this and correct me or not.

1 Like

Thank you for telling me. I’m a total newbie to tarot.

1 Like

Would it be better worded like this “what does the path of the necronomicon offer me?”

I’ve been reading Tarot for 20+ years. I rarely ask “random” questions. I use them more for contemplation and insight into my own psyche. And I can usually give a detailed and accurate reading to a querent. I will also sometimes use them to divine the most probable outcome of a magickal working. You can surly ask questions. And when I first started I ask a lot of mundane questions. It was more of an amusement then but it eventually evolved into something much deeper. There is a book called The Easiest Way to Learn Tarot by Dusty White that could be possibly be helpful to you (Nimosdomus.) The approach teaches you to learn intuitively and recognize patterns in the cards and their relationships. The placement of the cards can give as much information as the card itself.

2 Likes