New Moderator : Claidheam

I’m proud to announce that Claidheam has now joined the moderation team, to help keep the BALG forums a welcoming and productive community for all serious magicians and students of the art.

Congratulations Claidheam, and welcome aboard! :slight_smile:

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:1, topic:5884”]I’m proud to announce that Claidheam has now joined the moderation team, to help keep the BALG forums a welcoming and productive community for all serious magicians and students of the art.

Congratulations Claidheam, and welcome aboard! :)[/quote]

Welcome! Aboard Calidheam. I know you will do a good job here :slight_smile:

Haha I like it contrasted with her comment from a few hours ago: " If the thing to do is for me to be banned for being (I’ll admit) very rude here, do what you have to do, but I’m shooting as straight as it gets here. "

Congrats Claidheam.

I’m pretty sure Claidheam’s a boy actually, but I’ll let him reply in his own time on the rest! :slight_smile:

Congratulations Claidheam :smiley:

And yes i’m sensing strongly that Claidheam is male, but maybe rawiri mist typed her when he meant to say he’s.

1 Like

Yes, let’s go with what Black Flame said. Lol. I should have stuck with the safe “their.” And now I can’t sneakily edit it! Sorry for the mistaken identity Claidheam.

Hey, congrats, man! I know you’ll do a stellar job.

Well this is the opposite of banned.

Thanks so much everyone, I just want to say that accepting this is not something I did lightly, but Lady E can be just about impossible to say no to!

What I promise you can expect from me is to look out for the best interests of this community. The mod thing is only to give me the administrative ability to deal quickly with trolls, spam, and things/people that detract from what this is all supposed to be about: Real Magick, Real Results. First and foremost, I’m a member of this community and just about anything you’ll hear me say here is coming from me as an individual, with flaws, quirks, and…let’s say “eccentricities”…but all necessary modding is going to be as impartial as I can possibly make it so you know it’s coming from the needs/rules of this community and not from my personal whimsy.

I’m not associated with BALG, plenty of you here are much more magickally advanced than I am, and I don’t represent anything officially other than helping out in keeping the forum clean and functional.

That said, if any of you do feel the need to PM me about any questions or concerns you have, fire away. If I haven’t disappeared on some lengthy excursion or another, I will either be able to help you, or at the very least find out who can.

Keep being awesome, ya’ll, this forum is already one of the best places for exchange of this kind of knowledge that’s available to most, and I’m confident that I’ll actually just be doing what I always do (assault your eyes and sanity with novel-length accounts of what it’s like to be totally out of touch with reality) because of the quality of our regulars here.

But, if spammers or flamers should eventually crop up, then…well, it’ll be time to meet the Enforcer.

0.o

EDIT - Rawiri I understand your confusion because I am in truth an abominably eldritch and blasphemously daemoniacal ancient horror from beyond the stars, finally arisen from the sleep of aeons to feast upon the unravelling sanity of hapless fisherpeople and nautical sightseers -

But to make things easier for everyone, I absolutely 100% identify as a cis-gendered human heterosexual male, so please everyone be understanding and try not to trigger me unnecessarily because identifying human is a very real hardship that can haunt you throughout your life.

Muh privulege.

1 Like

Claidheam is a manly man (Hope that didn’t trigger you)

Congratulations! Glad to see that the Ban Hammer fell into your hands, wield it as Mjolnir!

Congrats, Claidheam!

Congratulations!

Congratulations, and Welcome :).

I like that name - claidheam. I could be wrong, but it sounds very ancient celt to me. I like it. : )

Congratulations!!!

Thanks. And my name is from a Goidelic language, not necessarily ancient but definitely Celtic.

1 Like