New Moderator

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:4, topic:3976”]Thanks!

I look forward to being able to help keep drama to a minimum, for which Bran’s been setting a solid example that I intend to emulate, and hope that I can contribute to making this forum a healthy and creative place to talk about magick, instead of distractions and bickering. ;)[/quote]

BALG has drama? O.o

[quote=“telgega, post:21, topic:3976”][quote=“Lady Eva, post:4, topic:3976”]Thanks!

I look forward to being able to help keep drama to a minimum, for which Bran’s been setting a solid example that I intend to emulate, and hope that I can contribute to making this forum a healthy and creative place to talk about magick, instead of distractions and bickering. ;)[/quote]

BALG has drama? O.o[/quote]

I think this is the only forum I have been on where people might try to take you out for being wrong on the internet, so yeah you could say that.

There’s a huge body of evidence to show that once people start arguing, higher thought actually does shut down and the parts of the brain activated are the same ones involved in fighting for survival - this covers that pretty well: Harvard Business Review : Break Your Addiction Top Being Right.

So the moment a thread becomes an argument and not a debate, all that’s left is to see who can fling poop the hardest, and that has no place on a serious forum about magick.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:23, topic:3976”]There’s a huge body of evidence to show that once people start arguing, higher thought actually does shut down and the parts of the brain activated are the same ones involved in fighting for survival - this covers that pretty well: Harvard Business Review : Break Your Addiction Top Being Right.

So the moment a thread becomes an argument and not a debate, all that’s left is to see who can fling poop the hardest, and that has no place on a serious forum about magick.[/quote]

This is why when I start threads I state all flames will be ignored. AINT NO ONE GOT TIME FO DAT!

I am sooo happy that finally two awesome BALG members are modding the floor…congrats to Bran and Eva…they are the reason why I’m back posting and enjoying the vibe again…as it should be…

It’s nice to hear that! Thanks!

Congratulations Ms. Eva. Maybe one day I’ll join your ranks haha

And get to send intro reminders to people who can’t read the rules? OH BOY!

Now, stop it, and join in as one of us! :stuck_out_tongue:

And get to send intro reminders to people who can’t read the rules? OH BOY!

Isn’t that everyone’s dream haha
Now, stop it, and join in as one of us! :P[/quote]

Congrats lady eva. Can I get some help please?

What with?

And, first, please take a moment to post an introduction here - it’s one of the Rules of this forum

Also, please don’t duplicate the same post into the same thread, or anywhere else, once is enough, your topic now has its own thread here. :slight_smile:

Got it. My name is Jimmy. I’ve never really practiced magic but. I did it once almost year ago. That leads to the problem I would like advice with. Needless to say, I’m very open minded, spiritual, and always willing to learn new things.

So my questions can be answered now that you’ve lead me to a recent post?

No-one’s stopping your question being answered Jimmy, give it time - people will reply if they have anything to share.

Thank you for the intro, and you might find these links useful to begin with:

• the Member Resources thread, which has a ton of links to newsletter tutorials on things like opening sigils, attaining Theta-Gamma Synch (TGS), and also practical advice on using the forum, posting images and YouTube videos, etc.;

• and also a lot of good topics in the archives, which can be found using the Search function.

Congrats Lady Eva. I will crack a 40 for you! Not that Im looking for an excuse to drink…dont judge me!